Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Somewhat to my surprise, I'm rather enjoying mining

Somewhat to my surprise, I'm rather enjoying mining

It's a very restful activity, isn't it? I'm not in any danger of making huge amounts of cash yet, but I'm enjoying the change of pace.

Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity

Yeah it's peaceful and a relaxing way to make some money. Credits per hour aren't anything to write home about, at least when I do it, but it is relaxing. I usually listen to some music or podcasts.

Yeah as long as it is only an hour or two it is a nice change of pace. I didn't bother really until engineers. But now it is my go to method of farming reloads for combat CG weeks.

Originally Posted by h347h View Post (Source)
    Yeah as long as it is only an hour or two it is a nice change of pace. I didn't bother really until engineers. But now it is my go to method of farming reloads for combat CG weeks.
    Mining doesn't cut it for me. I get too sleepy playing it!
    And to reload for combat CG's, I usually raid the barnacles!
    Explorer, bounty hunter, trader, snuggler, alien inquisitor.
    Current activity: [ Tryin' to git gud ]
    Combat: [ Elite ] Trade: [ Elite ] Exploration: [ Elite ]
    Federation: [ Admiral ] Empire: [ King ]

Engineers: [ 100% Unlocked ]

I like a good mining session every now and then.

It's not something I would do on a regular basis, but I find it very relaxing and zen-like.

Pop an audio book on or a Lave Radio podcast and you are golden!
    There are three basic types: The Wills, The Won't, and the Cant's
    The Wills accomplish everything, The Wont's oppose everything and the Cant's will not try anything.

i do a long ming session each week (mining corvette)... or a couple of shorter ones this weekend (in my mining clipper) for the maia CG. good musik or a podcast in a visually stunning ring is quality time with myself.
    ___

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

It is a perfect way to relax and unwind, nothing but the sounds of mining lasers and collection limpets. It's perfect! And a hell of a way to spend your retirement

Gol Senz, Xenobiologist
    Mahon Supporter for over 100 weeks!

I tried it for a little bit... just not my thing...

Originally Posted by h347h View Post (Source)
    you can also get many materials for any synthesis (jumponium!) and engineering: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-for-materials, if you know where to look.

last week i did ~100 FSD5 increase rolls, and got all the arsenic needed from mining a metal rich ring from that thread (imho faster than barnacle farming).
    ___

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    i do a long ming session each week (mining corvette)... or a couple of shorter ones this weekend (in my mining clipper) for the maia CG. good musik or a podcast in a visually stunning ring is quality time with myself.
    Alternatively, I am trying trading for the first time in earnest. Plotted all of the known rares, and am moving from cluster to cluster, while State trading when I find a good spot (recalled you encouraging State trading, in-game only, many times). Not only is it fun and lucrative, but found an excellent documentary on the Falklands War on youtube.

OP, glad you're enjoying mining.

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    It's a very restful activity, isn't it? I'm not in any danger of making huge amounts of cash yet, but I'm enjoying the change of pace.

http://i.imgur.com/FL89djF.jpg
    man... its the 'dogs' in VR...

Dr. Julius Strangepork
    is an ex actor and comedian, who now plays Elite: Dangerous.

Nice to see another Conda miner. It's a beautifully precise mining machine. 4 mining lasers, up to 9 limpets doing their thing, and the sounds of the working refinery.

Originally Posted by john willi View Post (Source)
    man... its the 'dogs' in VR...
    Ooooooooo!

Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity

Plus everything you sell is pure profit

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast