Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cutter vs. Corvette Coriolis stats doesn't add up?

Question Cutter vs. Corvette Coriolis stats doesn't add up?

I've been playing around with Coriolis to see which of those mighty ship would win on the paper, flying skills aside.

So I got this Corvette vs. this Cutter.

Similar loadout and Engineering. Emphasise lying on similar!

Corvette has slightly higher Hull, Cutter has MUCH higher shields. Although the Corvette does 20 DPS more, I would have expected them to both hold their ground quite good and the Cutter winning in the End. I was already disapointed as I just bought and combat-fitted a quite similar Corvette. But...

Que néni!

Corvette holds his shields for 9:18 and armor for 7:18 while
    Cutter holds his shields for only 5:00 and armor for tiny 1:28!!! In a static front attack the Cutter would be dead before Scratching the Corvette's hull

The Cutter could make up for that with his manoeuvrability, but I'm not really sure about that.

I know Coriolis is not overly accurate, but What The F?
    Zorgon Peterson Foxtrot Romeo India over o7

My Explorer Profile on EDSM

You dont state what your testing environment was. If it was a CZ, then the AI population would make a big difference. I am also not particularly impressed with the rather "worst of both worlds" shield build.

In my PvE experience of using both in a HCZ with my normal full Res Build :
    Cutter just never loses it shields, but is slow to turn (yours made worse by all that Hull reinforcement).
    Vette does have to run away occasionally, but is much more fun to fly, and kills quicker with more time on target.

As soon as you talk one-on-one, then that PvP which is another story altogether that I have no experience of. I would suspect, that unless the Cutter boosted away to recharge, it would lose to the more maneuverable Vette.
    "The Monster" - "The Canonn Material and PPOI Sheet" - "Formidine Rift"
    ... --- --..-- / .. -. / - .... . / ..-. .- -.-. . / --- ..-. / --- ...- . .-. .-- .... . .-.. -- .. -. --. / --- -.. -.. ... --..-- / .. .----. -- / .-.. . ..-. - / .-- .. - .... / --- -. .-.. -.-- / --- -. . / --- .--. - .. --- -. ---... / .. .----. -- / --. --- .. -. --. / - --- / .... .- ...- . / - --- / ... -.-. .. . -. -.-. . / - .... . / ... .... .. - / --- ..- - / --- ..-. / - .... .. ...

corruption still works better overall than slavery.

on a more serious note, if you want to compare those ships number, you need to fit a weapon loadout which they can sustain with 2 pips to wep. this is why you get those numbers from coriolis - basically your cutter has to recharge the powerdistributor every 11 seconds.

p.s.: have quickly set up builds unengineered with full fixed MC loadout, which both ships can sustain before fights end. still the corvette would be 28 seconds faster in taking down the cutter... an effect of its second huge hardpoint i suppose.
    ___

Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Originally Posted by goemon View Post (Source)
    corruption still works better overall than slavery.

on a more serious note, if you want to compare those ships number, you need to fit a weapon loadout which they can sustain with 2 pips to wep. this is why you get those numbers from coriolis - basically your cutter has to recharge the powerdistributor every 11 seconds.
    That would be it. The Cutter's bad power Distributor. May I Point out the fact the the Corvette has his Distributor engineered for System, and the Cutter for weapons. But even this doesn't make up for the big difference in Distributors. Distributors is the key, thank you for pointing out this

As I said I own a Corvette. I can also sit in a HCZ without having to run away. This comparison is purely PVP, because PVE, both builds are equally AI-shredders who massacre NPCs with disdain.

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    This comparison is purely PVP.
    in a pvp fight, the cutter would never loose, as it can simply run away. there is nothing as powerfull as speed in pvp, as you can dictate the flow of an engagement (pretty much the commentary at the very end of the last pvp-league final). this of course assumes, that the federal corvette does not high wake in time.
    ___

in a pvp fight, the cutter would never loose, as it can simply run away. there is nothing as powerfull as speed in pvp, as you can dictate the flow of an engagement (pretty much the commentary at the very end of the last pvp-league final). this of course assumes, that the federal corvette does not high wake in time.
    If the cutter runs away to reload shields, the Corvette reloads as well in this time, so the fight would never end. It wouldn't loose, but wouldn't win either, which is pretty pointless. Also, most of my weapons on my actual build are Long range modded, so the cutter would have to run far, and IF it hasn't Long range mods as well, would have to sustain damage while not spreading any when travelling the weapons range difference.

If the cutter runs away to reload shields, the Corvette reloads as well in this time, so the fight would never end.
    check out the difference of shield recharge rate (broken or not) between a class 8 and a class 7 shield... I could imagine that this would be the cutting edge of a cutter in such a scenario. and i'm actually not sure whether coriolis takes scb's into account.

anyway, a largely academic debate for me, as i find both ships most boring in combat .... love my trading cutter and my mining corvette, though.
    ___

check out the difference of shield recharge rate (broken or not) between a class 8 and a class 7 shield...
    What are you trying to say? The class 7 will be charged before the 8 of course, which is an additional Advantage towards the Corvette, right?

Wait, did someone say Outmaneuver with a Cutter?

I doubt a Cutter could out maneuver an Ocellus station.

It maneuvers like a block of soap on ice.

What are you trying to say? The class 7 will be charged before the 8 of course, which is an additional Advantage towards the Corvette, right?
    no, shield recharge rate of a class 8A shield: 2,4/s; 9,6/2 (broken). 7A: 1,8/s; 7,3/s (broken). similar between class 8 bi-weave and class 7 bi-weave, prismatics of both classes, etc. basically in the same time, the cutter would recharge ~33% more MJ.

as the cutter has roughly 25% more shields, it shields would come up earlier (if broken), and with a higher MJ (if broken). if not broken, it still would have 33% more MJ after disengaging.

whether this is enough to make up for the difference of sustained DPS i have no idea.
    ___

no, shield recharge rate of a class 8A shield: 2,4/s; 9,6/2 (broken). 7A: 1,8/s; 7,3/s (broken). similar between class 8 bi-weave and class 7 bi-weave, prismatics of both classes, etc. basically in the same time, the cutter would recharge 33% more MJ.
    Please excuse my noobishness but I still don't get it. You confirm that the class 7 is recharged before the class 8. How is that an Advantage for the cutter?

Originally Posted by IndigoWyrd View Post (Source)
    Wait, did someone say Outmaneuver with a Cutter?

I doubt a Cutter could out maneuver an Ocellus station.

It maneuvers like a block of soap on ice.
    The turning rate stats of the cutter are better. But it's true the Cutter has quite some momentum, making it slide before aligning a vectore.

Please excuse my noobishness but I still don't get it. You confirm that the class 7 is recharged before the class 8. How is that an Advantage for the cutter?
    no, the other way round. the class 7 recharges LESS MJ per second, whether broken or not, compared to a class 8.

(you can see all those stats in coriolis or ingame)
    ___

no, the other way round. the class 7 recharges LESS MJ per second, whether broken or not, compared to a class 8.

(you can see all those stats in coriolis or ingame)
    Ähm, actually, Coriolis is not backing that Argument. There, the 7 recharges before the class 8. But it could be the class 8 Distributor with System Focussed Mod that could be responsible for this. Will look into it.

The Cutter could, in theory, run away to reboot shields and have more than the Corvette.

But I'm not sure if, by doing the same, the Distributor advantage would even this out again.
    My Glorious Flightstation
    CMDR Herbrand - FA Off Trainee - HTC Vive user

Ähm, actually, Coriolis is not backing that Argument. There, the 7 recharges before the class 8. But it could be the class 8 Distributor with System Focussed Mod that could be responsible for this. Will look into it.
    i think you are reading the numbers wrong. the recharge rate in the modul stats is referring to MJ recharged per seconds. there you can see that a class 8 shield always recharge more MJ per second than a class 7 of same grade/type.
    ___

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast