Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Assault on Sirius Corporation

Originally Posted by thirstyfish View Post (Source)
    You want to spit hairs? Fine.
    Just following your example.
    Duchess Commander Crank Larson

Twitch | YouTube

Getting involved is not the same as pointing out stupidity. I refuse the former and happily embrace the latter.
    stop outing yourelf
    ⚔ JOIN THE EMPIRE ⚔
    ☣ RETRIBUTION IS AT HAND
    LET FURY GUIDE YOUR WEAPONS LET VENGEANCE BE YOUR SONG ☣

But a small group of players locking others out of game content is also a no go. A handful of players keeping all the others from the Sirius permit and the engineer that is in that system isn't "content." It's an exploit. If push comes to shove, FD can and just might make a fix. So-called "emergent content" like this can bite me. I like this game. You don't get to decide if this game is or isn't for me.
    So band together with like-minded soulsd and make a stand against this "handful of players" So many times I see peopel complainign about things achieved by players that have organised and coordinated in-game to achieve things yet the oners complaining simply sit back and expect FDev to "eus-ex-machina" solve their problems for them somehow...It's an IN-GALAXY problem for you, deal with it IN-GALAXY_____________If anything, this sort of action lends itself to even more reason to join uo with, coordinate, agree and cooperate with OTHER PLAYERS, rather than seek ways to alienate and confliuct with others who may not have opposing opinion on the matter at-hand.

Originally Posted by Pope 138 View Post (Source)
    Griefers would show no mercy. Sirius Business is leaving us Procyon, so I don't think they can be considered griefers.
    But you bring up a good point about Sirius defending itself. It would be cool if FD gave us a more robust SDF presence and an increase in bounty/assassin missions in these systems when players work the BGS like this.
    As someone who appreciates PvP, I would LOVE this

Wing Leader of Privateer's Alliance, an Elite ranked Player Group
    Twitch Streamer Exploring all aspects of Elite http://twitch.tv/ph1lt0r

Sirius is down right evil. They sort of had this coming after i read the book.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Sirius Business to help the Sirius faction to prosper and expand? Get them into other systems, control more stations and outposts?
    This would give players seeking to raise their Sirius rep more places to pick up missions, dump exploration data and hand in combat bonds.

Recently finished Premenition.

It seems to me that the OP is largely correct that Sirius is linked to everything, however it seems likely that all of this and the manipulation of those interests (metadrive,wreaken etc.) is to prepare humanity to face the thargoids and reduce the chances of humanity being destroyed. I.E. Sirius is working with both Empire and Federation to build the best weapons and ships so that humanity may survive. (Aka. the good of all mankind)

Now it occurs to me that if Sirius is weakened, humanity (and players) might not have the equipment required to fight the alien invasion (which seems likely to occur).

It was apparently all being kept quiet because of the panic that knowledge of aliens would lead to, now the existence of Thargoids is publically known in ED the "conspiracy" seems less important.

Just my 2p

Originally Posted by Archduke View Post (Source)
    So band together with like-minded soulsd and make a stand against this "handful of players" So many times I see peopel complainign about things achieved by players that have organised and coordinated in-game to achieve things yet the oners complaining simply sit back and expect FDev to "eus-ex-machina" solve their problems for them somehow...It's an IN-GALAXY problem for you, deal with it IN-GALAXY_____________If anything, this sort of action lends itself to even more reason to join uo with, coordinate, agree and cooperate with OTHER PLAYERS, rather than seek ways to alienate and confliuct with others who may not have opposing opinion on the matter at-hand.
    Would it kill you to read some other things I have written on this thread? It isn't an in-game issue for me. I have my permit already. Merely pointing out that FD could easily render all of this "work" futile with just some keystrokes. And that they have no reason to change the permit system (if you read the OP, you would know about this aspect) because a dozen or so players are having a tantrum.

I am simply not that invested, but its people like you that keep me coming back to this thread. Its fun to see you guys try to get me to do things that I have no interest in doing. "Work with others." "Fight them with the BGS." Etc.

What you fail to grasp is the simple fact that I have already stated that forum posts are going to be the extent of my "involvement" here. Sometimes I just feel the need to stir the pot and play devil's advocate. Talk may be cheap, but silence is expensive.

Besides, I am a pragmatist at heart. I don't see the need to "attack" a faction when it is far more profitable to use them. Don't burn a bridge you might have to cross later.

If Sirius Permit is a grid to you, then you are in for more grind on a much higher Level in other parts of the game. I had lesser fun while grinding the higher Fed and Imp ranks, but I could have done better to get through it while having fun.

If you don't like it, try to make it fun by adding some RP, you seem good at it. Works also when you are asked to tidy your room
    Zorgon Peterson Foxtrot Romeo India over o7

My Explorer Profile on EDSM

Originally Posted by CMDR Endincite View Post (Source)
    BGS tools to bring down a faction are few, while BGS tools to boost them should you so choose are plentiful.
    As mentioned already elsewhere, there's one tool that needs to be revisited because it's completely out of bounds in means of it's detrimental effect on any MF out there - Security ship killing.

The Hutton Truckers had been hit with that unbalanced *feature* at the beginning of this year, and 2.3 was said to make it easier for to fight back impending Lockdowns through these actions. Maybe the intend was good, and perhaps something had changed to the better, but in the end it still needs to be worked on.

Mass slaughtering the Security in any System drives down the influence to rock-bottom in no time, the smaller the System the higher the drop. We've had drops of 25% within 24h.

And as we all know this game is based on transactions. How do you plan to counter a Wing of people sitting in an instance with constantly respawning Security ships? 1 ship kill = 1 negative transaction. You'd need to turn in 1 bounty voucher to counter it, requiring you to go into a RES site, kill a ship, fly back, turn in.

Now, unless said RES site is comfortably placed almost on top of a Station, whom you think succeeds in the end?

You can succeed, but the amount of work required and the (wo)manpower to counter only 4 people killing like there's no tomorrow is completely off the hook.

I'm all for people being able to influence the BGS even if they're only one or two, but there needs to be a bedamned limit on how much you can drop a MF.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789