Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: PS4 Connection to transaction server error

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #466
    Good afternoon (in the UK that is) Commanders!

Thank you all for your feedback and patience whilst we work on the connection issues that you're reporting.

For those of you still experiencing difficulties, thank you for taking the time to let us know that all is not well.

We appreciate all the feedback, and we are continuing to investigate this as hard as we can as a matter of priority.
    We apologise for the delay as this is an issue we have still not encountered during our extensive internal testing.

Everybody's internet routers and connections can be very different, sometimes in very subtle ways, so it would help us greatly if you were able to provide a little bit more information so we can try to understand what you are experiencing and why.

Most important for us is the message saying if it was a connection to the Adjudication, Matchmaking or Transaction server that had a problem.

We also need to understand something about your network situation. For example:

• Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?
    • Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)
    • What make & model of router are you using?
    • Which ISP do you have?
    • If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?
    • What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)
    • Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?
    • Would you know your upload and download speeds?

If you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, it would be really useful to know what were you doing at the time:
    • Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu)
    • Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?
    • If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?
    • If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?
    • Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?
    • Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?
    • Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?

If you've been able to try tweaking your console or router settings, it would be useful to know what you've tried and if it was no change, better or worse, such as:

• Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)
    • Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers
    • Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)

Thanks again for your feedback, it's invaluable in making the game run as smoothly as possible for all players.

Dav

Hi Dav,

Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?

Wired, Gigabit LAN

Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)

MTU 1464 (as per CMDR Luna's instructions) - Router is reporting 1492 (this is what the ISP advise is the correct setting)
    Proxy NO
    NAT Type 2

What make & model of router are you using?

Netgear WNDR3700v4 (connected to Openreach/BT/KCOM NTE)

Which ISP do you have?

KCOM Lightstream FTTH UK

If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?

Can't run it but with ping worked out 1464 was highest before fragmentation (CMDR Luna's instruction)

What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)

PPPoE Fibre

Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?

Ive no idea what that is.

Would you know your upload and download speeds?

77Mbps down, 7.7Mbps up as reported by PS4 (I am on a 75Mb/5Mb connection)

If you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, it would be really useful to know what were you doing at the time:

This happens randomly, sometimes from mission boards, sometimes in SC, sometimes in warp. (always worse in Open play).

Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?

I have been stuck in SC before and have had to quit the game.

If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?

I have seen both of these errors, I posted a video in another thread showing me getting the matchmaking one after the mission board failed to load. Fine in Solo play generally.

(here: example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b13DS0CsM98)

If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?

Can't say this happens regularly like that, and it seems random, sometimes in station, sometimes in space, sometimes in SC, most problems at SC transition times.

Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?

Usually yes, I think I tend to see lots more issues when I am instanced with people.

Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?

Nope.

If you've been able to try tweaking your console or router settings, it would be useful to know what you've tried and if it was no change, better or worse, such as:

Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)

Set to 1464 should router match this even though ISP says use 1492?

Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers

PS4 changed, with Google DNS also.

Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)

No idea if the Netgear supports this.

Hope that helps give something.

Please see my BOLD answers for simplicity. Not meant to offend somebody.

LAN
    • Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)
      MTU 1472, no proxy, NAT2
      CH7465LG-LC (COMPAL)
    • Which ISP do you have?
      UNITY MEDIA (UPC), AUSTRIA, VIENNA
    • If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?
      PRIVIDED ALREADY. SAID BOTTLNECK TO NETALZYR WAS SIMETHING 500 SOMEWHERE.
    • What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)
      FIBRE
      DUNNO.
      YES. ;p around 70gbit/s up, around 5 to 10 up. 100gbit line.

• Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu)
      ABLE TO CONNECT
    • Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?
      MINING, but also HYPERJUMPS AND FSD DRIVING. NEVER DURING FIGHTS IN RES. SOMETIMES MARKET OPENING. RARELY FITTING OPENING.
    • If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?
      ONLY SOLO. NEVER TRIED MULTI.
    • If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?
      AT MINING SOMETIMES ONLY 2MINS IN BETWEEN. DURING TRAVEL ONE PER HOUR OR SO.
    • Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?
      RANDOM BESIDES MINING. THATS VERY REGULAR.
      NO. NPCS BUT ALSO EMPTY FSD SPACE.
    • Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?
      NO. NO OTHER APPS USE THE LINE WHILE I PLAY. MAYBE MY PHONE RUNS AN APP UPDATE IN TEH BACGROUND BUT THATS IT.

• Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)
      IMPROVED A BIT. WITHOUT CHANGE I WASNT ABLE TO PLAY WITHOUT DISCONNECTS EVERY 10 MINUTES. NOW ONE PER HOUR OR SO.
    • Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers
      SEE ABOVE
    • Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)
      EH? WHATS THAT?

I do not speak Englihs
    On your PC start / run type:
    Cmd.exe / k netsh interface ipv4 show subinterfaces

Set values ​​close to 1500 and -28
    For each connection you will get a value that is the most left.

