Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blockade of Procyon

Originally Posted by Tarman View Post (Source)
    Enough people will require that access to eventually undo whatever action gets taken here unless this turns into a crusade. All the real scrapping would be based around the access and who's doing what to get/kill that access though, not so much the storyline.
    Exactly and I'm not asking to do bgs. I'm asking for storyline. Pvp. Just stuff. Any negative actions we take against Sirius apply only to a single system. They own more than one, thus I'm not barring anyone from content. Even though I disagree with everything that is engineers. I think engineers was a horrible failure. Good concept bad execution. But that's just me

Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    Exactly and I'm not asking to do bgs. I'm asking for storyline. Pvp. Just stuff. Any negative actions we take against Sirius apply only to a single system. They own more than one, thus I'm not barring anyone from content. Even though I disagree with everything that is engineers. I think engineers was a horrible failure. Good concept bad execution. But that's just me
    If you're looking to actually affect this area, you're going to NEED to work the BGS. PVP is by far the least useful tool in the war chest insofar as affecting any type of system status.

"Oh seven, Commander." o7

Originally Posted by Tarman View Post (Source)
    If you're looking to actually affect this area, you're going to NEED to work the BGS. PVP is by far the least useful tool in the war chest insofar as affecting any type of system status.
    By UA bombing and Sec killing, OP is suggesting it.

CMDR VIN DELANOS
    CEO, Delanos Logistics Group
    Mercenary, war-profiteer, all around sweet guy.

Originally Posted by vindelanos View Post (Source)
    ... Sec killing, OP is suggesting it.
    sounds like my sort of work

if my main faction rank for Feds get all the way down to hostile, what happens?
    just wonder as i'm living in a fed lead system

Added: not fond of the UA bombarding idea... always seen that as a mistake by FDev, a legit griefing tool

I'm bitter because etc
    I am in this for the storyline. etc I have half a mind just to go do the bgs on purpose so that no one can get the stupid permit. etc
    You sound just like the Mad Bomber.

"Post-hoc justification" means that you want to do a thing and you are inventing reasons. You should hear Ollobrain's moveable feast of reasons to UA bomb in-game memorials to much loved actresses.

Sirius Inc expand because people support them for the Engineer. SIrius Inc has these guys as caretakers: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ng-on-the-edge!
    And if anyone wants to oppose this nonsense of Histarium's then you can get in touch on their Discord: https://discord.gg/Hbf9nRu
    Their INARA page has a low wing number in the venerable and still going class of Player Groups. And there's also the Sirius Poweplay Group that are different, but they too might have something to say about your proposal.

The team I play for has no dog in this fight - go for it, as you will. Fine. Whatever.

But if you are not a representative of a group with some credibility there is no come back is there?

You can attack with impunity.

When you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.

And you know what?
    Sirius Inc is NOT a big organisation. Half a dozen expansions when you have an engineer is really not a lot for a Player Group that's been going a long time. What has in fact happened is that the Feds keep them on a tight leash. They've been allowed to expand to a few places so that the Permit is easier to get, but if you go messing around down in the Sirius / Fed hinterlands. . . I dunno, maybe no one will notice your efforts, But if they do, then they'll be pretty interested in exactly who you are, who you represent, and where you are located.

But you don't have any of that stuff. You are wandering terrorists looking for targets. No master, no goal, no home.

Ollobrains too is a persona non grata. An exile. Just about any comment he makes on Reddit gets downvoted out of sight. If it's a path you want to take - go for it, I won't be opposing nor helping you.

Just don't expect kudos and friendship when you shut down Qwent and the path to Palin:

Assistant Cultural Attaché for G 14-6
    Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps - Data Entry Clerk Second Class
    Alliance Office of Statistics - Kitchen Staff Supervisor

-[--->+<]>--.[--->+<]>--.---.[++>---<]>--.++[->+++<]>.+++++++++.+++.[-->+++++<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.---.--[--->+<]>-.[->++<]>+.[--->+<]>+..---.--------.+++++++++++++.-----------.++.--[--->+<]>.

Guys, please do not confuse Sirius Inc with Sirius Corp. We're a completely separate faction

Originally Posted by MYGUTFEELING View Post (Source)
    Guys, please do not confuse Sirius Inc with Sirius Corp. We're a completely separate faction
    You're all two Sirius.

>_____>

"Oh seven, Commander." o7

Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    You sound just like the Mad Bomber.

"Post-hoc justification" means that you want to do a thing and you are inventing reasons. You should hear Ollobrain's moveable feast of reasons to UA bomb in-game memorials to much loved actresses.

Sirius Inc expand because people support them for the Engineer. SIrius Inc has these guys as caretakers: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...ng-on-the-edge!
    And if anyone wants to oppose this nonsense of Histarium's then you can get in touch on their Discord: https://discord.gg/Hbf9nRu
    Their INARA page has a low wing number in the venerable and still going class of Player Groups. And there's also the Sirius Poweplay Group that are different, but they too might have something to say about your proposal.

The team I play for has no dog in this fight - go for it, as you will. Fine. Whatever.

But if you are not a representative of a group with some credibility there is no come back is there?

You can attack with impunity.

When you've got nothing, you've got nothing to lose.

And you know what?
    Sirius Inc is NOT a big organisation. Half a dozen expansions when you have an engineer is really not a lot for a Player Group that's been going a long time. What has in fact happened is that the Feds keep them on a tight leash. They've been allowed to expand to a few places so that the Permit is easier to get, but if you go messing around down in the Sirius / Fed hinterlands. . . I dunno, maybe no one will notice your efforts, But if they do, then they'll be pretty interested in exactly who you are, who you represent, and where you are located.

But you don't have any of that stuff. You are wandering terrorists looking for targets. No master, no goal, no home.

Ollobrains too is a persona non grata. An exile. Just about any comment he makes on Reddit gets downvoted out of sight. If it's a path you want to take - go for it, I won't be opposing nor helping you.

Just don't expect kudos and friendship when you shut down Qwent and the path to Palin:

https://inara.cz/data/gallery/22/22229x8263.jpg
    DNA-Decay, I appreciate your words but Sirius Inc is not Sirius Corp. Sirius Inc is a different, independent faction. Our HQ system, San, is 200ly from Sirius. In fact, the description of San reads:

Headquarters of SIRIUS INC, a mercurial organization on the rim of human-occupied space. This fledgling democracy has recently gained independence after years of benign neglect by their parent corporation. The people of San feel a strong affinity with their "corporate founders", and preserve the trappings of corporate governance (including corporate name, titles, and other IP). The parent corporation has yet to comment on this rather egregious trademark infringement.

People mistake us with Sirius Corp from time to time and do missions for us, hoping to unlock the engineer, but I can assure you the current size of our faction is the result of the precise and hard work of our members, not the result of randoms trying to get to allied with us.

We are in good terms with Sirius Corp and the Sirius players, but we are independent and not obligated to help Sirius Corp, even if we've done so in the past. We're currently discussing our stance on this matter.

With this said, I think the OP is delusional, and reminds me of someone that wanted to "advance the alien storyline"...

-CMDR Sali Vader // Join SINC today! // Discord

Well... considering there are some fairly big player groups in that area.....Hutton, EDF, contrail etc etc I'd be surprised if they did'nt take a wary interest in what you're upto.

But a blockade you say..... a blockade...

Sounds like a challenge to the best blockade runner in the business, and oddly, hes found some more lvl 5 materials for a trip to Palin for more engine tuning

Bill

<<<lives in open... and will die in open.......but only if you can catch him first

Last I checked, Sirius Corp didn't even control Sirius anymore - except to give out permits. The Truckers took it a while ago.
    That said, if you must blockade Sirius Cybernetics Corp, then you should include Qwent Research Base too.
    Cmdr Shivvy
    Pilots' Federation Academy, Class of '84
    More of my posts can be found at Facebook, Google+,Mastodon, Tumblr, Twitter, and Wordpress

Originally Posted by SaliVader View Post (Source)
    DNA-Decay, I appreciate your words but Sirius Inc is not Sirius Corp. Sirius Inc is a different, independent faction. Our HQ system, San, is 200ly from Sirius. In fact, the description of San reads:

People mistake us with Sirius Corp from time to time and do missions for us, hoping to unlock the engineer, but I can assure you the current size of our faction is the result of the precise and hard work of our members, not the result of randoms trying to get to allied with us.

We are in good terms with Sirius Corp and the Sirius players, but we are independent and not obligated to help Sirius Corp, even if we've done so in the past. We're currently discussing our stance on this matter.

With this said, I think the OP is delusional, and reminds me of someone that wanted to "advance the alien storyline"...
    Well once again I stand corrected.
    Thanks for that SaliVader - I suspect I am not the only one confused by the proliferation of Sirius Inc and Sirius Gov and Sirius Corp and LeRoy Rui. Word from the horses mouth much appreciated.

Re: Truckers and [CNTRL]
    This is a heavily contested area. When I was getting my Sirius permit, I got in and found that Sirius Corp was about to cede control of their last surface port in Sirius to some Fed faction. The Sirius Inc crew swung into action and sorted that out. Hence my assumption that Sirius Inc was looking after Sirius Corp. That was a few months back. And I've moved on so maybe the truckers are ruling now. I ran into FLAVSTER from [CTRL] back then who swapped me Modular Terminals for missions. Muchos gracias.

There is a potential here for some "asymmetrical warfare".
    A small group with ruthless methods upsetting the apple cart for a much used minor faction that sits at an intersection of at least three Player Groups interests.

Assistant Cultural Attaché for G 14-6
    Alliance Elite Diplomatic Corps - Data Entry Clerk Second Class
    Alliance Office of Statistics - Kitchen Staff Supervisor

-[--->+<]>--.[--->+<]>--.---.[++>---<]>--.++[->+++<]>.+++++++++.+++.[-->+++++<]>+++.---[->++++<]>.------------.---.--[--->+<]>-.[->++<]>+.[--->+<]>+..---.--------.+++++++++++++.-----------.++.--[--->+<]>.

Originally Posted by EddyRockSteady View Post (Source)
    I'll hop in Solo and tank those stations with UA's for sure

Where's my Asp........

Oh yes, for CMDRs wanting to harvest quick UA's, best and quickest is the wreckage planetside at the alien ship site. UA's lying scattered about ready for quick harvesting.

No! You cannot use 'tanking' in the financial sense on a gaming forum! That will cause a cosmic contradiction that could tear apart the very fabric of the interwebs. How can you simultaneously buff up a station with huge amounts of armour, potions and hit-points at the same time as making it crash?

The financial world needs to*go away* and stop using the word 'tank'. We used it first and they are using it wrong.

Wait, I'm confused about the OP. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

Originally Posted by metascrawl View Post (Source)
    Wait, I'm confused about the OP. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?
    I think the politician has been playing both sides.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast