Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 61 to 73 of 73

Thread: Assault on Sirius Corporation

  1. #61
    Originally Posted by Gol Senz View Post (Source)
    As Quantis Trap mentioned, this would also affect those of us who play primarily in Solo and PG, and that is equally annoying. You're simply creating more of a headache to those seeking the Sirius permit and access to Professor Palin, who is a critical engineer
    It's almost like that's their whole reason or something, to annoy solo/pg players since they can't shoot them.

  2. #62
    Serious business
    ****************
    Commander Doookie Shoes
    Xbox One: Doookie Shoes


  3. #63
    Originally Posted by Histarium View Post (Source)
    I'm not clueless or angry. Did you even bother looking at my sources? My actions are based on lore that fdev themselves have created for Sirius.
    After doing quite a bit of research through the Galnet Archives I can confirm that the devs started this path back in January with Marco Qwent and his commodities requirements since the time of the first encounters of the Thargoids.

    My issue is that it has been a continued Modus Operandi of the fdevs that whenever something is going to be needed later in the game, the source of the blockage towards easier conditions for the requirements of an upcoming challenge they -- or their PR writer -- typically have the roleplay end in "No Comment" from the source(s). While this might work once or twice, after three times this isn't going to create the necessary immersion but instead will have the same immersion-breaking elements seen with Diabolus ex Machina.

    This seems especially true of immersion breaking given that in recent years, politicians would prefer to comment in some way; be it vague or an outright lie instead of taking the neutral stance of "no comment". If it's this way in the 21st century, I would think in the 34th they would be even more blatant than noncommittal.

  4. #64
    Originally Posted by 4gui4 View Post (Source)
    I was notified of offending the rules of the Forum in this Thread.

    My apologies to Cmdr Histarium
    Apology accepted, though I don't know what you did. Ignorance is bliss.

  5. #65
    Originally Posted by MBaldelli View Post (Source)
    After doing quite a bit of research through the Galnet Archives I can confirm that the devs started this path back in January with Marco Qwent and his commodities requirements since the time of the first encounters of the Thargoids.

    My issue is that it has been a continued Modus Operandi of the fdevs that whenever something is going to be needed later in the game, the source of the blockage towards easier conditions for the requirements of an upcoming challenge they -- or their PR writer -- typically have the roleplay end in "No Comment" from the source(s). While this might work once or twice, after three times this isn't going to create the necessary immersion but instead will have the same immersion-breaking elements seen with Diabolus ex Machina.

    This seems especially true of immersion breaking given that in recent years, politicians would prefer to comment in some way; be it vague or an outright lie instead of taking the neutral stance of "no comment". If it's this way in the 21st century, I would think in the 34th they would be even more blatant than noncommittal.
    Your right and I would very much like them to write a statement. Or allow someone, player, to make that statement up for them. They just need their in house writers to do a bit of writing...

    If fdev would give me and others a response, I found gladly throw some money their way in the way of their cash shop.

  6. #66

  7. #67
    Originally Posted by Doookie Shoes View Post (Source)
    Serious business
    "Sirius business", surely?

    Missed an open goal there.

  8. #68
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    "Sirius business", surely?
    That pun is already claimed by the other anti-Sirius campaign: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...s_an_overview/

  9. #69
    Originally Posted by Cmdr-Wotherspoon View Post (Source)
    That pun is already claimed by the other anti-Sirius campaign: https://www.reddit.com/r/EliteDanger...s_an_overview/
    There is no exclusivity.
    It is an asymetrical conflict, with multiple groups involved on few targets. Sirius is one of them.

  10. #70
    Also...

    Did the OP do this AFTER they got the permit?

  11. #71
    Originally Posted by deckroid View Post (Source)
    Also...

    Did the OP do this AFTER they got the permit?
    What do you think? Prolly a sol permit and others too. Kinda makes the whole rant moot eh?
    Like a mushroom cloud in the sky.
    I felt my world start, waving goodbye.
    Radiating thru and thru. Baby: It's just you.

  12. #72
    Originally Posted by deckroid View Post (Source)
    Also...

    Did the OP do this AFTER they got the permit?
    Yeah, permits should be cancelled if you become neutral or lower.
    WANTED CRIMINAL Limoncello Lizard
    CAPITAL CRIMES Loitering, Onion Head Smuggling, Overdue Library Book
    CRIMINAL ASSOCIATES Borasetani Syndicate, Brotherhood of Terra Matter, Chapter of Isinor, Conservatives of Tiliala, Crom Silver Boys, Defence Party of Nastrond, Dukes of Jotun, Gilya Law Party, HIP 118311 Posse, Hodack Prison, LTT 198 Order, Luyten 347-14 Prison, Peregrina Aristocrats, Pi Mensae Brotherhood, Sacra Oculus, Sirius Corp, Sublime Order of Van Maanen's Star

  13. #73
    Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    "Sirius business", surely?
    Originally Posted by Cmdr-Wotherspoon View Post (Source)
    That pun is already claimed by the other anti-Sirius campaign
    ... and don't call him Shirley.
    A new life awaits you in the offworld colonies. The chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345