Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 997

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: The Playstation 4 Screenshots thread

  1. #76
    Could someone fairly knowledgeable about this perhaps clearly explain the process by which PS4 players can take and then upload screenshots. Videos too if that's possible.

    I'm actually a PC player but I want to write some instructions on the process in another thread.

    Thanks in advance and much appreciated.

    o7

  2. #77
    Originally Posted by Jammie1789 View Post (Source)
    (Ignore the noob capture of the capture icon...)
    Just finished visiting the black hole at Maia in my trusty Type-6.

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDgiSSNXsAAIccz.jpg:large
    btw: you can switch off the on screen symbol when taking a screenshot. That avoids taking a screenshot with the symbol, when you take several screenshots in short succession. I think you can find it under (Settings) > [Notifications].

    And I would recommend to set the Share-Button mode to "Easy screenshot" -> on short press to take a screen.

    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Could someone fairly knowledgeable about this perhaps clearly explain the process by which PS4 players can take and then upload screenshots. Videos too if that's possible.

    I'm actually a PC player but I want to write some instructions on the process in another thread.

    Thanks in advance and much appreciated.

    o7
    Actually, the PS4 manual is pretty clear about that. Have a look here (and the other sub-menus for share on the left side): http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...out_share.html
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...creenshot.html

  3. #78
    Originally Posted by Nerix View Post (Source)
    btw: you can switch off the on screen symbol when taking a screenshot. That avoids taking a screenshot with the symbol, when you take several screenshots in short succession. I think you can find it under (Settings) > [Notifications].

    And I would recommend to set the Share-Button mode to "Easy screenshot" -> on short press to take a screen.


    Actually, the PS4 manual is pretty clear about that. Have a look here (and the other sub-menus for share on the left side): http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...out_share.html
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...creenshot.html
    Cool, thanks. So you just press and hold the Share button to take a quick screenshot? Where does that then go (e.g. if someone wanted to find that screenshot and share it here on the forum, or in an email, how would they go about that?). Really appreciate the help here, for reference I wanted to add the information over here ...

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-PS4-community

  4. #79
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Cool, thanks. So you just press and hold the Share button to take a quick screenshot? Where does that then go (e.g. if someone wanted to find that screenshot and share it here on the forum, or in an email, how would they go about that?). Really appreciate the help here, for reference I wanted to add the information over here ...

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-PS4-community
    Yes, the preset is to hold the Share button, then the screenshot is saved (though I would recommend to remap the Share-button functionality to "Easy Screenshot", so that you just have to press it short: http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...arebutton.html), and to deactivate the screen symbol, see my post above.

    Uploading/Sharing
    The screenshot is saved in the capture gallery, you can access it from the main menu of the PS4 (see secon link from above). From there you can upload it to Twitter, export it to USB, post it in your actitivies or send it via a PSN message. So the common thing to do would be to upload it to twitter and then use this as a file host, or to export it via USB to your PC (I am too lazy to do that, but the quality woulde be better, as Twitter compresses the pictures). As an example my account: https://twitter.com/gamenthusiast.

    Setting screenshot quality:
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...creenshot.html
    I would recommend to set the file format to .png (instead of jpg). Increases the quality quite a lot. If you have a PS4 Pro, you can choose between 1080p and 4k resolution (but 4k png is really large, like 10MB per picture, so I would recommend to stick with 1080p).

  5. #80
    Originally Posted by Nerix View Post (Source)
    Yes, the preset is to hold the Share button, then the screenshot is saved (though I would recommend to remap the Share-button functionality to "Easy Screenshot", so that you just have to press it short: http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...arebutton.html), and to deactivate the screen symbol, see my post above.

    Uploading/Sharing
    The screenshot is saved in the capture gallery, you can access it from the main menu of the PS4 (see secon link from above). From there you can upload it to Twitter, export it to USB, post it in your actitivies or send it via a PSN message. So the common thing to do would be to upload it to twitter and then use this as a file host, or to export it via USB to your PC (I am too lazy to do that, but the quality woulde be better, as Twitter compresses the pictures). As an example my account: https://twitter.com/gamenthusiast.

    Setting screenshot quality:
    http://manuals.playstation.net/docum...creenshot.html
    I would recommend to set the file format to .png (instead of jpg). Increases the quality quite a lot. If you have a PS4 Pro, you can choose between 1080p and 4k resolution (but 4k png is really large, like 10MB per picture, so I would recommend to stick with 1080p).
    Brilliant! Thanks very much. Rather than re-write all of that I've just referenced your post from my racing thread.

    o7

  6. #81
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Brilliant! Thanks very much. Rather than re-write all of that I've just referenced your post from my racing thread.

    o7
    You're welcome, glad that I could help

  7. #82

  8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #83
    Originally Posted by NVranya View Post (Source)
    I've only seen somewhat basic dull stations, nothing like this, looks great!
    Is this some faction "capital" or something?
    They can change depending on the major economy of the station; the ones with the parks and statues etc. are Tourism stations. My favourite is the Refinery type, although the Asteroid bases are also good for photographs.

  9. #84
    Neutron star at LHS 6309


    Signs of life?

  10. #85

  11. #86
    Just taking my Dolphin 'Aldrin's Excursions' out for a spin.



  12. #87
    Sorry, no fancy space shots from me yet. I'm still in the hangar. I might stay here, it's scary out there! Also my space ship is nice and shiny and I don't want to get it scratched.



  13. #88

  14. #89
    Buckyball is officially in the lore!!! Zoom in and you'll see it. Isn't Buckyball racing a player created group / event? If so, that's awesome


  15. #90
    Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Buckyball is officially in the lore!!! Zoom in and you'll see it. Isn't Buckyball racing a player created group / event? If so, that's awesome

    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDmL3R8WAAA1IeT.jpg:large
    Nicely spottted and yes, we are indeed. In fact, just this very morning I posted this ..

    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-PS4-community

    My own NPC co-pilot claims to have taken part in the "Mischief Mile" which was another of our races from a year or so back.

    We actually have a home system .... Fullerene C60 (google that to see why) and a home station in that system called "Rebuy Prospect". If you fly there you'll discover that we sell a rather special "rare" commodity!

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567811 ... LastLast