Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the barrier of entry to experience PVP too high?

The engineer exploit is why I'm flying in Solo now. I'm not being the content of someone who cheats.

And I actually like PvP.

Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    You'd think there are logs of transactions including paying mats to engineer.
    This post suggests as much, in my opinion:

Originally Posted by CMDR Sticks View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we’ve identified accounts that have engaged in repeated and deliberate use of a game exploit which allowed people to gain a significant and unfair advantage with Engineering; we will be reviewing and taking action where we feel it is appropriate. The development team are working on a fix for this exploit and we will give you an update on this as soon as we have it.

We’d like to remind people of the code of conduct, particularly the section outlined here:

1. We also do not tolerate the use of any exploits or the use of any possible bugs in the game to generate player advantage.
    2. Any player caught cheating or taking advantage of any exploits or bugs will be penalised and could face a game ban.

We really appreciate all reports of bugs and exploits in the game, and if possible we ask players to report any discovered as soon as possible. As mentioned earlier, reporting these bugs makes for a fairer, better balanced, and more fun Elite Dangerous. If you do not wish to report a bug / issue on our forums due to the sensitive nature of such, you're welcome to contact us directly via our ticketing system.

Regards,

CMDR Sticks
    Frontier Support Team

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    But did they ever remove the cheat rolls?

Member of DRX
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    We probably won't know until someone admits that they used the exploit and informs us that the modifications have been removed.

Frontier won't publish anything - based on past practice.

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Frontier does not discuss any punishments applied to player accounts.

Originally Posted by Quester91 View Post (Source)
    Can this cheat scandal be used as an excuse to strip engineers out of the game?

Because I'd be very happy to see this happen. Engineers, just like powerplay, is a module that need a complete overhaul and some serious game design thought process.
    i like the idea of engineers, but the rng implementation was terrible. Having an exploit that allowed cheating somehow even made it worse.

Originally Posted by Robert Maynard View Post (Source)
    According to the PVP community, the cheating was wide spread among the top echelons, yet we've seen that no one from these ranks has been punished and they've even posted pics of their astronomically improbable stats.

We can therefore conclude that Frontier has done NOTHING to address the issue. So they are either:

a) Able to fix the situation, but declining to do so atm for unspecified reasons
    b) unable to do so and blustering for pure (failed) PR reasons

Originally Posted by Ian Phillips View Post (Source)
    They don't have to. We have Reddit. We know nothing has been done and the cheat ships will never be fixed.

To OP: It is literally not possible to fight on even footing in PvP right now (if ever again). Your friend, even if he runs the engineering gauntlets, will never be able to max roll out his ships like most PvPers have cheated to do.

Removing an exploited mod is not punishment.

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    You'd think there are logs of transactions including paying mats to engineer.
    I find it hard to believe they've logged every mat and grd roll for every grd upgrade earned and that somebody is actually going to sort through all that and figure out who cheated and who didn't. Obviously, if you have grd 5 upgrades and have generated only grd 1 rolls, you cheated, but other than that, it's going to be hard to tell. I think the only fix is a mass rebalance and flattening of engineer upgrades for everybody.

Which is garbage in my opinion, for this case.

Oh well. I just won't be taking part in their flagship mode anymore. Can't do so if there's a possibility that the development team are allowing cheaters to keep cheating, which is what FD is doing assuming the cheat rolls haven't been removed.

Meh'.

Member of DRX

Originally Posted by Ziljan View Post (Source)
    Your nonchalance isn't convincing anyone. You may as well have posted a "hi, I have a god-rolled ship, and I'm loving it!" banner in your sig.

I have no god-rolled mods. I don't like exploits and I hope that FD actually, for once, does something about it. They simply have no other choice than to remove those exploited mods or they will kill Open Mode or at least PvP.

It's rather sad.
    --
    Frontier Development: "… malicious griefing (which we loosely define as actions whose only purpose, outcome and gain is to punish and frustrate other players)."

The DBX needs an increase of agility!
    FDev: Give us a jump capable Condor with class 1 FSD, and 3 class 1 slots for ADS, DSS and fuel scoop

Originally Posted by Enexemander View Post (Source)
    They don't have to. We have Reddit. We know nothing has been done and the cheat ships will never be fixed.

To OP: It is literally not possible to fight on even footing in PvP right now (if ever again). Your friend, even if he runs the engineering gauntlets, will never be able to max roll out his ships like most PvPers have cheated to do.
    We also know by what Frontier is not saying.

If you've removed all exploited modules from the game, it's in your interest to inform the community for the sake of the integrity of the game.

That they have not done this speaks volumes.

People are not stupid we can put 2 + 2 together.

Also notably absent are the big PvP groups who you'd think would be up in arms about this.

All very odd isn't it.

CMDR Britain
    The Thargoids are not the enemy
    "Alien archeology and other mysteries" archive | YouTube | Images/Audio

Which is fine for lone cases. But here ?

I mean, unless FD makes clear that they removed all those moded modules, it'll poison the well of PvP for good.
    Also, removing those modules is not a punishment, it's called bug fixing. Not being clear about this is just crap PR.

Then again, that's just my opinion.

Engineering almost destroyed pvp. However, not all is lost. All engineering can be done within a few hours once the engineers are unlocked. I'd recommend your friend to start mining to make sure he has the 500t jean Selene requirement because armor is very important on Fed ships.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast