Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Message from GalCop: The time to start getting ready for Thargoid incursions is now.

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    As humans we love organization and structure and hierarchies. We think that that way we can overcome our chaotic and disorganized nature and become better. Striving for an idealized goal of harmony.

As insectoids with a queen the thargoids already have that harmony. They are one will, one organization.

Yes, we are fractured. It's human nature.
    We constantly fight between each other and everything that gets between us and what we want.
    We are chaotic.
    We are disorganized.
    We are aggressive.
    We are territorial.

We are the evil that lurks in the darkness of space. Devote followers of the chaos within wearing the mask of order and harmony.

An organized foe is coming our way.

We are no clear target.
    We aren't predictable.
    We run around like cockroaches, hiding behind the next stone where it's dark.
    We reproduce quickly.
    We have no queen whose death will leave us without cause or intent.
    We are willing to sacrifice everything for what we consider victory.

We are not "we".

The Thargoids have already lost. Because they can't fight humanity as there is no one humanity.
    That was beautiful, man.

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by Noctover View Post (Source)
    Being able to communicate and side with the mysterious aliens makes about as much sense as a chocolate kettle. Nothing says mysterious aliens like a Thargoid REP bar... sigh
    Originally Posted by Angrymog View Post (Source)
    Just to clarify - this is GalCop's official response and suggestions for other groups to follow. We have no idea what the powers that be intend. Perhaps the Thargoids just want to invite us to flower arranging classes (I hope you see what I did there). That would be nice, but unlikely.

In short, GalCop believes humanity needs to prepare for war.
    I totally get in previous game the thargoids were the big bad enemy. I also get they are mysterious. But someone also did help the thargoids in the past, so why can't we. I'm not asking for a specific way to be friendly towards them, just any way at all really. I don't mind if I never know much about them, I just want to sit in the saftey of their home space, and watch humanity bash its head on the thargoid rock while the obviously more powerful thargoids show who has the big guns. Oh, and make money while doing it.

I don't think anyone can deny if someone comes along with bigger and better guns than your side, you might at least be tempted to switch sides to survive.

WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER!

My scientist nature shouts "they can't be that advances to just pretend to destroy us!". But me, I say "get ready for the worst possible scenario". And the truth is, the WPS is one in which the Thargoids have prepared carefully for a full-scale war against humanity. And to survive that, we will need to fight... and to understand, investigate and find our enemy´s weakness.

Fellow Canonn Commanders, and anyone able to fight, I call you! This is the time to prepare your science vessels to fight! We don´t know what we will be facing, so don't relly just on your biggest guns. Be ready to change tactics and strategies, be ready to swap for ship configurations you are not used to, and be ready to assist anywhere and everywhere!

If we are to fight the Thargoids, always keep a sharp eye! Any clue, any observation of a possible weak spot will be of vital importance. Report these findings to the Canonn Institute, we will do our best to assist.

And, more important: Be ready to assist civilian ships. Massive evacuations may occur, lack of food or medicines, need for weapons and shelter. We do not fight for space: We fight for humanity.

Commander M. Volgrand.
    Lead Canonn Scientist.
    Canonn Defense Forces.

Beware
    For the fear of the Thargoids may be used as an excuse for Human political factions to push their agenda

Originally Posted by M. Volgrand View Post (Source)
    WE MUST FIGHT TOGETHER!

My scientist nature shouts "they can't be that advances to just pretend to destroy us!". But me, I say "get ready for the worst possible scenario". And the truth is, the WPS is one in which the Thargoids have prepared carefully for a full-scale war against humanity. And to survive that, we will need to fight... and to understand, investigate and find our enemy´s weakness.

Fellow Canonn Commanders, and anyone able to fight, I call you! This is the time to prepare your science vessels to fight! We don´t know what we will be facing, so don't relly just on your biggest guns. Be ready to change tactics and strategies, be ready to swap for ship configurations you are not used to, and be ready to assist anywhere and everywhere!

If we are to fight the Thargoids, always keep a sharp eye! Any clue, any observation of a possible weak spot will be of vital importance. Report these findings to the Canonn Institute, we will do our best to assist.

And, more important: Be ready to assist civilian ships. Massive evacuations may occur, lack of food or medicines, need for weapons and shelter. We do not fight for space: We fight for humanity.

Commander M. Volgrand.
    Lead Canonn Scientist.
    Canonn Defense Forces.
    As a member of Canonn, can you confirm if you are using your mega ship in this fight. If so, will you be needing people to put their combat ships on board to help it fight. I need to know whether I need to speed up progress on my 'holiday project' or not.

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    Beware
    For the fear of the Thargoids may be used as an excuse for Human political factions to push their agenda
    *insert Donald Trump joke here* (I don't hate the guy, it's just fun to make jokes about him. About any politician for that matter).

Originally Posted by Mrat View Post (Source)
    As a member of Canonn, can you confirm if you are using your mega ship in this fight. If so, will you be needing people to put their combat ships on board to help it fight. I need to know whether I need to speed up progress on my 'holiday project' or not.
    As long as I know, it is not being used in combat. It is mainly a science vessel, but I will inform if the decission is made to use the Gnosis in combat.

So long as what happens in the bubble, stays in the bubble, then Im cool. Not literally cos its a heatwave atm and winter is nowhere in sight...or something...

Ok ye so a little dark place in my psyche really does just wanna watch the bubble burn...it sorta deserves to burn tbh...I got a nice little planet about 30 kyls away to watch it from and a silo of popcorn fer the inevitable forum wars. Im more concerned about my decreasing store of niobium than I am about what happens there ^
    M8 who ye talking to?
    Nobody.
    So who am I talking to?
    Me.
    Wha....?

Prefer to wait until after the initial thargoid nerf that will happen due to the incessant whining of the lowest common denominator skill level pilots who can't take out a thargoid warship in their unmodified sidewinder while having the game muted watching Netflix.

Originally Posted by Moolis View Post (Source)
    I fought the Thargoids when I was young.

Now, beeing old, I'm back in space.
    And the Thargoids are comming back too. But not because of me.

Seems so, not to much has changed.
    War never changes.

As an explorer myself, I have no interest in fighting anyone, or anything. If the bugs attack me I'll run, otherwise I plan to learn about them but mostly just leave them alone, and I'm hoping they do the same to me.

Originally Posted by M. Volgrand View Post (Source)
    As long as I know, it is not being used in combat. It is mainly a science vessel, but I will inform if the decission is made to use the Gnosis in combat.
    It's just a bit of fun really. I should probably explain. People have been placing modules on the Gnosis as bookmarks, so I wanted to go one better with a ship. I thought a combat ship would make sense given the current situation in deep space. It's more just because I can than because I want to defend the ship, not that I don't like the ship.

Thematically I'll probably say it'd be on loan to you, given I may not want to fight against some of the things out there (not just the ones we know about). Of course, I should probably check if I'd lose my ship or not if your mega ship does move/get into trouble.

Originally Posted by Jorge Palu View Post (Source)
    If they are as powerful as the old Commodore 64 Elite Thargoids, then we are screwed... Well, until they are nerfed due to the salty cryfest that will ensue our ships going pop in the first couple of minutes after being pulled out of hyperspace.
    lol ^^ so very true.
    Another visitor, Stay a while. Stay Forever!

Originally Posted by andrak View Post (Source)
    Prefer to wait until after the initial thargoid nerf that will happen due to the incessant whining of the lowest common denominator skill level pilots who can't take out a thargoid warship in their unmodified sidewinder while having the game muted watching Netflix.
    ^^ *applaud* yeah, I can see it now. haha
    Another visitor, Stay a while. Stay Forever!

Originally Posted by Mrat View Post (Source)
    Is this an official response. Becuase that would suggest we can't side with the thargoids. That would almost certainly cause outrage for a lot of players. I myself wouldn't be happy with less choice. Let's hope Fdev do this right.
    They are going to be like the Xenomorphs in the Alen films. They don't want to talk, they don't want to cuddle, they just want our resources. They will wipe out all Human life in order to get those resources.

Originally Posted by Crash1099 View Post (Source)
    Not worried about them. Not going to fire on them. Let the bubble burn.
    Yep, that makes sense. I am sure the Thargoids will give you safe passage through the burning bubble in order to sell your data.

Originally Posted by salad View Post (Source)
    Best thing we can do is nothing, just keep living our lives normally, Thargoids are not a thread to our galaxy.

If we fight the Thargoids they win.

#ThargoidsWelcome
    Says who? I reckon there is nothing in this world that can survive a thousand stock sidewinders acting together. Ever heard of the Battle of Britain? We will be Churchill's few, acting in concert, together, humanity protecting its' own. We will sacrifice our ships, we will show our courage, our fortitude, we will spend our CREDITS to protect the bubble from the invaders, just to give doubters a bubble to come back to.

The Thargoids don't stand a bloody chance as long as there are more like me and less saying "meh".

Hibachi, saluting "The Few".
    "When I started, they told me I only needed three chords and the truth... It turned out I could manage with two and some vague ideas." Joe Strummer.

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    They are going to be like the Xenomorphs in the Alen films. They don't want to talk, they don't want to cuddle, they just want our resources. They will wipe out all Human life in order to get those resources.

Yep, that makes sense. I am sure the Thargoids will give you safe passage through the burning bubble in order to sell your data.

Says who? I reckon there is nothing in this world that can survive a thousand stock sidewinders acting together. Ever heard of the Battle of Britain? We will be Chirchill's few, acting in concert, together, humanity protecting its' own. We will sacrifice our ships, we will show our courage, our fortitude, we will spend our CREDITS to protect the bubble from the invaders, just to give doubters a bubble to come back to.

The Thargoids don't stand a bloody chance as long as there are more like me and less saying "meh".

Hibachi, saluting "The Few".
    Feels like very few people saw what happened to the feds. Fine, if it's all out war, hello colonia, goodbye bubble. I don't fight people with bigger guns, I'll just lose.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast