Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 130

Thread: Assault on Sirius Corporation

  1. #16
    I salute everyone breathing life into this game. However, RPing a nut job is one thing, but mixing in real life saltiness taints the whole endevour.

  2. #17
    Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    Tell me you are being sarcastic, and not serious?



    Oh lord, you are serious. Use Solo/ PG. Problem solved; they can't blockade either.



    Game on, this is perfectly valid play. Rather than being offended that someone else's RP is insulting your RP, or sense of morals; why not have some fun and get involved? No? Right then - Solo or PG. Fly safe!
    OK who I say that I will use your words : https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showth...-vs-PvP-Piracy

    "It's a part of the game; and so much like any other part of the game, it would be good to see improvements. Piracy is complicated; it's morally challenging and yet can be quite rewarding in it's own way, when things work out. The problem is, things don't work out often enough that it's caused a lot of damage. For, imho, far too long. Frontier are, ultimately, responsible here.

    So for me? I'd like to see improvements, because it's part of the fabric of the game, and really should be a more workable experience. Karma could actually be a very positive step here; but I think making pirates essentially end up the same as motive-less ganking, isn't the best solution. Instead, improving the experience would result in a far more positive outcomes. "

    When a campaign like this is launched and promoted by groups of players people are harmed more than normal.

  3. #18
    Originally Posted by 4gui4 View Post (Source)
    OK who I say that I will use your words.
    It would appear you have used my words, but not understood them in the slightest; I'm all for improvements to the game, not getting offending that people are grouping up to achieve some goal in Open.

    Note: this is in general; I have no problem with groups doing things in Open, anymore than I do with groups doing things in PG. Because if you're going to get offended at one, you really should be offended at the other. Which to me seems just an awful waste of effort and angst for nothing.

  4. #19
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    Maybe, after realizing that you and others cannot get the Sirius Permit, you too will want to join my crusade
    I stopped reading here.

    Already got a Sirius permit. There was quite a bit of gameplay involved.

  5. #20
    Originally Posted by TheNavvie View Post (Source)
    Already got a Sirius permit. There was quite a bit of gameplay involved.
    Heh, what you call gameplay I call unbelievable grind. Most annoying thing I've ever worked for in my <virtual> life (and I made Major General in Gunship 2000), well that and getting the baron rank for the empire.

  6. #21
    Funny thing is I got my Sirus permit without even knowing aboutt the two systems in question, let alone going into them, being Fed space I stayed out of them and was working for Sirus on the edge of the bubble, but this was a long time ago.

    Also trying to blockade a system in a game that has solo and PG modes always makes me ask what the fudge are these people wasting their time for.

  7. #22
    I got my Sirius permit from one exploration trip, by selling them the data. I only went out about 2500 ly. It took two evening's play time... one to get out there and do some scanning, one to do some more scanning and then come back. I had quite a bit of data left over after I made Allied. And that was before the exploration payout increase.

    Hell, getting modular terminals for Qwent was far more work than getting the permit.

  8. #23
    The really ironic thing is that people whine about grind for permits, but will happily grind away at RNGineering in the hopes that they'll beat the House and win big.

  9. #24
    Originally Posted by Rankaze View Post (Source)
    I got my Sirius permit from one exploration trip, by selling them the data. I only went out about 2500 ly...
    Hell, getting modular terminals for Qwent was far more work than getting the permit.
    Yea, wish I'd realised at the time that exploration data ups your rep, could'a done the 5k LY trip for Palin at the same time - which I've still to do, furthest I made was out to the Orion nebula (always wanted to visit there so thanks Fdev), waiting for 3.0 to make exploration more interesting before attempting to journey out into the black again (on VR so can't watch Netflix whilst playing).

  10. #25
    To OP: Bla, Blala, Blaaaaa! BLAAAA!




  11. #26
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    ....
    So Now that we have all of this out of the way, I want to clarify that I mean to continue, my group means to continue. Either until Frontier Developments steps in, or I am proven wrong with legitimate in game lore. Continue to blockade Procyon, Continue to lockdown systems. We've already had minor success in the area of UA Bombing targets, and will continue to do so until they are completely shut off.

    DISCLAIMER: (because some of you dummies need one) THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO DO THE BACKGROUND SIMULATION....


    Cute.

    You do realize, though, that by attempting to shut down Sirius Corp., you are in fact "doing the Background Simulation"?

    As far as I know, Cartographics and Contacts stay open even in lockdown. As for blockading even one station - the timestamp of your post tells me that you are likely in the US (time zone), so you'll probably never even see me in the game. If you do, well, you'll most likely only see my rocket exhaust as I boost past you

    Pity we can't have bumper stickers - "I don't brake for anybody"

  12. #27
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    Hello fellow CMDRs
    I give you some good news, ....
    ...<long tirade at nothing>
    I'm enjoying working towards getting the Sirus permit, it gives me the impetus to do a variety of mission types that I'd otherwise discount or go for the easier options.
    Looks like I'l be back to exploration and handing in bounties (in solo, where your "protest" has zero effect on me).
    Hopefully you and your little chums will get bored soon and go back to hassling other children in animal crossing or whatever.

  13. #28
    I normally don't get involved in the politics generated in a game to getting the devs' attention to an issue they have in fact created -- I usually go at the devs directly instead. I get to see those repercussions in my actions with updates reading like this:



    However, when this came to my attention when a fellow gamer and Privateers Alliance Member was told about the blockade, I decided on doing a little research and came across this. Good luck in getting their attention to this. As I call Newholm Station my home-away-from-home, I'll support your actions by simply diverting my ship to other Federation Locations and when time permits will address the devs directly.

    Hear that Devs? Start the egg-timer. I'll be sure to address you directly on the salt you passive-aggressively commented during a recent update.

  14. #29
    Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    It would appear you have used my words, but not understood them in the slightest; I'm all for improvements to the game, not getting offending that people are grouping up to achieve some goal in Open.

    Note: this is in general; I have no problem with groups doing things in Open, anymore than I do with groups doing things in PG. Because if you're going to get offended at one, you really should be offended at the other. Which to me seems just an awful waste of effort and angst for nothing.
    It is even better, he was killed by Operation Sirius Business which I have been helping with the blockade. Everyone we run into, we give warnings to "leave the system or be fired upon" (granted, he may have run into someone who was more trigger happy, who knows).

    It is hardly a gank fest down there.

    Hell, we have also been telling people who are there grinding Fed rank other systems they can go to instead.

    And... Any of the Privateers blockaders check Asps, DBXs, Anacondas to see if they are equipped with Advanced Discovery and Detailed Surface scanners, ie an explorer. If you are outfitted with those you won't be killed no matter what.

  15. #30
    Originally Posted by xzanfr View Post (Source)
    I'm enjoying working towards getting the Sirus permit, it gives me the impetus to do a variety of mission types that I'd otherwise discount or go for the easier options.
    I got my Sirius permit the other week & like you I found it good fun. Single hop passanger missions gave good rep along with planetary scan missions, Throw in some data delivery & the odd pirate assassination. Like you say it gives you a chance to do different mission you would otherwise pass by.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast