Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thargoids? Be afraid? Nah, don't think so :|

Thargoids? Be afraid? Nah, don't think so :|

Source: http://www.newsweek.com/elite-danger...-aliens-627033

Regarding the Thargoid 'invasion'

“It’s not going to affect the whole galaxy at the same time. It’s going to be in an area,” Braben said. “So players can choose to engage with it or not. Same with player organizations.”

“There won’t be any one person or group who can mess it up for everyone,” Sammarco added. “We’ve put a lot of time and effort into making this new chapter feel right for everyone. It’s there to be experienced. As David said, Elite is a giant game. You don’t have to go where this thing is going to start kicking off. Initially, it won’t be on your doorstep.”
    So, what they're saying, is not only will there be no actual invasion, you won't even have to escape to Colonia to avoid conflict. Indeed, it sounds specifically like what we already have now, in the shape of conflict zones.

How exciting.

I really hope they are going to be random encounters outside of the bubble.. not sure if close to the center or their homeworld proximity will increase encounter chance but definitely no to "thargoid combat zones"

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Source: http://www.newsweek.com/elite-danger...-aliens-627033

Regarding the Thargoid 'invasion'

So, what they're saying, is not only will there be no actual invasion, you won't even have to escape to Colonia to avoid conflict. Indeed, it sounds specifically like what we already have now, in the shape of conflict zones.

How exciting.
    Hi there, depending on how you read it it may mean exactly that you have to escape to Colonia, or the rift.

The galaxy is a big place the small area may well be the entire bubble or most o fit and people who don't want to partake can fly a few thousand ly to escape it.

Given the way they have sold it it sounds like a creeping advance through the bubble with the incremental releases they were talking about, 'course it depends how the story plays out and who goes to war and who welcomes our new alien overlords.

Aah damn
    And i was hoping for random killer-hyperdictions with a chance to happen at every hyperjump, regardless WHERE in the galaxy we are

If it makes sense within the context of the game universe to confront or contend with the Thargoids for gain or for the protection of human resources and human lives, I think that's a significant improvement to what we have in the game now, especially if they can provide a real and meaningful challenge.

Running off and hiding in Colonia? At least that bit of ridiculous cowardice won't be rewarded.

Well, people were moaning about not wanting to take part with the aliens....

I just want to see this video that apparently a few got to see during E3!

Greetings Jex =TE=, The Thargoids have returned, and yes, you should be very afraid. Read more about The Return here.
    Well that depends on how their AI will work and if it sucks as bad as the regular AI, probably not. If I have to go to a specific place then no, why would I be if I'm not there and I'm assuming that my un-rngineered Viper is going to be able to fight them? How is the balance going to be acheived between RNG and non-RNG ships? What about these god rolled ships? Do they need to be afraid?

Good.

I just don't care much about Thargoids.

Honestly this is the best solution. I played a game from 2002-2007 (OtherSpace:MUSH) where twice (once before my time and a few times after I left) the creator came in and 'knocked over all the sandcastles', basically wiping away entire worlds, lore and background. Some people liked it, a lot of people hated it. Whilst I think if we did knock over all the sandcastles would be brave, it might also ruin a lot about the game for people. So this sort of 'opt in' isn't a bad idea.

The only thing that makes me worried is that we have to grind for special weapons to fight the Thargoids. I remember fighting the Thargoids was possible with any weapon in the past and should already be like that.

Originally Posted by JeffRyan View Post (Source)
    Honestly this is the best solution. I played a game from 2002-2007 (OtherSpace:MUSH) where twice (once before my time and a few times after I left) the creator came in and 'knocked over all the sandcastles', basically wiping away entire worlds, lore and background. Some people liked it, a lot of people hated it. Whilst I think if we did knock over all the sandcastles would be brave, it might also ruin a lot about the game for people. So this sort of 'opt in' isn't a bad idea.
    Oh man!

I had a fight with that dude on his other MUSH (the churrochurro fantasy one) about something pretty stupid. He's kind of a total asshat.

Didn't he also sell people's RP logs as published work without giving them any compensation?

Originally Posted by Colonial Air Force View Post (Source)
    Oh man!

I had a fight with that dude on his other MUSH (the churrochurro fantasy one) about something pretty stupid. He's kind of a total asshat.

Didn't he also sell people's RP logs as published work without giving them any compensation?
    He did, not that he made much from it. Chiaroscuro yes. Wes is a bit of an asshat, or I should say he was, he's mellowed a bit in his old age, we still chat (our kids are the same age so we share father-stuff).

Gee, I'm shocked, I would have never expected something like this from fdevs, ever.

Brace yourselves for exciting thargoids combat bond CGs.

If anyone really expected anything else I'd say you were definitely fooling yourself.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast