Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FD thank you for the fix!

FD thank you for the fix!

The forums are so incredible negative lately so I will try to brake the trend with small THANK YOU to the dev team:
    I wasn't playing for a few days but today I noticed that the dark sides of planets are actually dark! No longer I see stupid brightening effect that pops up. Bug? I hope not. I really hope its a design decision. Planets look much better from orbit, you have to actually look at your hud when landing, I love it. Small thing but for me it improved the experience.

Are they dark now? that´s great if that´s the case!

Originally Posted by han View Post (Source)
    Are they dark now? that´s great if that´s the case!
    The few moons that I use to land on are realistic dark now so... I do hope its a legit fix.

Lighting up seems to still be occurring for me, but I have seen some darker worlds since the patch too. Normally once you get close the 'man in the moon' turns on the lights. So I would say its definitely better but not as dark as I would like personally.

Ahhh....good to see they're focusing on the important​ things.

I'd like to thank FD for something that was very controversial. Telepresence. Now I know it breaks immersion and requires some "hand wavium" to accept it in the Elite universe but giving us the ability to jump ,not only into our fighters, but into other people's ships aswell was the right choice for gameplay.

I recently took a long distance passenger mission past Sag A and I was able to break up the monotony of traversing the Galaxy with some multicrew action. I was glad for that. Thanks FD! (With that being said, hopefully most of their future implementations of features won't break the rules of their own universe)

Originally Posted by Vasea Azure View Post (Source)
    The forums are so incredible negative lately so I will try to brake the trend with small THANK YOU to the dev team:
    I wasn't playing for a few days but today I noticed that the dark sides of planets are actually dark! No longer I see stupid brightening effect that pops up. Bug? I hope not. I really hope its a design decision. Planets look much better from orbit, you have to actually look at your hud when landing, I love it. Small thing but for me it improved the experience.

I doubt this is a fix. I've seen the dark side staying dark occasionally but not as a rule.

I've seen genuinely dark planets every time I've landed and actually stayed on a surface during sunset. Need to time it nicely. Or even better - an eclipse. Now, that is a real treat I'm telling you

It's only proper dark during an eclipse, they haven't fixed it yet.

Yeah, someone keeps turning on the lights for me when I drop out of supercruise. It's not fixed.

Oh so there was an update? I thought the dark sides of Planets seemed darker.
    I couldn't see anything in a deep Canyon, had to rely completely on HUD and almost crashed pretty hard into a raised mound as my Headlights only picked it up at the last second!

Wouldn't have been happy if I had crashed seeing as I'm around 10kLY out on my way to Sag A with quite a lot of Systems scanned.

It's not fixed. It's been an issue for more than a year and continues to be. I'm pretty sure it's intentional from a conversation that I had with a dev in one of the previous beta forums.

The only time plamets were properly dark dark was when Horizons was in beta. Back then you actually NEEDED the headlights on your SRV if you wanted to drive on the dark side of the rock you were on. I haven't turned on my headlights since that beta and it feels bad to me. I made a thread about it in February of last year. True darkness was absolutely amazing. I can't remember the reason they gave but I can try to find the post if anyone is interested. It was fairly unsatisfying as I recall.

Isnt it related to the skybox being so bright? Im sure thats what i heard a while back.

Originally Posted by Vasea Azure View Post (Source)
    While we're at it, I'd like to point out that I haven't experienced insta-failed missions in ages. This was to me the most annoying bug of all.

I don't know what bug you are talking about however. To me, the fact that the dark side of the planets would brighten up on approach was a feature. Some kind of visibility enhancer implemented into the canopy, like today's IR-Vision. I find this to be cool (and convenient to find a landing spot) and hope it won't get "fixed".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast