Thread: Thinking of defecting from ALD to Aisling long enough for Prismatic Shields

Thinking of defecting from ALD to Aisling long enough for Prismatic Shields

Guys,

I've been in ALD for my whole PowerPlay career, but am thinking of defecting to Aisling long enough the get access to Prismatic Shields.

Here's what I understand about the consequenses I'll have to endure:
    * If I defect while at rank 5 in ALD, I'll be hunted for 28 days by ALD NPCs.
    * I'll enter Aisling at rank 4 and have to be at least rank 2 for on the 4th cycle to get access to the Prismatic Shields.
    * When I finally leave Aisling, I'll be hunted by her crew for up to another 28 days.
    * I'll be able to join ALD again immediately and will get in at grade 4 if I was grade 5 with Aisling.

Did I get anything wrong or leave anything out here?

Side questions:
    * Do I have to be at rank 5 in ALD to get in at rank 4 in Aisling or could I just be at rank 1 in ALD when I leave?
    * While being pledged to Aisling, I'm assuming that I'll just get hunted by NPCs but will still be able to land in ALD stations if I get past the NPCs. Is this correct?
    * I assume I'll still be able to transfer modules and ships from an ALD station while I'm with Aisling. Is this correct?

I hope this post is not too complex. Please try to be clear as to what part(s) of it you're answering.

Thanks

Playing Elite on PC, Mac and XBox One

Oops

Removed a confusing post which was supposed to be separate.

From my experience not much is going to change. You'll get a little hostile tag for a while, won't affect stations, as they are not power owned. Enforcers or whatever might take notice of you here and there, but I can't recall that I ever was harried by them. And I'm a serial PP jumper with absolutely no loyalty to anybody.

Push the button, OP.

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Darn. How's I get my second separate mining post stuck in my PowerPlay post! Sorry for the added confusion guys!

Please continue commenting on this PowerPlay thread. Thanks

Simple question semi-related to OP...

Can you join a faction long enough to get your reward, then join someone else and keep said reward forever on your ship?

Originally Posted by Trekari View Post (Source)

Can you join a faction long enough to get your reward, then join someone else and keep said reward forever on your ship?
    I do know that the answer is yes to this. A followup answer to that is that once you leave the power, you will not be able to buy more and if you sell the reward components you will not be able to buy them again without joining again.

For example, once I'm in Aisling and have access to the prismatic shields, I intend to buy one of each size I will need. I haven't yet decided what those sizes will be.

Originally Posted by Trekari View Post (Source)

If you buy the reward module, then it will always be on your ship. However, if you sell it and leave the station, you will not be able to purchase it back (you might not be able to purchase it back if you sell it before leaving the station as well, since I never tried) and cannot purchase the weapon again until you rejoin and satisfy the requirements again.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    Guys,

I've been in ALD for my whole PowerPlay career, but am thinking of defecting to Aisling long enough the get access to Prismatic Shields.

Here's what I understand about the consequenses I'll have to endure:
    * If I defect while at rank 5 in ALD, I'll be hunted for 28 days by ALD NPCs.
    * I'll enter Aisling at rank 4 and have to be at least rank 2 for on the 4th cycle to get access to the Prismatic Shields.
    * When I finally leave Aisling, I'll be hunted by her crew for up to another 28 days.
    * I'll be able to join ALD again immediately and will get in at grade 4 if I was grade 5 with Aisling.

Did I get anything wrong or leave anything out here?

Side questions:
    * Do I have to be at rank 5 in ALD to get in at rank 4 in Aisling or could I just be at rank 1 in ALD when I leave?
    * While being pledged to Aisling, I'm assuming that I'll just get hunted by NPCs but will still be able to land in ALD stations if I get past the NPCs. Is this correct?
    * I assume I'll still be able to transfer modules and ships from an ALD station while I'm with Aisling. Is this correct?

I hope this post is not too complex. Please try to be clear as to what part(s) of it you're answering.

Thanks
    To answer your first set of bullet points:
    1. It will indicate the period of time you will be hunted if you defect in the power play menu, each progressive rank increases that period of time
    2. Yes, for minimum of three weeks I believe (so at the start of the fourth cycle
    3. Probably not much more frequent than you are already attacked by enemy powerplay factions
    4. I don't believe so, as you will lose rank defecting to a new faction you will lose rank same if you were to thereafter defect to the original faction from the new faction. Respectively, I believe it's one rank level drop compared to your current level. So by example, dropping from Rank 5 to Rank 4 ALD to Aisling, if you were to remain at Rank 4, you would drop to Rank 3, you would not get your original ranking back at the time of defecting.

Second set of bullet points:
    1. If you do not defect, and simply leave your current power play faction, you can join a new faction and you will start at Rank 1, but will not be hunted down for any period of time by your former faction since you didn't defect
    2. Yes, and the hunting by the former faction has nothing to do with the security forces at any of the stations so security will not attack you for defecting
    3. Absolutely. You will keep all faction specific modules from your prior faction so long as you do not sell them, which includes storing them and then recalling the stored modules at any other station.

Hope this helps.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________