I've noticed that if I'm downloading a game from PSN I get no disconnections. If I pause the download or I'm not downloading anything at the time, I get frequent disconections.

I've had the game on PS4 since release and since then I've tried to always have a game downloading from PSN so I don't get kicked from Elite.

Hope gets sorted soon. Great game.

Edit: one other thing, when I do get logged out of Elite if I press the PS button as soon as it happens and I go straight back to PlayStation desktop it appears like I'm not connected to PSN at all, I see that first friends page logging itself back in.

PS4 Disconnect issues.

Originally Posted by Dav Stott View Post (Source)

Thank you all for your feedback and patience whilst we work on the connection issues that you're reporting.

For those of you still experiencing difficulties, thank you for taking the time to let us know that all is not well.

We appreciate all the feedback, and we are continuing to investigate this as hard as we can as a matter of priority.
    We apologise for the delay as this is an issue we have still not encountered during our extensive internal testing.

Everybody's internet routers and connections can be very different, sometimes in very subtle ways, so it would help us greatly if you were able to provide a little bit more information so we can try to understand what you are experiencing and why.

Most important for us is the message saying if it was a connection to the Adjudication, Matchmaking or Transaction server that had a problem.

• Which ISP do you have?

Thanks again for your feedback, it's invaluable in making the game run as smoothly as possible for all players.

Dav
    Hi Dav,

Request information, I hope this helps?

• Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi? Connected via LAN cable, although have tried Wi-Fi and tethered to iPhone.
    • Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important) Tried all the suggested MTU settings, this is currently set to 1450. Auto Proxy with NAT Type 2
    • What make & model of router are you using? BT Home Hub 6
    • Which ISP do you have? BT Broadband Fibre
    • If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report? I've note run Netalzyr as I use a Mac, however my own tested indicated 1473
    • What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc) Fibre
    • Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite? Nope
    • Would you know your upload and download speeds? Upload = 7.5Mbps and Download 50.2Mbps

Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu) - Yes I can connect to the servers
    • Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)? All of these and various times, some be immediately others after 2/3 minutes
    • If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer? Transaction and Matchmaking errors, playing Solo or Private - These disconnects happen in all to be honest.
    • If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them? Again all of these scenarios, I've have 6 attempts to dock or multiple outfitting disconnects immediately after the other. Also I've had periods of uninterrupted play, although this never lasts more than about 50 minutes.
    • Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times? Mainly Outfitting, docking and during/exiting Hyper Jump
    • Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space? No.
    • Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)? No. Often I'm the only person using the connection.

• Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets) I've manually set the MTU to 1472, 1450 and 1400, no difference with any of these.
    • Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers. No, as BT Home hub 6 blocks DNS changes from my console so I'm unable to make an internet connection.
    • Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!) No
    I've also added my PS4 console to my BT Home Hub 6 DMZ and given the console a static IP Address - Again no improvements.
    Finally, I tethered my console to my iPhone using a 3G/4G connection, this was fine for about 3 to 4 hours, after this I encountered multiple disconnects with all of the above issues arising.

Irish player here. Bought the game on Tuesday and have been playing daily since. So far I've gotten zero disconnects. Zero problems and loving it. To be fair, I only play Solo.

Originally Posted by Dav Stott View Post (Source)

• Which ISP do you have?

Dav
      -LAN
      -MTU is currently set to 1472 as per the workaround suggestions.
      -No proxy server
      -NAT 3, strict
      -UNKNOWN, college network.
    • Which ISP do you have?
      -UNKNOWN
      -Letmecheckit said 1472 not fragmented.
      -UNKNOWN
      -UNKNOWN
      -80mbps/90mbps for upload and download

-Just trying to fly. I barely last a minute before matchmaking error takes me out.

-Main menu is no problem, it's when in-game on Solo Play or Open Play.
      -If you count the 4..3..2..1..00....then getting stuck at 0 for over 30seconds into a disconnect, then yes.
      -99% of the time it's matchmaking error. Gotten adjudication only once.
      -Always within a minute.
      -No idea. Never last long enough to trial&error things to find out.
      -No idea.
      -No. bandwidth is never a problem.

-Changed from 1500 to 1472, no change in connection problems, still constantly disconnecting with matchmaking error.
      -Changed to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, no change.
      -Not possible

==========================================

Again, I understand that being on a college network means I can't do a lot of things. But not even Solo Play?
    I guess that's what I get for not researching a game before buying it. I'm not going to initiate a refund, I know I'll eventually get out from under the strict NAT chokehold..but it just means this game is a $60 waste for a few years.

Who knows, maybe if enough of us post about being stuck on a strict NAT/blocked UpNp setup, they'll make a workaround?

Originally Posted by Devils_Demon View Post (Source)
    Irish player here. Bought the game on Tuesday and have been playing daily since. So far I've gotten zero disconnects. Zero problems and loving it. To be fair, I only play Solo.
    Pleased for you, not sure how useful this is when the thread is about disconnects.....

Would consider it useful since obviously some players are able to play without problems. It might help to understand their environment and setup compared to us who have problems.

1. Does your console connect to your router using LAN Cable or Wi-Fi?

LAN Cable, but via ethernet power plugs

2. Can you send us some information from your Console Settings -> Network -> View Connection Status (we don't need your IP or Mac addresses, but MTU, Proxy Server & NAT Type are really important)

MTU: Automatic
    Proxy Server: Do not use
    NAT Type: Type 2

3. What make & model of router are you using?

Technicolor Gateway
    Product Name TG582n
    Software Release 10.2.5.2.FO

4. Which ISP do you have?

Plusnet

5. If you've been able to run a Netalzyr report or the letmecheckit MTU test, what MTU did it report?

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...e-46a2-aea3/rd

6. What sort of connection technology is used? (PPPoA ADSL, PPPoE Cable / Fibre, etc)

The router states "Routed PPPoE via Port 4" and it is Plusnet Fibre

7. Does your IPv4 connection use dualstack lite?

No

8. Would you know your upload and download speeds?

Response time (latency)
    126 ms
    Download speed
    55.8 Mbps
    Upload speed
    10.0 Mbps

9. If you have been unexpectedly disconnected from the game and returned to the main menu, it would be really useful to know what were you doing at the time:

See video recording here; https://youtu.be/b5fUm4uXRlo

10. Are you unable to connect to our servers at all (Cannot get to main menu, or start button remains unavailable on main menu)

After disconnect I was just returned to the main menu

11. Was it a very long hyperspace jump or exit from supercruise (more than 30 seconds)?

No

12. If it was an Adjudication or Matchmaking error, were you playing in Solo or Multiplayer?

No, Open

13. If you've been disconnected multiple times during one play session, were they close together or was there many minutes between them?

First time this session

14. Does it happen consistently when you do a thing, or is it seemingly at random times?

Random

15. Do you only get disconnected when you can see other players nearby in space?

No

16. Does it only happen when your upload bandwidth is really busy (such as uploading a few photos over a 1Mb ADSL uplink)?

There was no other major upload activity at the time that I was aware of

17. If you've been able to try tweaking your console or router settings, it would be useful to know what you've tried and if it was no change, better or worse, such as:

Not tweaked my router or console

18. Manually setting the Console's MTU to be <= your internet connection's MTU (so your PS4 & Router don't have to rely on MTU path discovery to send maximum sized packets)

Not tried this

19. Changing your console or router's DNS settings to avoid your ISP's DNS resolvers

I use Google DNS on the router settings

20. Changing your router to not forcibly fragment larger upstream packets (thanks to Cmdr Omegaknight07 for that useful information about D-Link!)

Not sure how I would do this.

I noted the following in my router logs from around the time of the disconnect;

Warning Jul 14 21:38:27 IDS scan parser : tcp port scan: 23.44.102.18 scanned at least 10 ports at 80.229.26.96. (1 of 1) : 23.44.102.18 80.229.26.96 40 59 TCP 443->49744 [...R..] seq 1642757538 ack 0 win 0
    Error Jul 14 21:35:16 [ANTI_SPOOFD] (err) llist_getobject_at for ENV.ANTI_SPOOFD's value failed

Originally Posted by Blackjack14 View Post (Source)
    Would consider it useful since obviously some players are able to play without problems. It might help to understand their environment and setup compared to us who have problems.
    Would agree, if information about the players setup etc. was provided which CMDRs with disconnect issues could try and replicate.

Originally Posted by Smudgerfez View Post (Source)
    Would agree, if information about the players setup etc. was provided which CMDRs with disconnect issues could try and replicate.
    I had not changed my MTU values previously. After my disconnect last night I have altered them (I found a maximum MTU of 1492 was my optimal setting), so will try to remember to post if this fixes the issue.

Just to say after a few days of average stability, the crashes are worse than ever today. All recommended changes done, but as it stands the game is close to unplayable. Nearly every interaction with the game causes a crash. FSD, landing, take off, Mission Board. Res. Combat. When it doesn't lose network connection, I get the blue screen error pop up once in a while too. Sadly, going to have to just give up on it as this isn't entertainment, it's painful.

C'mon Frontier. Take ownership.

I had mixed feelings about finding this thread. On the one hand, I am happy to see I'm not alone with the frustrating issues with connection to the various Frontier servers. On the other hand, I feel bad for the players that are sharing my frustration. When the game works, it's a ball to play. Unfortunately, that seems to occur late at night, or, not at all during the daytime hours. Playing on PS4, by the way. Also, none of my other games are experiencing this maddening issue. Speaking of maddening issues, do we really need all the "human verification"? It's not like this is a bank, it's a forum . I guess I'll go back to playing the hated No Man's Sky until Frontier gets it together. Someone please email when it works. :D

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast