Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: New Free Military Flight Suits for all Elite Dangerous: Horizons Commanders

Originally Posted by Support-Atom View Post (Source)
    Purchasing from the Frontier Store link will only work for PC players. The FAQ has been updated to clarify this.
    If I purchase this using my combined Windows/macOS account, I assume they will show up in macOS if I apply them in Windows?
    'Once OS X has been updated to support OpenGL compute shaders, or other technical options are available to us, we will certainly be very keen on supporting that platform.'

Originally Posted by amigacooke View Post (Source)
    If I purchase this using my combined Windows/macOS account, I assume they will show up in macOS if I apply them in Windows?
    It's the same account, so should be no issues. But isn't holo-me horizons only?

Originally Posted by GW42 View Post (Source)
    Thanks Ed - "purchased".

I can also see that it's a way to drive engagement generally, whether with the store, forum, etc...

Whatever the reasons, personally it would be nice to have some indication from FD as to why they're choosing this method rather than simply making it available to all players that meet the criteria. The game clearly knows who bought horizons and is therefore eligible - you can't land otherwise!

I'm not sure what else they're doing to publicise availability, but if just the forum then only a small % of players will ever become aware. Even if you include social media, reddit etc... it may still be a fraction of players who bought Horizons.

I guess an in-game message could be accused of breaking immersion, but I'd prefer that over people not being aware at all (and could be dressed up in suitable language which iirc they've done in the past. I have a vague memory of Galnet posts about shipmakers changing internal layouts of ships in response to customer demand to explain module slot changes??).

Having said all that, I understand this isn't time limited and is unexpected free stuff, so fair play to FD on that front

Because computer aren't that clever

worth a read https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/t...l-a-true-story

Cheers Ed. Not only have I grabbed them, but I also decided to buy other cosmetic stuff and support the ED cause.

Originally Posted by Sir T.j View Post (Source)
    Ohhh nice...**stampedes off to store**
    *joins the stampede'
    "aliens, wasn't that a meme?"
    dont confuse me for staff.... please?
    Xbox Gamer and Mixer streamer

http://www.mixer.com/son_of_khzvoltz

Thats great ! Thanks

Well when payment came up I saw I had a few quid in my steam wallet so got the Imp name plates whilst I was there.

Whats military about the suits ? I dont see it.
    Elite | Elite | Elite |Semi Pro
    King- Allied|Admiral- Allied|Alliance - Friendly
    All ships | 3110 Mil Assets

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3,
    MSI Z97 Gaming 7,
    16GB RAM,
    Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX 1080,
    2x Crucial 256GB MX100 SSD,
    Samsung 120GB 840 Evo SSD,
    Enermax Revolution87+ 850W,
    Coolermaster HAF xb-Cube Evo,
    Noctua NH14S

I love free stuff so thank you for the suits, I was just looking down last night and thinking I need a new outfit the current one is so 3300.

Thank you Frontier . Order placed.
    "Foxtrott-Romeo-Alpha" - CMDR Francis G. Blackly - Soldier of Fortune since 3270
    Pilot of the Asp Explorer
    "DSE Cayetano Valdès" <- Click for Coriolis Data
    Be a commander, fly a spaceship, live the adventure.

I just bought Horizons on PC (I'm an Xbox player) so I could use this on PC, so, this kind of marketing does work.
    The Order of Mobius
    Elite Explorer, Tycoon trader, Expert fighter and mellow friend.

Originally Posted by Edward Lewis View Post (Source)
    Hi everyone,

Much like we did with the free Powerplay decals you can now get a free Military Flight Suit Pack from our store, too!

http://i.imgur.com/Fk2VWrP.jpg

Any questions about how to download them, take a look in the support link here.

Thanks
    Very cool, thanks guys!
    CMDR Guywired: XBL / Twitter / Port: Walker City / Anaconda: Void Breaker / Python: Astral Queen

Originally Posted by Support-Atom View Post (Source)
    Further communication will be made to increase visibility, we're simply staggering it so that the store doesn't buckle too much when everyone arrives at once.

Console players can pick these up from their respective stores for 0 Frontier points. Purchasing from the Frontier Store link will only work for PC players. The FAQ has been updated to clarify this.

I like your name. I'm a fan of 'Grunts', great book!
    Hm. The Steam Store doesn't let me buy it if it's the only item in the cart. I can't even proceed to payment?

EDIT: FWIW, both (?) Steam stores (steam.elitedangerous.com and digitalstore.whatever, the thing you can access ingame via livery) don't let me buy something priced at 0.00 EUR. Luckily, the main Frontier Store skips the payment options in such a case, so you don't have to provide credit card info or Paypal data and can just download the items from there. That's what I did. Still like my shiny Ascendant Blue suit better, and so does my wife

O7,

CMDR The Lawful | Elite Noob.

Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    It's the same account, so should be no issues. But isn't holo-me horizons only?
    Access to it is yes, but my holo-me commander sits happily in the cockpit when I'm using the macOS version (which I use most of the time).
    'Once OS X has been updated to support OpenGL compute shaders, or other technical options are available to us, we will certainly be very keen on supporting that platform.'

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast