Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Murder hobos vs CG piracy

Originally Posted by iFred View Post (Source)
    There´s an easy fix: make Open empty again until Devs react and we have a proper system that is able to keep gankers away. Until then - play group/solo. Maybe its time for a mobius NG where pirating is allowed.
    Or Frontier could actually build a piracy model complete with missions and privateer marks from major powers (dovetails into PP as well). They could also remove the cap on bounties, and make it easier to locate malcontents, so bounty hunting could actually be the thing it's called.

Nah, who am I kidding, let's just have a new bounty system that essentially makes piracy unworkable, is capped so has basically little impact on the folks it's supposed to be aimed at, and split the community even more than it already is.

I am glad Frontier are trying, but this new PF bounty system is going to have exactly the same impact that the existing bounty system does; ie none.

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    Or Frontier could actually build a piracy model complete with missions and privateer marks from major powers (dovetails into PP as well). They could also remove the cap on bounties, and make it easier to locate malcontents, so bounty hunting could actually be the thing it's called.
    man being able to be a privateer would be awsome, while making pp something other then here have some cool weapons for playing a month. + rep

Originally Posted by Cpt Spaulding View Post (Source)
    It's open season as far as I'm concerned.
    Don't want to blow up? You can either get good, or stay out of open play.

And you are why i play in private groups consisting of grown ups

Originally Posted by optiplex View Post (Source)
    And you are why i play in private groups consisting of grown ups
    He crushes grapes and wrestles action men in his spare time.

Wait... so you're mad at those players who destroy other players who have decided to play in Open?

... and you think that FD should, somehow, stop this?

Don't you realize that those destroyed players are just playing "Dangerously" and enjoy being blown up?

I can't believe you're serious.

Originally Posted by Xious View Post (Source)
    Wait... so you're mad at those players who destroy other players who have decided to play in Open?

... and you think that FD should, somehow, stop this?

Don't you realize that those destroyed players are just playing "Dangerously" and enjoy being blown up?

I can't believe you're serious.
    its not like people are getting killed in random anarchy space with no government or police... life can be dangerous but i dont go around killing people i see on the street at random. also its not like theres a pg that takes on pirates, as far i can see there all strictly pve.

Us pirates are fair game for 'murder hobos' to be fair... This is how open is supposed to function.

Hi Urth & Lateralus! It was nice seeing you around at the CG yesterday - looking forward to be interdicted again. And, uh, this is not sarcasm.

Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    I'm so sick of murder hobos hanging around the CGs.

I'm a pirate, which means I'm not trying to kill any traders, trades seem pretty cool with the situation as long as no ones trying to kill em. i always make it clear with what going on with a quick "engines off, submit to scan, this is a robbery", then if they run only take out the engines.
    50% of the time I'm not even wanted. but murder hobos are running around the place trying to justify there random attacks by claiming piracy or bounty hunting.
    I'm sorry but pirates don't carry anything bigger then pack hounds and also have the mandatory limpet collectors (no ones gonna scoop 30 tons of cargo at a time).
    The bounty hunting hobos are attacking while I'm not even wanted claiming I'm a pirate and in turn them selves becoming wanted. how can u bounty hunt something that isn't wanted?

so after the vent cant fdev do something about this... maybe something like GTA online has where if you get enough negative actions placed on your account that you get put into a player pool where your only with other "bad" players, then the hobos can have fun killing each other while the rest of socialized space can carry on blazing there own trail. and please dont tell me to play solo, npc piracy isnt fun and isnt implemented in a way that makes it feel good.
    C&P is coming, watch this space.

Oh and they paid money for the game too, so if they want to be murder hobo's within the game rules they can.

Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post (Source)
    Yes I am afraid you may be right about a C&P system catching cool players like yourself in its net.
    As for the PG's does Mobius or his admins come here?
    I would be all about true pirates and RP'ers there.

This fact is lost on that segment of the PvP crowd. I think few would object to true RP piracy, robbery, and even combat, as long as it makes sense in the game universe.

Greifing, ganking, and mindless death or destruction, does not.
    well there is a way they can differentiate: pirates usually don't kill, grievers do. So the karma system could be lenient on damaging ships but harsh on the killing thing.

Originally Posted by CMDRvenerian View Post (Source)
    well there is a way they can differentiate: pirates usually don't kill, grievers do. So the karma system could be lenient on damaging ships but harsh on the killing thing.
    Cool. I'll sit in Eravate burning sidewinders down to 1% until someone worth fighting shows up.

It's a perfect solution for everyone.

hats off to you Urth, one of the few times I genuinely think (genuine) pirates deserve some attention.

the ultimate thing is.. confrontational PKers killing for reasons out of scope of game endorsement are just helping no one. Stay out of open mode? Yeah it's still heading towards a form of OPEN PvE (non damage) direction. However that'll work.

keep up the good work though, no one wants to see pirates give up.. (never thought I would say that).

also its not like theres a pg that takes on pirates
    Interestingly, the Pilot's Federation itself is a piracy group.

Also... there is no "murder" in E: D.

There is just... ship destruction...

i spoke to mobius they dont seem interested in pirates being around. (well asked on there discord if they were open to the idea)
    Most likely they don't want it, because it would be too easy to abuse. "Oh, I am a pirate. I really suck at it though, so all my targets die. I am working on it though. I promise!"

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast