Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just left for a circumnavigation

Just left for a circumnavigation

Wish me luck! Any tips? I will take LYR bonus for when I come back... Cause why not! Flying using this baby.

There was a certain bookmark I wanted to reach around the yellow circle, hence why I didn't go down in the outer arm right away. Heading west right now to the Angustia region and then I'll follow the outer arm north up until... I dunno, we'll see. I'll go at Beagle Point for sure too!

Edit 1: sorry for the tiny picture lol... (right click and open in new tab if you wish)
    Blue circle, bubble
    Orange circle, we got a client that was only about 2000ly from my location, so I went there
    Purple circle, Bubble Nebula
    Yellow circle, some old bookmark I had there with a few terraformable HMC and WW (thanks multicrew!)

Also the reason I went back on track after the rescue was to scan the WW/ELW/Gas Type II that I skipped on the way.

Edit: latest map as of 2017/07/06 http://puu.sh/wDjhl/dcfe03f2a7.png

Good luck CMDR, it may be a different galaxy when you return.
    "When I started, they told me I only needed three chords and the truth... It turned out I could manage with two and some vague ideas." Joe Strummer.

Yes listen to lots of Podcasts!

o7

Originally Posted by Sonof Hibachi View Post (Source)
    Good luck CMDR, it may be a different galaxy when you return.
    It probably will... I hope if I see a thargoid along the way, he/she/they/it will simply need fuel...!

Yea, get your head looked at! All tounge and cheek aside, GOOD LUCK CMDR. o7

Right on CMDR...thought of doing this before but never did it myself....good luck and keep us posted.

Have fun and fly safe.
    CMDR Cruento Mucrone - somewhere out there in my Cobra Silence Unbounded, Python (Unapologetic) Lifer For Rock And Roll​ or Clipper Anar Kaluva Tielyanna ...

After having visited the Zurara, I'm on that trip myself, but instead of following the western edge of the Outer Arm, I'm now going up alog the 30,000 ly line.

But since you're a Rat, I'll expect you'll pass me long before I reach BP.
    If I'm bigger than you, then I'm in charge.
    If you are bigger than me, then you're in charge.
    If anything goes wrong, then he's in charge.
    -- credo of the orc marines

Good luck CMDR. Have fun and fly safe.

CMIV

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    After having visited the Zurara, I'm on that trip myself, but instead of following the western edge of the Outer Arm, I'm now going up alog the 30,000 ly line.

But since you're a Rat, I'll expect you'll pass me long before I reach BP.
    I'll add you in game later today!

Originally Posted by CMDR Sapporo View Post (Source)
    I'll add you in game later today!
    I'd be honoured. CMDR name is the same as on the forum, I usually fly in Fleetcomm when out there (not that that matters much - nobody there anyway).
    If I'm bigger than you, then I'm in charge.
    If you are bigger than me, then you're in charge.
    If anything goes wrong, then he's in charge.
    -- credo of the orc marines

Farewell. I remember saying this as well once. I turned back after 25000 ly. Turned out that's nothing for me (yet).
    Zorgon Peterson Foxtrot Romeo India over o7

My Explorer Profile on EDSM

A circumnavigation is too hardcore for me; I flew from Sol (well not exactly Sol, I don't have a Sol permit) to Beagle Point, then to Colonia bubble, and it took me over 9 months. I was scanning a lot of planets though. How much do you plan on surface scanning planets on the way, or are you planning on mainly honking and jumping (and maybe saving the surface scanner for something cool)?

i wanna try one in a sidey.. because i am maso and havent gotten a beating in ages.
    or something..
    maybe i should get that sidey engineered tho..

or just get a better ship.

yeah...

well we will see

Welcome to the club of commanders trying to do their first circunnavegation (currently in my 2 and a half month).

Tips? Patience is a skill.
    you owe me my rebuy because when you combat log my missiles pass through you and hit the station which destroy me instant.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast