Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blockade of Procyon

Originally Posted by Colonial Air Force View Post (Source)
    I think the politician has been playing both sides.
    Just bringing balance to the force, I guess.

I dunno, getting Qwent was already a serious pita, lets not make it even more annoying for those who still need to get allied with sirius.

Originally Posted by Blaize Meduenin View Post (Source)
    no offence but you should target a different faction. Sirius corp is tied with an engineer and people need to get allied faction with them to get access to it.
    Agreed, access to Marco Qwent (and subsequently Palin) can only be gained by alliance with Sirius. A different faction would probably have less effect on CMDR's gaining access to this engineer.

Wow. I really hope no one does this and I will be doing my part to mitigate it. I'm still working on the permit so a blockade would make me salty.

Good luck with your emergent play, OP. It looks like you're in for an uphill battle. I hope it adds some fun to your game.

For those getting upset about a blockade of the chosen system, it's not the most useful system to use for Sirius Corp rep. The nearest orbital is over 11k ls from the secondary star. There are no RES in the system. I'm not aware of a Compromised Nav beacon there either. Maybe there is one, but 11k ls supercruise per trip? Not particularly efficient.

Originally Posted by MottiKhan View Post (Source)
    Good luck with your emergent play, OP. It looks like you're in for an uphill battle. I hope it adds some fun to your game.

For those getting upset about a blockade of the chosen system, it's not the most useful system to use for Sirius Corp rep. The nearest orbital is over 11k ls from the secondary star. There are no RES in the system. I'm not aware of a Compromised Nav beacon there either. Maybe there is one, but 11k ls supercruise per trip? Not particularly efficient.
    But gives you plenty of time to read forum posts

Again I'm really confused as to people being upset about this because of a permit. If that's all you need I will gladly give you better systems than procyon to farm your rep. Luytens star comes to mind.

Originally Posted by subhouse07 View Post (Source)
    This whole thread:
    https://youtu.be/BKorP55Aqvg
    This is funny. I do indeed feel like that guy in this thread.

All Im asking is to cause a little bit of a stir in a system unrelated to BGS, and everyone flips their gaskets about needing Sirius Permits. >_< I get that actions in and around THAT system will affect the system, but not the faction as a whole. There is really a bunch of other systems you can farm rep in that Im not asking to mess with. Im even getting down voted on reddit for suggesting this. Its non-sense really.

https://eddb.io/faction/6707 Seriously, look at all these systems you could go to, to farm rep. >_>

Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    I'm bitter because I'm trying to create a story and this permit is the one reason most people won't rp against Sirius Corporation despite the heavy hints that they are pretty evil by frontier. I'm not a bgs person, I'm not here to grief you out of content. People only get upset or oppose me because Palin. It's dumb. Like. I'm in no way threatening your ability to get the permit here. Just pick any of the other 20 some stations Sirius Corp owns. Hell just don't pick Cormac hub...
    Go outside for a while... Jesus. I give the same amount of [REDACTED] about your cringe RP than you do about people needing access to engineers.

Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    This is funny. I do indeed feel like that guy in this thread.

All Im asking is to cause a little bit of a stir in a system unrelated to BGS, and everyone flips their gaskets about needing Sirius Permits. >_< I get that actions in and around THAT system will affect the system, but not the faction as a whole. There is really a bunch of other systems you can farm rep in that Im not asking to mess with. Im even getting down voted on reddit for suggesting this. Its non-sense really.

https://eddb.io/faction/6707 Seriously, look at all these systems you could go to, to farm rep. >_>
    Welcome to Elite:hostile.

People want someone to hate, so that the hate's not directed at them. It will blow over and they will be back to hating someone else (probably me )

Best not to worry what the 'group' thinks of you if what they think is not in your interests... Be happy with the few that like what you like.

Game needs bad guys, people 'stirring it up' (maybe not UA bombing, for reason i said), and best way to do it is... in the form of a kitten (lol the video, and my ship i use to upset systems is call the kitten Krusher )

More Terrorist acts by self proclaimed good guys based on assertions that they know the people they terrorize and murder are the bad guys without ever presenting any evidence

Originally Posted by Vasious View Post (Source)
    More Terrorist acts by self proclaimed good guys based on assertions that they know the people they terrorize and murder are the bad guys without ever presenting any evidence
    Uhh withholding information on Project Exodus, attempting to silence Raan Corsen, aggressively defending secretive construction facilities (via Wreaken), then moving said facilities to Col 70 Sector where at least one person has died, the cause of which was also covered up, and many more. If you think Sirius Corp has a clean slate you are woefully ignorant!

Originally Posted by subhouse07 View Post (Source)
    Uhh withholding information on Project Exodus, attempting to silence Raan Corsen, aggressively defending secretive construction facilities (via Wreaken), then moving said facilities to Col 70 Sector where at least one person has died, the cause of which was also covered up, and many more. If you think Sirius Corp has a clean slate you are woefully ignorant!
    Could you provide evidence for those accusations?

I'm especially interested on hard facts about any involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project. Thanks.

Originally Posted by CMDR Zadian Lichtfrost View Post (Source)
    Could you provide evidence for those accusations?

I'm especially interested on hard facts about any involvement of Sirius in the Dynasty project. Thanks.
    A snippet from galnet Nov 19th of last year regarding the audit of Meta-Drive:
    "...One such item is the Imperial Eagle of the company's late chairman Femi Dakarai, which was owned by MetaDrive. In a strange turn of events, the ship was stolen by former MetaDrive employee Raan Corsen, who disappeared shortly after the audit began.

A number of files relating to Dakarai's affairs are also believed to be missing. A junior member of the audit team reported that a series of so-called 'exodus documents' could not be located. The employee was unceremoniously removed from the audit team shortly afterwards..."

The audit took place after MetaDrive was acquired by Sirius. Raan took off with Dakarai's i-Eagle and the Exodus documents and according to him Sirius was hot on his tail to silence him. There are no "hard facts" as the story is delivered to us mostly second hand. But the pieces can be fit together by taking info from Galnet, tourist beacons (in regards to the Wreaken-Sirius connection in particular), and the first contact incident with Raan Corsen. Most of this stuff can be found and pieced together from the frank-heinrich galnet collection (ctrl-f) and google. Unless Sirius is a red herring, they weren't made a 1000 year old mega-corporation for no reason.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast