Thread: Is this a sign?

Arrow Is this a sign?

The Diamndback Scout is orange and grey. Hmm.

I decided to purchase one today. Its designation was VU-19D. Victor. Uniform. For those who don't know, back in my IL-2 days, that was my main callsign.

I've been using the DBS today, in a non-combat role. I know, mad right? Even dafter, I'm using it as a mining & salvage ship. Quite enjoyable, and the canopy is great for where I've been working.

Interestingly, I've chosen to mine ice rings. Which is also daft. LTD's are very rare, after all. But I feel I could happily spend days on end looking for them.

Armaments are light. The two small hard points are occupied by mining lasers. The mediums by pulse lasers.

Performance within a planet's sphere of influence is good, and the defensive options are good.

I'm liking it.

Member of DRX
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: Un1k0rn
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Gotta love that ship, I flew mine for months and months and months.
    ''Cyberspace is - or can be - a good, friendly and egalitarian place to meet.''
    Douglas Adams, 1 Dec 1993.

Originally Posted by BulletTrev View Post (Source)
    Gotta love that ship, I flew mine for months and months and months.
    Yeah. The cockpit is well placed for the manual scooping I do.

I'm seriously considering camping an ice ring & not leaving until I have 8t LTD's, or my fuel runs short.

Member of DRX
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

I remember trying to mine in one when I was new... Can't say I enjoyed myself, and I made peanuts. It was easy to scoop with, so that was literally the only positive for me lol.

Still one of my favorite combat ships, though.
    "Elite is a room full of legos. You can make fun with it, but there's no directions included. And if you try to just run through it, you're just going to end up cussing your head off as your feet are destroyed." --​ Ezren

I never really flew one not until well after i had an anaconda at which point made the DBS useless for me.

Recently though i have been engineering small ships and have been having fun with them so i might try it, besides i have a fair few imperial hammers to try out.

LTDs are rare unless your with me in my T9

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    Yeah. The cockpit is well placed for the manual scooping I do.

I'm seriously considering camping an ice ring & not leaving until I have 8t LTD's, or my fuel runs short.
    Ping me if your hold gets full and you find yourself in need of a LTD courier service. No need to trek all the way back to the station yourself.
    mostly harmless

mostly

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Ping me if your hold gets full and you find yourself in need of a LTD courier service. No need to trek all the way back to the station yourself.
    It's a trap!

I mounted turrets even though they're pointless because they look kewl.

Member of DRX

Originally Posted by Docjas18 View Post (Source)
    It's a trap!
    Nah man %100 legits
    mostly harmless

mostly

Originally Posted by mung0 View Post (Source)
    Nah man %100 legits
    But is it MLG?

Member of DRX