Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 139

Thread: Assault on Sirius Corporation

  1. #31
    Originally Posted by Franc Kaos View Post (Source)
    Heh, what you call gameplay I call unbelievable grind. Most annoying thing I've ever worked for in my <virtual> life (and I made Major General in Gunship 2000), well that and getting the baron rank for the empire.
    Ah, Gunship 2000.. now that was a game. :-)

    I don't try and rush the things everyone says are a grind. Yeah, getting Sirius permit was an aim, but I was doing other things at the same time.

  2. #32
    The Imperial Courier is so fast, even the hyperspace tunnel can't keep up with her. Enhanced Performance Thrusters and DD5 are hilariously fun. She can do the Coriolis run in less than 8 secs.

  3. #33
    I've just got the Sirius permit and now collected enough modular terminals to satisfy Marco. I'm not sure what the complaint is here: doing different kinds of missions, getting to know the Luyten's and Procyon systems, visiting Sothis and doing long-range deliveries back from there, getting a bit of Federation rank at the same time, trogging all the way back to Sothis just to pay off a small fine because one of the deliveries was late... all this has been engaging game-play. I wish all engineer unlockings were this much fun.

  4. #34
    Looks like they've thrown in their lot with The Mad Bomber. He was with Sirius once.
    "No greater fury than a UA Bomber scorned."

    It just seems like dodgy post-hoc justification. They want to run a UA Bombing campaign, and so hang a shifting laundry list of demands. In and out of role play, "Sirius is a shadowy organization", "the greater good of the game", "we're in it for the salt". These reasons are not compatible with each other.

    The truth is that UA bombing is fun.
    The problem is that it is extremely hard to justify.
    The SDC homeworld is a constant target.
    The Diamond Frogs made some enemies.

    But the declared targets of The Mad Bomber and his new friends.
    * Jaques. Yep, hauling UAs out to Colonia "for story line purposes"
    * The in-game memorial to Carrie (Princess Leia) Fischer.
    and lesser targets like Hamilton Gateway.

    And now they target Sirius. 15% discount on ships. Permit you must have for G5 Dirties. (I got mine, they rock)

    There are very few legitimate targets to UA bomb.

    I don't see Sirius as a legitimate target.

  5. #35
    Originally Posted by AcademicDust894 View Post (Source)
    I got my Sirius permit the other week & like you I found it good fun. Single hop passanger missions gave good rep along with planetary scan missions, Throw in some data delivery & the odd pirate assassination. Like you say it gives you a chance to do different mission you would otherwise pass by.
    Thanks for the reminder about passenger missions - i'd totally forgotten about them - it also sounds like a fun excuse for outfitting a new ship

  6. #36
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    Hello fellow CMDRs

    I give you some good news, and a bit of cmdr to cmdr politics today. As of Monday, a group calling themselves Operation Sirius Business has leapt on board with quite a few people to assault Sirius Corp. This means, they will be sabotaging Sothis to all of your pleasures I am sure. Though, the initial reddit post has been deleted, and the poster deleted his account as well, You can probably find DJTruthSayer and get an invite. However, I do encourage you to join Ghosts of Col 70 instead. Why? Because we are not concerned about the populace of the galaxy, as the Operaion Sirius Business gladly ferry's people to Procyon, despite the Ghosts current call for a Blockade of the region. Sirius Business intends to just work the system. Let you get your sirius permits and such. While I, a Pirate of sorts, Do not find this very "Fun" and would much rather laugh in the face of your despair as you try and fail to unlock the Sirius Permit! (As much hate and salt mining as I will get for this.) Maybe then, You'll ask why I am doing this.

    Maybe, after realizing that you and others cannot get the Sirius Permit, you too will want to join my crusade for not only for lore, but out of protest of permits as a whole. Think about it, The only purpose ANY permit to ANY system ever serves is a time sink or a locked gate. There is zero actual gameplay behind why they are there, just some very fanciful lore that makes it ever so convenient to have them. One would expect that upon beating this Time Sink, you would be rewarded for your hard work. When in reality, you'll be laugh at and mocked for the very normal system you will be presented with. Sirius unlocks Palin in a roundabout way sure, but Qwent is most definately the worst engineer out of the bunch, if ANY piece of content should be gated behind a blatant time sink such as the Sirius Permit, then they should remove the Sirius Permit, move Palin somewhere else, and put her behind a permit!

    Now, lets continue on before I go on a Rant about permits. As you may have known, if you read reddit or this forum, Iv been actively trying to recruit people to join my cause against Sirius Corporation. Iv tried lore and RP, Iv tried just simply asking nicely. Yet, I have failed in most cases to drum up not much else but your salt. HOWEVER, Today! Today is a good day for the Ghosts, as we have begun our bombing and lockout campaigns.

    Let it be known that, even if DJTruthSayer and Sirius Business Gang say that a system known to harbor Sirius Corp is a "Safe Zone" to them, I will target it. No system of Sirius Corps is safe!

    Before in the past people have asked me for evidence, So from here on out, I will do just that and provide you with evidence of my claims. Sirius Corp is the galaxies Villians, and they surely brought on the Thargoid Incursion upon us!
    This is not just a Salome/Kahina plot line, this was not just a Drew Wagnar cooked up story, Sirius Corporation, and the Premonition Books, are a Prequel to the events to come, which I believe the Federation, Empire, and Sirius Corp will take center stage alongside the Thargoids.

    1. Here is the wiki that provides lore on Sirius Corporation: http://elite-dangerous.wikia.com/wik...us_Corporation
    One you'll note that based on the sources and information provided here, the author of the article is correct in assuming that Sirius Corporation is the biggest, most powerful, and influential corporation in the galaxy.

    2. This document here, will help to clarify a LOT of my source material: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...oRLJiGvk/edit#

    3. If you note the chart at the very last part. Figure 1. Zoming in to 200% you'll see JUST how big Sirius Corporation really is. The worst part is, Sirius has ties to every company who makes ships. Either through a subsidary company like Wreaken Construction, or a direct customer to Sirius Corporation. Sirius Corp has a direct monopoly of ships being produced FOR the Federation AND Empire, as well as the Alliance.

    4. Even SiriusGov and LYR is a bid at what they call "Population Management." Call me a Tinfoiler, call me a conspiracy theorist, but all of this looks very much like FDev is setting up Sirius Corporation to be the big bad evil menace of the galaxy moving forward!

    5. Meta Drive Tech Speculations: https://inara.cz/galaxy-galnet/37/

    So Now that we have all of this out of the way, I want to clarify that I mean to continue, my group means to continue. Either until Frontier Developments steps in, or I am proven wrong with legitimate in game lore. Continue to blockade Procyon, Continue to lockdown systems. We've already had minor success in the area of UA Bombing targets, and will continue to do so until they are completely shut off.

    DISCLAIMER: (because some of you dummies need one) THIS IS NOT AN ATTEMPT TO DO THE BACKGROUND SIMULATION. I DO NOT INTEND TO WORK THE BACKGROUND SIMULATION. I WILL NOT BE TURNING IN MISSIONS TO DO THE BACKGROUND SIMULATION. YES, I DO NOT WANT YOU TO GET ACCESS TO SIRIUS. AS I HATE PERMITS AND CONSIDER IT A PROTEST UNTIL FDEV GIVES US ACTUAL REWARDS FOR HAVING THEM! DONT LIKE IT? THEN OPPOSE US, DONT JUST BE A FORUM WARRIOR! NO WE ARE NOT GRIEFERS BECAUSE THERE ARE LEGIT THINGS YOU CAN DO TO COUNTERACT ANYTHING ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS ME WILL DO.
    I thought the Great Wall was a new-ish movie, now I know different.

    Cant read all that sorry, it hurts us, it hurts us!

    CMIV

  7. #37
    hmm where to put this 760t of MA...?

  8. #38
    Yeah, yeah.

    Just another "I don't like the way FD have designed this game so I'm going to try to screw it up for everyone else."

    Please OP, go throw your rattle out of the pram somewhere else.

  9. #39
    Originally Posted by MarkAusten View Post (Source)
    Yeah, yeah.

    Just another "I don't like the way FD have designed this game so I'm going to try to screw it up for everyone else."

    Please OP, go throw your rattle out of the pram somewhere else.
    To be fair I think the OP is trying to avoid going down that road. Or at least not as far as previous similar events.

  10. #40
    Originally Posted by Valethar View Post (Source)
    The really ironic thing is that people whine about grind for permits, but will happily grind away at RNGineering in the hopes that they'll beat the House and win big.
    I do neither. I never asked for engineer patch. Iv said before that is the worst patch of the game.

    Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    To be fair I think the OP is trying to avoid going down that road. Or at least not as far as previous similar events.
    You would be correct, I'm more about the attention to the cause. Eventually people will know who I am and what I want. We are small to 100%,keep you from getting the permit

  11. #41
    Originally Posted by DNA-Decay View Post (Source)
    Looks like they've thrown in their lot with The Mad Bomber. He was with Sirius once.
    "No greater fury than a UA Bomber scorned."

    It just seems like dodgy post-hoc justification. They want to run a UA Bombing campaign, and so hang a shifting laundry list of demands. In and out of role play, "Sirius is a shadowy organization", "the greater good of the game", "we're in it for the salt". These reasons are not compatible with each other.

    The truth is that UA bombing is fun.
    The problem is that it is extremely hard to justify.
    The SDC homeworld is a constant target.
    The Diamond Frogs made some enemies.

    But the declared targets of The Mad Bomber and his new friends.
    * Jaques. Yep, hauling UAs out to Colonia "for story line purposes"
    * The in-game memorial to Carrie (Princess Leia) Fischer.
    and lesser targets like Hamilton Gateway.

    And now they target Sirius. 15% discount on ships. Permit you must have for G5 Dirties. (I got mine, they rock)

    There are very few legitimate targets to UA bomb.

    I don't see Sirius as a legitimate target.
    Is for storyline purposes.

  12. #42
    Watch up for planetary missions though - The kamikaze skimmer thing got my Orca this morning.

    Well I presume that was what it was - just about to land and got blown out of existence, never even saw what happened

  13. #43
    Originally Posted by Phil JMac View Post (Source)
    Watch up for planetary missions though - The kamikaze skimmer thing got my Orca this morning.

    Well I presume that was what it was - just about to land and got blown out of existence, never even saw what happened
    Sorry for your loss, but you should realize that systems Sirius is in are not safe!

    I'm really hoping to get a cg going eventually.

  14. #44
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    Sorry for your loss, but you should realize that systems Sirius is in are not safe!

    I'm really hoping to get a cg going eventually.
    nope wasn't Sirius..


    just a random system with dirty skimmers



    you go pal, do your thing.......

  15. #45
    I hate seeing even more people being pushed into solo and pg because of clueless angry for no reason players.

    Also, doesn't this affect solo and pg also if it blocks the engineers path?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast