Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Message from GalCop: The time to start getting ready for Thargoid incursions is now.

Can't believe I spelt Churchill wrong! Fixed.
    "When I started, they told me I only needed three chords and the truth... It turned out I could manage with two and some vague ideas." Joe Strummer.

Bah. I'm getting bored. I'm going to spend the next few weeks finishing some engineering, then my fleet will exist on the front line only.

I'm in

We stand ready, and we will survive. We always do, against all odds. Commanders from across the galaxy will unite under the banner of human defense, a threat from otherworldly invaders will only strengthen existing bonds and create new ties of blood and brotherhood.

Gol Senz, Xenobiologist
    Mahon Supporter for over 100 weeks!

I've always wanted to see Orion...
    FOUNDER! (She was hiding in the ring system.)

Combat: Dangerous
    Trade: Tycoon
    Exploration: Elite (The old fashioned way)
    Federation: Lieutenant
    Empire: Viscount
    Mosquito: Mostly Annoying

Originally Posted by SafteyBot View Post (Source)
    >>> Organizations. Pilots may or may not currently be in some type of player organization. Now is the time to find one, so we can all face the aliens together. Organizations can vastly speed up dissemination of intel on threats, methods to combat them, and provide reliable wings to fight them in.
    Hopefully we'll see an old task force rise from the ashes back in the old elite.

I was just there last night and didn't see squat.

Our multicannons will block out the sun!

On a more serious note, I have a feeling I will simply run with weapons no matter what my current role may be xD

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    Can't believe I spelt Churchill wrong! Fixed.
    I am very disappointed.

Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)
    We stand ready, and we will survive. We always do, against all odds. Commanders from across the galaxy will unite under the banner of human defense, a threat from otherworldly invaders will only strengthen existing bonds and create new ties of blood and brotherhood.
    .. and galantly, they rode into the nearest Thargoid Invasion Zone [high].
    cmdr kofeyh | http://twitch.tv/kofeyh | "The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." – Citizen G'Kar

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    So long as what happens in the bubble, stays in the bubble, then Im cool. Not literally cos its a heatwave atm and winter is nowhere in sight...or something...

Ok ye so a little dark place in my psyche really does just wanna watch the bubble burn...it sorta deserves to burn tbh...I got a nice little planet about 30 kyls away to watch it from and a silo of popcorn fer the inevitable forum wars. Im more concerned about my decreasing store of niobium than I am about what happens there ^
    From a totally out of character perspective, we would be amazed and extremely impressed if FDev did burn the bubble down. I'm not saying we wouldn't complain a bit, but it would be a move that we could respect big time.
    The New Galactic Cooperative of Worlds. It's time to Rise. Eyes Open.

Originally Posted by Angrymog View Post (Source)
    From a totally out of character perspective, we would be amazed and extremely impressed if FDev did burn the bubble down.
    Here here.

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by Angrymog View Post (Source)
    From a totally out of character perspective, we would be amazed and extremely impressed if FDev did burn the bubble down. I'm not saying we wouldn't complain a bit, but it would be a move that we could respect big time.
    Like I said, what happens in the bubble stays in the bubble...the game played there aint my game so I really dont care what the thargoids do. Ill watch it on youtube in between nebulas and just sit this one out ^
    M8 who ye talking to?
    Nobody.
    So who am I talking to?
    Me.
    Wha....?

But FD has stated that engineereds ships will have no advantage when fighting thargoids...
    Although a fast ship is a fast ship, so I agree that Palin's work might be useful

Originally Posted by Trueno33 View Post (Source)
    But FD has stated that engineereds ships will have no advantage when fighting thargoids...
    Although a fast ship is a fast ship, so I agree that Palin's work might be useful
    They probably mean that you won't need special engineer only sig to fight them, but your ship will still be harder, better,faster, and stronger than if it weren't engineered. Plus you know, probably more fun especially with a drive upgrade.
    The New Galactic Cooperative of Worlds. It's time to Rise. Eyes Open.

So Thargoid incursions start, and humanity is put on the brink of annihilation..

What would happen then if the ED playerbase ignored them, and just carried on with Quince and Robigo? Is it likely that the Thargoids would take over the bubble, and there'd be consequence? Or.. regardless what us players do, systems will be protected by 'the game', and we'd all be safe anyway?

Just curious what would happen if we did just leave them 'to it'....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast