Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bored from starport mission list.. What can I do next? Any suggestions are welcome

If you are ever feeling bored, consider a life of crime.

Originally Posted by Limoncello Lizard View Post (Source)
    If you are ever feeling bored, consider a life of crime.
    So go be a pirate and listen to this?

Haha, nice idea - if I can't fly around, noone else should
    Not sure how suitable the small Cobra is.. NPCs fly quite buffed ships of bigger size.. I feel lack of firepower at times.

I'm my idea might take many by surprise. But, join power play, combat fit your ship including an interdictor, and go to another powers controlled system. Then interdict their ships. You will gain 30 merits per a pull from super cruise. You will get 1500 merits faster than think. This will pay you 5 Million credits, plus after 4 weeks, you can get a reward. Right now I'm doing Pack-hound missiles. I've decided to go mess with the Pirate lord (forget his name).

I do do it in my FDL, then after a few days of that (It only takes a few hours to maintain 1500 merits based on their decay) I've been doing passenger missions. I prefer criminals, so I have to either run from authority or fight. With a boost speed of 486 m/s I get to decide what I want to do. You should have no problem in a Cobra with 440 m/s (stock).

Since Im already a Billionaire (in game only ), I no longer have a desire for credits or a big ship, so I'm having a blast.

Install a hatch breaking limpet controller and see how you get on and take it from there.

Before you know it, you would have sunk countless hours failing at piracy at first, then tinkering with your load out and visiting engineers, etc.
    Dunno about other folks around here, but despite the whinning, it's one of the most complete profession in the game, albeit not so much profitable.

So if you're after time vs credit, ignore me.
    If you're after time vs fun, though...

Originally Posted by pippo View Post (Source)
    Install a hatch breaking limpet controller and see how you get on and take it from there.
    that's actually true. you need to learn about the backgroundsimulation for spawns and best sell prices, you have to deal with combat, in a not combat optimised kill-them-all ship, you have challenges like not to destroy the trader you want to pirate, sometimes you are working against a timer (system security shows up), and you can enjoy spectacular sights while waiting for your prey...

Try this load out and go have fun:

https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/cobr...SGF9A%3D%3D%3D

when your tired of shooting, do passenger missions or run rares in it!!

Thanks for the hints -my build is very similar indeed.
    Are the missiles more effective than multicannons?

Originally Posted by DerDzvero View Post (Source)
    Thanks for the hints -my build is very similar indeed.
    Are the missiles more effective than multicannons?
    the small hardpoints on a cobra mkIII aren't well placed - in most cases you won't hit a target with them in a turning battle. i have as well switched to seeker missiles in them. as the cobra mkIII isn't a shield tank, but fast, taking some distance after enemies shields are down and finish them off with seekers is a great tactic.

i run medium beam, medium MC, 2 seekers.

Don't go it alone Commander, get into a group. The best player factions will give you a home and a purpose. I'm a recruiter for the Federal Defense League, we're a FDev recognized player faction who work the BGS (background simulation) for the Federation. The mission board takes on a whole new significance when you work it as part of a multi-week operation. Coordinating your efforts with a group of likeminded Commanders all with a common objective will give you a new outlook on Elite. See my post "The Federal Defense League Wants You!" in the Dangerous Groups section of the forums for more complete information.

Thanks Commanders!
    I got Horizons now, took a deep breath and taking deep dive into Galaxy at new level! So much more to see and discover.

Commander Frank, I will most certainly follow your advice and contact you very soon - just need to get a bit more into the mechanics and options around.

o7!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12