Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Somewhat to my surprise, I'm rather enjoying mining

Originally Posted by Cmdr. Numa View Post (Source)
    Nice to see another Conda miner. It's a beautifully precise mining machine. 4 mining lasers, up to 9 limpets doing their thing, and the sounds of the working refinery.
    I was struggling a bit to find a use for my Anaconda, but mining is a perfect role for it.

Originally Posted by Lightspeed View Post (Source)
    Plus everything you sell is pure profit
    OP, an alternative way to enjoy mining is to equip some turrets, wing up with a buddy or two, and go mine a RES. From selling your refined commodities, to trade dividends, to bounty claims, it's great profit and fun all around. Just make sure to beef up your miner a bit if you have it stripped down.

Now I just need to find myself one of those 'pristine metallic rings' I hear so much about ...

The little chirping and giggling noises the limpets make are just delightful

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    Now I just need to find myself one of those 'pristine metallic rings' I hear so much about ...
    http://edtools.ddns.net/

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Feels a bit like cheating, but thank you

I demand FD provide limpet paint jobs !

Burn the heretic!

Hmmm. So is there a difference between 'metallic' and 'pristine metallic'? The first planet I went to on the list was just 'metallic'.

It shouldn't. This data should be available to every pilot in the ED universe.

Hmmm. So is there a difference between 'metallic' and 'pristine metallic'? The first planet I went to on the list was just 'metallic'.
    Pristine is the system reserves, metallic is the ring type. I think you will need to DSS the star or a ring planet to see the system reserves.

I did my share of mining unlocking engineers and have a dedicated mining ship, but haven't touched it since. It's ok, but could use some improvement. Prospector limpets are stupid. Just give me a mining scanner. Also, mulitplayer.

I, being an old '85'er, used to think a bit like that too then realized it is the 34th Century (in the game ) and presumably people still talk and communicate. I use all sorts of 3rd Party tools now. Guess this the new fangled internet thing changed information flow very quickly just in my lifetime let alone way in the future. Or so I justify it to myself.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    Pristine is the system reserves, metallic is the ring type. I think you will need to DSS the star or a ring planet to see the system reserves.
    Aha! Thank you.

The most mining I ever did was in a beta, and I have to agree the Anaconda is a phenomenal mining ship. With the right loadout you can deplete an asteroid with two full discharges of the laser banks, then just sit back and let the limpets do their therapeutic dance (don't forget to pitch up 90° to shorten the flight time). Even sorting out the refinery hoppers and/or discarding unwanted cargo has a sort of zen appeal once you've figured out how it all works. And when you've got nothing but refinables coming in with no chance of a hopper stoppage you can switch to the target panel and watch the fragment list collapse as the limpets do their thing. Lovely.

Unfortunately in the live game my bubble CMDR can't yet afford an Anaconda, and my beta experience has definitely spoiled me. I have a mining Asp and it's perfectly OK, but I do miss the sheer speed of the Annie.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast