Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Elite Dangerous: Premonition Out Now

1. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #1

Elite Dangerous: Premonition Out Now

Greetings Commanders,

Premonition, the official Elite Dangerous book, by Drew Wagar is out now.

https://www.frontierstore.net/books/...ion-ebook.html

Here's a quick description of the book

"The legacy of a centuries-old mystery.
    Disturbing encounters with unknown ships.

Three great superpowers manoeuvre against each other. But are their destinies their own, or are they merely the puppets of some greater power?

Since the loss of the Prism system in 3300, Lady Kahina Tijani Loren has operated on the fringes of Imperial society. Led by clues from a woman once thought dead, she is drawn into a conspiracy at the heart of humanity. To uncover the truth she must contend with dangerous enemies, navigate murky political waters, and – with the help of her friends – uncover the secret of the Formidine Rift."

Head over to the store and download the book now, for only £4.99.

Yay thanks Ed
    SCIENCE.

I don't quite understand why you would call a book "Premonition" when it was written after the events actually happened.

Strange.

Originally Posted by Rob At Work View Post (Source)
    I don't quite understand why you would call a book "Premonition" when it was written after the events actually happened.

Strange.
    Pretty sure it's a premonition about the return.

Will it be available in paperback?
    Windows 10 (64 bit) 32 GB Memory CPU i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz GTX 1080 Ti Founders Edition HTC VIVE

7. This is the last staff post in this thread. #7
    Originally Posted by Heater View Post (Source)
    Will it be available in paperback?
    There will be, but currently we don't have an ETA on when it will be available. More news will follow on this.
    Totally not a Thargoid sympathiser and/or servant. Honest.

Imperial, opulent, and endlessly rubbish with landing pads. :/

I'm having a premonition .. that this will be a really good read.
    I will though, none the less, get my coat.

If we wanted to put all the e-books into a timeline which one would be first, 2nd, 3rd..? And how they relate with the E: D game and its seasons? This would help me a lot to choose which one to buy and read 1st, 2nd 3rd etc..

Too bad we're already spoiled about the ending... but otherwise I am looking forward to read the printed book.
    Griefing harmless NPC Sidewinders since 3301.

Originally Posted by Spacemarkl View Post (Source)
    Too bad we're already spoiled about the ending... but otherwise I am looking forward to read the printed book.
    Ah, but when they make the film, it might have a different ending
    'Once OS X has been updated to support OpenGL compute shaders, or other technical options are available to us, we will certainly be very keen on supporting that platform.'

I hope there's an audiobook eventually, too. The audio book for Reclamation was well put together.

Originally Posted by neutronium View Post (Source)
    If we wanted to put all the e-books into a timeline which one would be first, 2nd, 3rd..? And how they relate with the E: D game and its seasons? This would help me a lot to choose which one to buy and read 1st, 2nd 3rd etc..
    The original ebooks do not need to be read sequentially, they are independent books in the same universe. Most are set in an around 3300, with one or two set earlier in the ED timeline. The 'Tales from the Frontier' has a few historical short stories much earlier on.

Obviously Premonition is a sequel to Reclamation. Reclamation was set in 3299-3301, with Premonition covering events in 3302-3303.

Cheers,

Drew.
    • Drew wrote Elite: Reclamation during 2013 and the new official Elite Dangerous novel Premonition during 2017 •

WebsiteFacebookTwitter

• Drew no longer regularly posts on this forum, but if you're looking for an answer you're are welcome to contact him via PM or via his website should you wish to do so •

TBH I haven't followed the lore at all, but I love how Drew interacts with the community.
    Showing my support by buying a copy, I'm pretty sure I get the time to sit down and enjoy it between all the thing going on in real life.
    Thank you for your dedication, Drew.
    Sincerely, Cmdr John Stoutbeard.
    Member of the Canonn Interstellar Resource Group
    Youtube :: UA-Wiki
    Twitch :: http://www.twitch.tv/panzertard | Youtube Gaming :: Live

I would love a hardback copy for the shelf and an MP3 copy for my iThing, as I have for Reclamation, but I understand the economics may not make the audiobook possible. Maybe time for a Kickstarter?

Asus Sabertooth Z87 | i7-4770K 4.3GHz H100i OC | 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC12800 | GeForce GTX 780Ti 3GB | Realtek ALC1150

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast