Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIF Farming Guide

CIF Farming Guide

By deZpes from Reddit(Now ver 2.2)

Thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...un_version_21/
    If you don't like Reddit, Spreadsheet & Guide here : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1592966299

Just did my 1st ever settlement scan(from above guide,first location) and got 3 CIFs

I've tried for the first time scanning one of those landings. I'm at Liadein since I wasn't able to land at Mbukuravi. I just can't climb up the wall with my SRV. How do you do this? I have full pips to eng and still the power is not enough.

If you check the missions everywhere you go, you will find CIF as rewards.

I've picked up 9 in the last few days just doing business as usual but scrolling through missions. Just got 2 as an assassination reward.

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    I've tried for the first time scanning one of those landings. I'm at Liadein since I wasn't able to land at Mbukuravi. I just can't climb up the wall with my SRV. How do you do this? I have full pips to eng and still the power is not enough.
    You might need to take a "running jump" at the wall/incline try to hit near the top, especially if your on a high G world. Sometimes you can scan from the bottom if you're within range. Takes practice

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    On the L1M map, go towards the wall where you have to climb, and jump, then angle so you land on the slope, then just go up. Or stay back and speed towards it and jump(I made it on 3rd go) to hit the top.

Originally Posted by rrobes View Post (Source)
    If you check the missions everywhere you go, you will find CIF as rewards.

I've picked up 9 in the last few days just doing business as usual but scrolling through missions. Just got 2 as an assassination reward.
    Cheers for that, yes I read that somewhere but I do like the take offs/landings and scannings

Here's a nice little list I found . . .

Have they recently put daily quotas on CIF ? My 2 day results are very suspicious !!!

Each settlement results comma separated :
    Yesterday : 3,3,0,3,0,0,0,0,0(I stopped)
    Today : 6,0,0,0,0,0,0(Stopping now)

ITs hilarous. CIF's are 3 grade and are much more hard to find than grade 5 materials.
    Maybe Fdev should consider to tweak it a bit?\

I would be glad if someone will look into it: from a full to a half an hour i observed CIF's are dropping more often than from a half to full hour.

I also noticed different drop on different hours. maybe its worth to consider.

I got 1 cif on 1 of 13 stations i got CIF... strange a bit for a probability > 0.5...

Originally Posted by Kyokushin View Post (Source)
    I got 1 cif on 1 of 13 stations i got CIF... strange a bit for a probability > 0.5...
    I'm logging in to do another 6 or 7,will post results later...

Have someone check a dependency of when a planet have day or night. Maybe its coincidence, but whey on planet was day i got cifs' , on night i am getting mef's.

Maybe we should create a ticket - it seems to be wrong with some rng droprate factor in code. May colleagues are confirming the same (we are doing cif's in few people at now).

Ok, now totally confused
    Results(starting with settlement #20)
    3CIF(day)
    3CIF 3MEF(day)
    3CIF 3MEF(Night)
    6CIF(Day)
    3MEF(Night)

So 24 items just today, RNG gods are with me

i am doing today from base nr 4 to 29 and got 18 cif's it means 6 drops per 25 bases, it means 0,5 drop per base, and 0.72 cif per base.
    I am doing it about 5 hours so it means one drop per hour - 3 cif's per hour.

In meantime i got almost 50 mef's. Something is wrong with a CIF droprate. Its a 3 grade for a God sake. Mef's are 5.

Divergent data scan is 4 grade and i got over 100 of it.

OK, i did the entire path today, 67 bases. It took me 16 hours. I got 78 CIF's on it, 150 MEF's, and around 200 divergents.
    Its around 4-5 CIF per hour. 14 minutes per base.

Chance to get a mef is over two times higher. I think what i did is a probability good sample.

i raised a ticket:
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...69#post5647769

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast