Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: New Free Military Flight Suits for all Elite Dangerous: Horizons Commanders

You mean theres free giveaway stuff on the store again!?

I'll be linking this in the console forums.
    Flying with the grace of a unicorn...
    Xbox GT: V8UC UNICORN PC CMDR: [REDACTED]
    Cobra Mk III official Owner's Club: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...I-Owner-s-Club
    Flight System: Razer Ornata & Mamba | Saitek X52 | HyperX Cloud II | MSI Z97 GAMING 5 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM | MSI GTX 960 4GB | Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHZ

Thanks
    "I want to be able to play a great game without being griefed by teenagers" - David Braben

Thanks. Just 'bought' mine.
    Hell Razors' Mentoring Agency.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=146938
    New Commanders, we are prepared to mentor you.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=147109
    Thought on buffing/nerfing.
    https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=197633

Ships; Anaconda The Helping Hand, Asp Explorer The Curious Cricket, Sidewinders Heavyweight Fleas, Viper IV The Knight Viper, Federal Gunship The Drunken Knurd, Eagle The Peregrine Falcon, and Cobra III
    Playing in the PC/Mac Galaxy

Thanks, I guess. Gift horse and all that, but nothing in my size or style, so I'll pass.

Now, how about a Red Ignition paintjob for the Vulture? Or at least a Predator pack?
    If I'm bigger than you, then I'm in charge.
    If you are bigger than me, then you're in charge.
    If anything goes wrong, then he's in charge.
    -- credo of the orc marines

Thanks Ed - "purchased".

Originally Posted by starman View Post (Source)
    Yes it conditions the brain to 'buy' stuff from the store. Also its the most straight forward mechanism. Like the 'buy' option for the free BBC Micro version of elite.

Technically they can of set this transaction as a cost for tax purposes.
    I can also see that it's a way to drive engagement generally, whether with the store, forum, etc...

Whatever the reasons, personally it would be nice to have some indication from FD as to why they're choosing this method rather than simply making it available to all players that meet the criteria. The game clearly knows who bought horizons and is therefore eligible - you can't land otherwise!

I'm not sure what else they're doing to publicise availability, but if just the forum then only a small % of players will ever become aware. Even if you include social media, reddit etc... it may still be a fraction of players who bought Horizons.

I guess an in-game message could be accused of breaking immersion, but I'd prefer that over people not being aware at all (and could be dressed up in suitable language which iirc they've done in the past. I have a vague memory of Galnet posts about shipmakers changing internal layouts of ships in response to customer demand to explain module slot changes??).

Having said all that, I understand this isn't time limited and is unexpected free stuff, so fair play to FD on that front

Originally Posted by Un1k0rn View Post (Source)
    I'll be linking this in the console forums.
    However note that It says "PC only" at the little text on the bottom though.
    Yep. Im the guy who often reads a bit before pressing Next Next Next

"Elite Dangerous In game items. These Flight Suits are for use with the PC version of Elite Dangerous ONLY."

I thought as much, consoles have a different thingie, so don't mind the text.

Brilliant! Thanks a lot FDev! :-)

...Can I get a Pink flight suit now please?

Originally Posted by CMDR Percivus Keenblade View Post (Source)

"Elite Dangerous In game items. These Flight Suits are for use with the PC version of Elite Dangerous ONLY."
    I think that's EXACTLY why he intends to link it to the console plebs.

*evil laugh*

Originally Posted by GW42 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Ed - "purchased".

I can also see that it's a way to drive engagement generally, whether with the store, forum, etc...

Whatever the reasons, personally it would be nice to have some indication from FD as to why they're choosing this method rather than simply making it available to all players that meet the criteria. The game clearly knows who bought horizons and is therefore eligible - you can't land otherwise!

I'm not sure what else they're doing to publicise availability, but if just the forum then only a small % of players will ever become aware. Even if you include social media, reddit etc... it may still be a fraction of players who bought Horizons.

I guess an in-game message could be accused of breaking immersion, but I'd prefer that over people not being aware at all (and could be dressed up in suitable language which iirc they've done in the past. I have a vague memory of Galnet posts about shipmakers changing internal layouts of ships in response to customer demand to explain module slot changes??).

Having said all that, I understand this isn't time limited and is unexpected free stuff, so fair play to FD on that front
    Why these suits are made by in game companies . They advertised the graphics card competition as a mission. And every one will get the message. But hey that would be a good idea.

13. This is the last staff post in this thread. #28
    Originally Posted by GW42 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Ed - "purchased".

/snip

/snip
    Further communication will be made to increase visibility, we're simply staggering it so that the store doesn't buckle too much when everyone arrives at once.

Originally Posted by CMDR Percivus Keenblade View Post (Source)

Console players can pick these up from their respective stores for 0 Frontier points. Purchasing from the Frontier Store link will only work for PC players. The FAQ has been updated to clarify this.

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Thanks, I guess. Gift horse and all that, but nothing in my size or style, so I'll pass.

Now, how about a Red Ignition paintjob for the Vulture? Or at least a Predator pack?
    I like your name. I'm a fan of 'Grunts', great book!
    Frontier Customer Support Team

Have you checked our FAQ? Need to open a Ticket? Please visit our support page!

Military blue looks good inside my lamborpython.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast