Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PS4 Connection to transaction server error

Originally Posted by CMDR Luna View Post (Source)
    Hey Matt.

That's awesome news but so far as I'm aware, we've not changed anything!

Unless of course the DCs you were experiencing were mainly from the mission board? This was something that affected all platforms and I believe was patched yesterday.
    Well, it was a bit of both before...It started with inability to get into the Missions and Passenger Lounge and then it went to being disconnected and unable to connect to game and being stuck at the Main Menu.

I had a perfect session last night in Open play on my PS4 and I'm very happy :D
    I've learnt a bit more about the complexity of the P2P and internet connections of this "game" from what I've read. In conclusion, the more I understand, the more I marvel at the technology. The commitment to it and also good communications are worth a mention too.

Keep up the good work, Frontier ;)

Matt :)

2. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #452
    Originally Posted by Dinki0815 View Post (Source)
    How can it be that this is the only game crashing that often(up to 15 times in a hour on serveral occasions from dropout to simple entering tradescreens,passenger lounge etc.) on my ps4? Every other multiplayergame is working from gta5,Titanfall 2,Battlefield One... whatever.

Come on do something about that! It cant be a solution to change settings on my side when all other games work best!

I really wanna play this game for at least 2 hours straight...

Btw if it helps solving the issues, i am from germany on 100mbit
    PSN ID: Dinki0815
    See points 4 and 5 here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/360065-PS4-Connection-to-transaction-server-error?p=5713836&viewfull=1#post5713836

Are you on a dual stack connection?
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Hi all.

Adding another name to the list (yes, I'm a BT home hub user). Just found this thread after trying to play the game for a few days. Was waiting for a patch to see if it resolved anything, but trying again this evening after the 1.04 patch it took two attempts to log in initially, then once I did get it, it disconnected trying to leave the first station. Then it got switched off in frustration. So annoying as I've been waiting around 35 years for what should be the definitive version after playing the BBC Micro original.

I appreciate that it's new code, but I must admit, I'm pretty surprised that it seemingly wasn't tested with what is probably the biggest provider of broadband in the UK.

My issue isn't parental controls as they've already been disabled, so thanks to the information I've found on this thread I'll try changing the settings on the PS4 and hope that works.

Cheers guys. Appreciate there's nothing useful in this post, but it does feel good sometimes to vent :)

Unplayable

I have disconnected 6 times in the last 25 minutes. I am going to miss my deadline on my missions. I am brand new to Elite Dangerous, and I don't feel like this is fun. I can't even manage in Solo Play. We gave No Man's Sky a very hard time for connection issues, I don't think Elite Dangerous should be any different. This is a game breaker. And should be the #1 priority for fixing.

It's really not playable!

I play ED now for 4 Days, the most of the times the mission board kick me out of the game!
    "Failed to connect to the search server"
    On several Stations in several Systems.
    At the morning and at the evening. For example, yesterday evening there where no problems. But now 😭

I tried things like Google DNS Server etc.

Please make this Game playable, at this point it is digusting

Can't even get past the login screen, keeps saying no internet connection, but clearly I am online. I know at least 5 people in my group having issues!

Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For Shame FDEV....

Originally Posted by Cmdr Ghost View Post (Source)
    no hot fixes, this is a global problem, patch it up within 30 days i say or full refund.
    My sentiments exactly.....No Game?, Give us our money back, and I will go back to that piece of garbage NMS!!!

At least I can play that

For you guys in the UK, here's your consumer rights. A good read, especially the sections on digital media & 'fit for purpose'.
    The only problem is you have to try to get your money back from the company you bought it from, not the manufacturer.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...change#digital

All i get now is the initial screen that says elite dangerous with the winged figure. Have restarted everything twice. Just played 30 minutes of war thunder. Works perfectly. So annoying as i love the game. Last night was 6 disconnects in one hour of playing, this evening i cant even get to the login screen. So dissapointing.

I finally got it working

So first and foremost I'm from California and I have xfinity Comcast, after two weeks of constant disconnects I was becoming hopeless, I tried changing dns and mtu with no result and really felt it was fdevs fault, that said here's what Was really happening.
    So checking my router settings there was a couple strange settings, there was something called dynamic fragmentation, I turned that off, I also gave myself a static ip adress, and there was a setting that said it would enhance my connection to p2p I turned that on, my router rebooted and now everything works great the fps is even better and I'm also not experiencing some of the bugs or any disconnects I was before, I have all my settings on ps4 set automatically, my mtu is at 1500 which is 1472 the maximum without fragmentation it just adds 28, so I now believe that fdevs are not at fault some of us just need to adjust our router settings. Oh I have a D link router. I think this was mentioned but check your router settings guys there might be some unique setting that's causing the problem like dynamic fragmentation. Hope this is helpful, See you on the other side.

Originally Posted by SkyBlueBaron View Post (Source)
    For you guys in the UK, here's your consumer rights. A good read, especially the sections on digital media & 'fit for purpose'.
    The only problem is you have to try to get your money back from the company you bought it from, not the manufacturer.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/sho...change#digital
    I purchased ED via PlayStation as a digital copy, I requested a refund which was initially refused. However, after explaining the situation further PlayStations agreed based on proof of correspondence with Frontier, which I have. I've given Frontier a deadline of 5th August as I feel this is ample time to fix or attempt to fix the issue.

As it stands for many PS4 ED players, the game isn't fit for purpose. I can't believe these issues have only just occurred without some form of testing being performed using a variety of Broadband providers, also in hindsight maybe Frontier should have allowed Beta testing for a week - The problem would've arisen and some folks may have waited for a fix to be provided be spending their hard earned cash.

The gaming industry appears to have this attitude where we, the consumer are bottomless money pits, where our views and concerns don't matter. Regular updates on this issue would be nice, given the amount of users impacted, I know Frontier can't give an answer right now but at least this might ease users frustrations - It's called good PR.

12. This is the last staff post in this thread. #462
    Good afternoon (in the UK that is) Commanders!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience whilst we work on the connection issues that you're reporting.

For those of you still experiencing difficulties, thank you for taking the time to let us know that all is not well.

We appreciate all the feedback, and we are continuing to investigate this as hard as we can as a matter of priority.
    We apologise for the delay as this is an issue we have still not encountered during our extensive internal testing.

Everybody's internet routers and connections can be very different, sometimes in very subtle ways, so it would help us greatly if you were able to provide a little bit more information so we can try to understand what you are experiencing and why.

Most important for us is the message saying if it was a connection to the Adjudication, Matchmaking or Transaction server that had a problem.

We also need to understand something about your network situation. For example:

• Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)
    • What make & model of router are you using?
    • Which ISP do you have?
    • If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?
    • What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)
    • Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?
    • Would you know your upload and download speeds?

If you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, it would be really useful to know what were you doing at the time:
    • Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu)
    • Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?
    • If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?
    • If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?
    • Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?
    • Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?
    • Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?

If you've been able to try tweaking your console or router settings, it would be useful to know what you've tried and if it was no change, better or worse, such as:

• Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)
    • Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers
    • Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)

Thanks again for your feedback, it's invaluable in making the game run as smoothly as possible for all players.

Dav

Hi Dav,

Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?

Wired, Gigabit LAN

Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)

MTU 1464 (as per CMDR Luna's instructions) - Router is reporting 1492 (this is what the ISP advise is the correct setting)
    Proxy NO
    NAT Type 2

What make & model of router are you using?

Netgear WNDR3700v4 (connected to Openreach/BT/KCOM NTE)

Which ISP do you have?

KCOM Lightstream FTTH UK

If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?

Can't run it but with ping worked out 1464 was highest before fragmentation (CMDR Luna's instruction)

What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)

PPPoE Fibre

Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?

Ive no idea what that is.

Would you know your upload and download speeds?

77Mbps down, 7.7Mbps up as reported by PS4 (I am on a 75Mb/5Mb connection)

If you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, it would be really useful to know what were you doing at the time:

This happens randomly, sometimes from mission boards, sometimes in SC, sometimes in warp. (always worse in Open play).

Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?

I have been stuck in SC before and have had to quit the game.

If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?

I have seen both of these errors, I posted a video in another thread showing me getting the matchmaking one after the mission board failed to load. Fine in Solo play generally.

(here: example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13DS0CsM98)

If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?

Can't say this happens regularly like that, and it seems random, sometimes in station, sometimes in space, sometimes in SC, most problems at SC transition times.

Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?

Usually yes, I think I tend to see lots more issues when I am instanced with people.

Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?

Nope.

If you've been able to try tweaking your console or router settings, it would be useful to know what you've tried and if it was no change, better or worse, such as:

Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)

Set to 1464 should router match this even though ISP says use 1492?

Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers

PS4 changed, with Google DNS also.

Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)

No idea if the Netgear supports this.

Hope that helps give something.
    Join us on the Elite PS4 community discord server for Elite Dangerous - ElitePS https://discord.gg/uwzGfT2

Please see my BOLD answers for simplicity. Not meant to offend somebody.

• Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?
      LAN
    • Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)
      MTU 1472, no proxy, NAT2
    • What make & model of router are you using?
      CH7465LG-LC (COMPAL)
    • Which ISP do you have?
      UNITY MEDIA (UPC), AUSTRIA, VIENNA
    • If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?
      PRIVIDED ALREADY. SAID BOTTLNECK TO NETALZYR WAS SIMETHING 500 SOMEWHERE.
    • What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)
      FIBRE
    • Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?
      DUNNO.
    • Would you know your upload and download speeds?
      YES. ;p around 70gbit/s up, around 5 to 10 up. 100gbit line.

• Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu)
      ABLE TO CONNECT
    • Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?
      MINING, but also HYPERJUMPS AND FSD DRIVING. NEVER DURING FIGHTS IN RES. SOMETIMES MARKET OPENING. RARELY FITTING OPENING.
    • If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?
      ONLY SOLO. NEVER TRIED MULTI.
    • If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?
      AT MINING SOMETIMES ONLY 2MINS IN BETWEEN. DURING TRAVEL ONE PER HOUR OR SO.
    • Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?
      RANDOM BESIDES MINING. THATS VERY REGULAR.
    • Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?
      NO. NPCS BUT ALSO EMPTY FSD SPACE.
    • Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?
      NO. NO OTHER APPS USE THE LINE WHILE I PLAY. MAYBE MY PHONE RUNS AN APP UPDATE IN TEH BACGROUND BUT THATS IT.

• Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)
      IMPROVED A BIT. WITHOUT CHANGE I WASNT ABLE TO PLAY WITHOUT DISCONNECTS EVERY 10 MINUTES. NOW ONE PER HOUR OR SO.
    • Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers
      SEE ABOVE
    • Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)
      EH? WHATS THAT?

I do not speak Englihs
    On your PC start / run type:
    Cmd.exe / k netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces

Set values ​​close to 1500 and -28
    For each connection you will get a value that is the most left.

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast