Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 272

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Murder hobos vs CG piracy

  1. #1

    Murder hobos vs CG piracy

    I'm so sick of murder hobos hanging around the CGs.

    I'm a pirate, which means I'm not trying to kill any traders, trades seem pretty cool with the situation as long as no ones trying to kill em. i always make it clear with what going on with a quick "engines off, submit to scan, this is a robbery", then if they run only take out the engines.
    50% of the time I'm not even wanted. but murder hobos are running around the place trying to justify there random attacks by claiming piracy or bounty hunting.
    I'm sorry but pirates don't carry anything bigger then pack hounds and also have the mandatory limpet collectors (no ones gonna scoop 30 tons of cargo at a time).
    The bounty hunting hobos are attacking while I'm not even wanted claiming I'm a pirate and in turn them selves becoming wanted. how can u bounty hunt something that isn't wanted?

    so after the vent cant fdev do something about this... maybe something like GTA online has where if you get enough negative actions placed on your account that you get put into a player pool where your only with other "bad" players, then the hobos can have fun killing each other while the rest of socialized space can carry on blazing there own trail. and please dont tell me to play solo, npc piracy isnt fun and isnt implemented in a way that makes it feel good.

  2. #2
    Well, FD has plans (C&P/Karma) but how they would help or hurt you - the true pirate and RP'er, is unknown.

    But yes there is a subset of players in Open that ruin the game for all. Then they bleat how empty Open is and whine for FD to "do something" to give them more targets because, god forbid, they can't fight against each other in equivalent ships.

    Most say "Forget it" and go Solo or PG but that does you no good as a true pirate of course.
    Ironically you are also their victim.

    If I was King I would invite you to a no-Ganker/hobo PG where you could pursue your trade against my trade T-ship's, missioneers, and Miners. Like to see how my builds do.
    Like Open minus the juvenile and psychotic rabble.

  3. #3
    from my understanding the plans for C&P/Karma are going to punish me as much as the griefers. i dont understand how fdev can tell the difference between me shooting out some engines and becoming wanted and a guy just randomly going on a killing spree.

    i dont think PGs are taking legit pirates on sadly.

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    from my understanding the plans for C&P/Karma are going to punish me as much as the griefers. i dont understand how fdev can tell the difference between me shooting out some engines and becoming wanted and a guy just randomly going on a killing spree.

    i dont think PGs are taking legit pirates on sadly.
    Yes I am afraid you may be right about a C&P system catching cool players like yourself in its net.
    As for the PG's does Mobius or his admins come here?
    I would be all about true pirates and RP'ers there.

    This fact is lost on that segment of the PvP crowd. I think few would object to true RP piracy, robbery, and even combat, as long as it makes sense in the game universe.

    Greifing, ganking, and mindless death or destruction, does not.

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    I'm sorry but pirates don't carry anything bigger then pack hounds and also have the mandatory limpet collectors (no ones gonna scoop 30 tons of cargo at a time).
    The bounty hunting hobos are attacking while I'm not even wanted claiming I'm a pirate and in turn them selves becoming wanted. how can u bounty hunt something that isn't wanted?
    ok.........so............you're lightly armed and your being attacked by bounty hunters trying to stop you from pirating...............perhaps a change of tactics (read: more firepower) is in order to combat that?

    i don't use collector limpets. and i scoop 22 tonnes manually ALL THE TIME in my courier. 30 is definitely not out of the question. I'd do it for sure.

  6. #6
    if im not wanted whats there to hunt? does having a hatch breaker and cargo scanner make me wanted? if so then Fdev needs this bug reported...................

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    if im not wanted whats there to hunt? does having a hatch breaker and cargo scanner make me wanted? if so then Fdev needs this bug reported...................
    those are fairly obvious tools of the trade.........the trader you are after if you have to shoot out his drives isn't wanted, yet you can open fire on him/her. why would a bounty hunter who knows/suspects you are a pirate, even if you're not wanted, be any different?

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Maverick and Goose View Post (Source)
    those are fairly obvious tools of the trade.........the trader you are after if you have to shoot out his drives isn't wanted, yet you can open fire on him/her. why would a bounty hunter who knows/suspects you are a pirate, even if you're not wanted, be any different?
    If the target isn't wanted (has no bounty) the attacker isn't a bounty hunter. Such an attacker would be a pirate hunter.

    Semantics.
    --
    Frontier Development: "ů malicious griefing (which we loosely define as actions whose only purpose, outcome and gain is to punish and frustrate other players)."

    The DBX needs an increase of agility!
    FDev: Give us a jump capable Condor with class 1 FSD, and 3 class 1 slots for ADS, DSS and fuel scoop

  10. #10
    Originally Posted by Maverick and Goose View Post (Source)
    those are fairly obvious tools of the trade.........the trader you are after if you have to shoot out his drives isn't wanted, yet you can open fire on him/her. why would a bounty hunter who knows/suspects you are a pirate, even if you're not wanted, be any different?
    i repeat, how can u claim your bounty hunting a target that isnt wanted.
    most of the time im not wanted, the size of my ship locks them and there willing to hand over the loot without a fight. yes sometimes i have to shoot but that hardly ever happens, just the action of pulling a T6 out at a CG is enough for them to hand it over, they dont want to die and im guessing the amount of times they've been hobo killed its a relief.

  11. #11
    If you are a pirate you are fair game to bounty hunters, the 'murder hobos' are juist making it safer for the traders in the area.

    Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    i repeat, how can u claim your bounty hunting a target that isnt wanted.
    most of the time im not wanted, the size of my ship locks them and there willing to hand over the loot without a fight. yes sometimes i have to shoot but that hardly ever happens, just the action of pulling a T6 out at a CG is enough for them to hand it over, they dont want to die and im guessing the amount of times they've been hobo killed its a relief.
    You become wanted when you interdicte a clean player.

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by Pyrobee View Post (Source)
    If you are a pirate you are fair game to bounty hunters, the 'murder hobos' are juist making it safer for the traders in the area.



    You become wanted when you interdicte a clean player.
    you get a fine.......... ive even pulled out a wanted trader and been attacked while in the instance explain that plz.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by urth View Post (Source)
    i dont understand how fdev can tell the difference between me shooting out some engines and becoming wanted and a guy just randomly going on a killing spree.
    they can't. they will build some sort of log of your actions over time and make some (probably wrong) inferences on that.

    this is the game: one size fits all. solo, pg, open, arcade, simulator, strategy ... all in one. will never 'work', but it's good enough for a fishbowl full of casuals (specially if you can keep adding more platforms and getting constant fresh meat ... oh wait!)

    other than that, you're a pirate: you're not supposed to be armed to your teeth, but you are surely expected to be able to escape. what's the problem?

  14. #14
    Originally Posted by Pyrobee View Post (Source)
    If you are a pirate you are fair game to bounty hunters, the 'murder hobos' are juist making it safer for the traders in the area.
    Wow. Guess I didn't realize what a public service gankers do! And doing it all to make trading safe. Of course!
    Thanks guys for making Open a waste...err...a logical and fun place to be.
    No help needed though for me. I'll just stay in Solo or PG.

  15. #15
    It's open season as far as I'm concerned.
    Don't want to blow up? You can either get good, or stay out of open play.

Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast