Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Lifetime pass payback time

Originally Posted by Crook View Post (Source)
    do any of you other paid lifetime pass holders think that you'll get your monies worth from it in the end
    I've already got my money's worth a hundred times over (based on the number of hours I've already played).
    Duchess Commander Crank Larson

Twitch | YouTube

It's everybody's (including mine) own fault for handing out money on vague promises. The truly wise don't pre-order.
    Dem white knights nerfed muh mershn!

Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    I've already got my money's worth a hundred times over (based on the number of hours I've already played).
    I was about to say the same. Though I do look forward to more content in whatever shape it takes.
    There are three basic types: The Wills, The Won't, and the Cant's
    The Wills accomplish everything, The Wont's oppose everything and the Cant's will not try anything.

Originally Posted by CMDR Crank Larson View Post (Source)
    That too. At the very least I don't have to worry about spending money on whatever comes along except shiny hats

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    The fact that they don't do seasons any more doesn't mean that I as a LEP owner won't be getting free updates anymore.
    From what I remember when I bought into the LEP there was no talk about Seasons to begin with.

So whatever system FD uses to deliver content is fine by me. It doesn't make any difference at all.
    I can't see why this should be made into another problem.

Recently David Braben said in an interview that they hope to bring new content for even more than a decade to come.
    The delivery method doesn't matter. Who cares about seasons? I don't.

I think this thread is a waste of energy.
    You're correct of course.
    The term "season" wasn't forged until the latter part of 2015, when Horizons was revealed.
    Technically there never was a "season 1". It's just a term we began to use, out of convenience, when we referred to ED's first year.
    And of course no LEP owner has to worry, all future content will still be covered by their pass, regardless of the distribution or business model.
    Perhaps some folks would just like some confirmation of that, something FD could easily give them if more threads on this topic should emerge.
    If i had a LEP i wouldn't worry at all.
    And for those who worry, how about contacting support and simply ask ?

FD having talked about using the revenue stream from one game to develop another, unfortunately creates a rod for their own backs. It makes it too easy to present any slowness or lack of development in ED as due to the ED money being funnelled to Planet Coaster or their next game.

I'm a lifetime pass owner myself, and am still a bit wary of how vague it all is. I know how much I've spent (over €200 for the game and pass, not including another €100 in cosmetics) but it's still far from clear what that pays for, or over what time period.

Originally Posted by who? View Post (Source)
    FD having talked about using the revenue stream from one game to develop another, unfortunately creates a rod for their own backs. It makes it too easy to present any slowness or lack of development in ED as due to the ED money being funnelled to Planet Coaster or their next game.
    Uh… yeah, about that thing when companies use their money to invest in new products that will likely have a much higher profit margin. Where do you think that initial investment should come from?

...isn't sure what's going on.
    I personally backed the game to be made and the LTE was a nice and very welcome bonus.

No-one outside of Frontier knows what the new model will be and we'll just have to wait and see what our position is when that announcement is made.

Even if FD changes the way of pay&deliver, the LTP is the easyiest way to get all content.
    Why should i get a payback? I get my development of the game without any additional cost!
    eveb if there is no season any more, there are patches. I get them and do not have to click a button.
    Non est ad astra mollis e terris via.
    Per aspera ad astra!

EDSM.net - Profile Juniper Nomi'Tar
    -->> My Profile at Inara.cz <<--

Over 1000 hours played... I got my money's (monies) worth without DLC.

SUre life timers will still get rewards

Given the amount of hours I've put in I think I've had good value for money already.
    Yes, I've paid more than I would typically but I've also played rather a lot.

So I think the lifetime pass was worth it.
    The worrying question for me is whether FD will continue to give me all the DLC content for 'free' while shifting away from the Seasons model. I certainly hope so and I think it would be in the spirit of the lifetime pass but you never know. I reckon they'll do the right thing on this
    Any extra content at this point is a bonus, I think we have a great game already and it is getting better.

Originally Posted by Shadowdancer View Post (Source)
    Uh… yeah, about that thing when companies use their money to invest in new products that will likely have a much higher profit margin. Where do you think that initial investment should come from?
    There's an important distinction between buying a completed product, and buying what was - effectively - a work-in-progress.

If FD handed over a complete game, replete with all promised expansions on the day of purchase; then they could drink away the "lifetime pass fund" in a boozy, druggy holiday in the Caribbean for all I care. I'd have my game and I'd be happy with it. As it stands, it's very vague what will be included in the lifetime pass, the schedule is also very vague (what dates were shared, were missed). So yes, I am concerned if money that could be used on ED development is being routed elsewhere. No panic buttons being hit yet though; as always I'd just like more info.

Not a kickstarter, not a lifetime pass holder, so I really don't have much to say about this, other than... this is an example of why I don't do these sorts of things. It's a risk, and largely an unnecessary one.

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Not a kickstarter, not a lifetime pass holder, so I really don't have much to say about this, other than... this is an example of why I don't do these sorts of things. It's a risk, and largely an unnecessary one.
    Pretty sure way back the LTE was $30 or so.Those folks already got their money back, even if development would stop today. Which it clearly wont, so I dont get the issue very much.

Ceterum censeo Pythem esse nerfam

Doesn't bother me much whether I get my seasons for nothing and my DLC's for free or the other way around.
    It ain't much, if it is dutch...

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast