Thread: Can anyone Donate a Sandybridge i7 2700K ?

Can anyone Donate a Sandybridge i7 2700K ?

Just throwing this out there. I apologise to my fellow commandeers for asking but it is a last resort, as I'm not in a position to buy or build a new rig. If admin feel I've broken rules then please just delete this thread, and accept my apologies.

Does anyone have an old Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2700K or i72600K they don't need any more. And would kindly consider donating (I can pay P&P to UK), maybe a small fee. I'm in real need now because my 2700K finally failed and I'm using my backup, old old old Pentium 2 I cobbled together from old bits for just email and web browsing at best. The main old rig MB will only take a Sandybridge or below.

PM me

Kind regards

Jonnny

I have to say I think you are setting your sights a bit high on what people might be willing to donate, that processor can fetch upwards of £160 on ebay, people will be less inclined to give them away. You might get lucky but 99.99% of people looking to upgrade from that chip will be looking to sell it rather than donate it.

The i5 2500k would be a better chip to set your sights on, it's a far cheaper chip (£50-£60) than the i7 & people are more likely to part with it. Consider that it performs to within 80% of the performance of the i7 too in most applications for around 1/3 the price too, it should be quite within budget too.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    I have to say I think you are setting your sights a bit high on what people might be willing to donate, that processor can fetch upwards of £160 on ebay, people will be less inclined to give them away. You might get lucky but 99.99% of people looking to upgrade from that chip will be looking to sell it rather than donate it.

The i5 2500k would be a better chip to set your sights on, it's a far cheaper chip (£50-£60) than the i7 & people are more likely to part with it. Consider that it performs to within 80% of the performance of the i7 too in most applications for around 1/3 the price too, it should be quite within budget too.
    Thank you for the advice. I can afford to pay a little. I had no idea they still sell on ebay.

The i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5Ghz, which it does with ease, has the performance of a stock 6600k. Cheap Ebay deal would be your best bet and do over clock it. If you get one PM me with your mobo details and I'll get you a guide on how to overclock it.

Oh and here's one for 12 quid. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/18256020491...5983114&crdt=0

Originally Posted by Necronaught View Post (Source)
    The i5 2500k overclocked to 4.5Ghz, which it does with ease, has the performance of a stock 6600k. Cheap Ebay deal would be your best bet and do over clock it. If you get one PM me with your mobo details and I'll get you a guide on how to overclock it.

Oh and here's one for 12 quid. https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/18256020491...5983114&crdt=0
    Well, heatsink & fan- no processor there.

Originally Posted by MickyG1982 View Post (Source)
    Well, heatsink & fan- no processor there.
    Someone's going to have fun overclocking that.

A 2700K or 2600K would be my preferred CPU. But I was surprised at the i5 2500K inc the prices you mentioned.

The difference is that there were a lot more 2500k's sold due to them being a more mainstream processor, for gaming purposes they perform near enough identically to the higher tier i7 processors.

You would only really notice a difference between the i5 & i7's on heavily cpu bound games & even then, the difference wouldn't be all that much.

lol I was drunk when I posted that link.

One of my systems is still running a 2500k@4.8ghz on air, and it is still a powerhouse. Gotta be one of the best processor lines ever made.

Originally Posted by JonnyRedHed View Post (Source)
    Just throwing this out there. I apologise to my fellow commandeers for asking but it is a last resort, as I'm not in a position to buy or build a new rig. If admin feel I've broken rules then please just delete this thread, and accept my apologies.

Does anyone have an old Intel Sandy Bridge i7 2700K or i72600K they don't need any more. And would kindly consider donating (I can pay P&P to UK), maybe a small fee. I'm in real need now because my 2700K finally failed and I'm using my backup, old old old Pentium 2 I cobbled together from old bits for just email and web browsing at best. The main old rig MB will only take a Sandybridge or below.

PM me

Kind regards

Jonnny
    Just out of interest, what motherboard do you have? As I understand it the 2700k requires an LGA 1155 socket & there are several newer "i" processors that also use that socket. Perhaps they might also be compatible.

Asrock Z68 Extreme4 (Gen1).

I would like very much to build a new rig. But am not in a position to do that this year.