Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Message from GalCop: The time to start getting ready for Thargoid incursions is now.

Originally Posted by Angrymog View Post (Source)
    From a totally out of character perspective, we would be amazed and extremely impressed if FDev did burn the bubble down. I'm not saying we wouldn't complain a bit, but it would be a move that we could respect big time.
    If they do that, I hope we get a civilian evacuation announcement. They any commanders wanting to not fight have a head start to run in the opposite direction. Probably to colonia.

Originally Posted by Mrat View Post (Source)
    If they do that, I hope we get a civilian evacuation announcement. They any commanders wanting to not fight have a head start to run in the opposite direction. Probably to colonia.
    Yeah...Depending on how well we are doing at "countering the Thargoid threat"... The bubble should, over time, become a much smaller place... Forcing people to move out to the smaller more niche systems rather than all doing the Conga at Jameson Memorial.

Like i said though i fear that its going to be an invisible border of "Enter this region and Thargoids will dict you, leave this area no Thargoids exist".

The Thargoids obviously don't like the Feds, so lets just say best case scenario the Thargoids are ONLY HOSTILE to the Feds.. They should enter the bubble and burn down Fed space. Why would they in their huge technologically advanced state just chill in the middle of nowhere and put up with them.

Me thinks FD are going to have a very hard time making the Thargoids make sense without upsetting people who want a risk/alien free bubble...

Feels like very few people saw what happened to the feds. Fine, if it's all out war, hello colonia, goodbye bubble. I don't fight people with bigger guns, I'll just lose.
    Coward.

Originally Posted by Darth Ender View Post (Source)
    Coward.
    Yes, but I will live. At least I can roast your dead corpse for sustenance.

Originally Posted by Xious View Post (Source)
    Nah, I'm just gonna wait till the last minute... if it ever comes...
    Yeh... I'll wait for...
    - Youtube videos to tell me where the new weapons are, and how to grind for them.
    - FD emails telling me where the Thargoid systems are, and when they're available.
    - Galnet to tell me where the CGs are to go to the new CZs and Settlements...

ps: Please don't let it be like this!

Is this an official response. Becuase that would suggest we can't side with the thargoids. That would almost certainly cause outrage for a lot of players. I myself wouldn't be happy with less choice. Let's hope Fdev do this right.
    Victory in Europe during WW2 had to be proceeded by Dunkirk.
    AMD FX-8370 4.0GHz / 32 GB Ram / Titan X Pascal / ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z ROG / HTC Vive / Steam VR Rating: 20937
    Independent Trader - Curious Explorer - The least talented smuggler in the Galaxy.
    "Play the game. Don't game the play." - Any grind, is in your mind.
    CMDR Shadragon / CMDR Drain Bamaged / CMDR CuteLilBunny

Dont shoot the BumbleBees they are just farming to make honey. The wasps(Thargoids) we havent seen yet but they do like the BumbleBees honey so I think we need to work to protect the BumbleBees.
    http://files.enjin.com/1115404/SignatureGenerator/CustomBanners/DeltaSquadBanner15b-StevieG-650x150.png

DELTA SQUADRON
    Discord Voice Comms: http://discord.gg/tAUJv8x
    Website - WWW.DELTASQUAD.CO.UK/RECRUITMENT

Originally Posted by StevieG View Post (Source)
    Dont shoot the BumbleBees they are just farming to make honey. The wasps(Thargoids) we havent seen yet but they do like the BumbleBees honey so I think we need to work to protect the BumbleBees.
    If wasps are thargoids, who are the bumblebees?

If wasps are thargoids, who are the bumblebees?
    I'm sure Palin will confirm a name for them at some point in 2.4. They first appeared when the guardians update dropped so they may be the biological AI made by the guardians. The real Thargoids are yet to show their face.
    http://files.enjin.com/1115404/SignatureGenerator/CustomBanners/DeltaSquadBanner15b-StevieG-650x150.png

DELTA SQUADRON
    Discord Voice Comms: http://discord.gg/tAUJv8x
    Website - WWW.DELTASQUAD.CO.UK/RECRUITMENT

I have seen on these forums quite a bit of doubt. That we are fractured. That we are weak. That we don't understand these things lurking in the dark. Commanders openly stating that they will run from these things and hide in deserted backwaters praying to not be found. The doubters forget themselves....

We are human beings. We have spread our civilization across hundreds of stars. And we have a manifest destiny to bring the benefits of human civilization from one edge of this galaxy to the other. These filthy things, these things that are not us and can never aspire to our greatness can decide to coexist with us in peace. We can tolerate them....

However if they raise whatever disgusting appendage they may call a hand against us, if they wish to shed human blood then the answer we will have is simple. We will shatter their fleets. We shall cover their worlds in corpses, wreckage and fire. We will exterminate every last one of these wretched monstrosities. And when we are finished there will be nothing left in our way to stop us from building a better galaxy. A human galaxy. Where the race of man can live and prosper, free of the threat of alien filth infesting a galaxy that by right belongs to us and no one else. This galaxy is OURS.
    Strive for your next breath. Believe that with it you can do more than with the last one. Use your breath the power your capacities: capacity to kill, to maim, to destroy.
    [A man long dead, grafted to machines his builders did not understand.]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234