Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2182

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Do we have a ETA on the cure for the beige plague?

Originally Posted by stripealipe View Post (Source)
    Let's face it... this may pages in... no real word at all from the Devs which is pretty poor. You'd think if there was this much chat about it that they'd chime in at least... no exactly on the pulse are they?
    They've responded in this thread several times.

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    So they are

Funneh!
    I knew you had it in you, Ziggy. +1
    Quitting the game to play the forum full time.

Originally Posted by Kerrash View Post (Source)
    Most people posting here just want it fixed yesterday.
    Yeah, the nerve on these people...

It's only been a whole year, calm down people!

I'll admit, if this doesnt get adressed at FDexpo I'm gonna be disgruntled...

I think we're very patient.

Originally Posted by Enderby View Post (Source)
    I think we're very patient.
    Especially, IIRC, it (planet color and variety) was once good, then Frontier broke it, and after which they say they don't know how to fix it... CTRL-Z, anyone?

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    Especially, IIRC, it (planet color and variety) was once good, then Frontier broke it, and after which they say they don't know how to fix it... CTRL-Z, anyone?
    Doesn't work like that, sadly. It would be a massive code change not just to the planetary generation system but to everything that calls it and expects it to be the way it currently is.

Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity

Originally Posted by Kerrash View Post (Source)
    I could quite easily add a considerable amount about how recalculating the shader emission spectra based on the predicted relative abundance of materials in the Milky Way is a hard problem to solve, and that the cost vs. visual improvement is simply not financially viable; but this has been re-iterated ad infinitum throughout this thread in various ways by other people.
    They wouldn't have to do anything that hard to solve the beige problem! ED has never been and is not trying to be a scientific simulator.

Your argument sounds like "We can't have stellar bodies on orbits because solving n-body problem is not financially viable". Well, Cobra engine doesn't solve n-body problem. Yet we have orbits. Why?

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    I want them to progress. The idea they had was sound, but unfortunately badly implemented. The new system has the potential to reflect the planet's material composition in it's colour. Sadly planet appearance doesn't seem to have a high priority so we've been stuck with this for over a year now.

As ever, explorers are useful idiots when FD needs pretty pictures or want to advertise their Stellar Forge. But whenever they have grievances such as this one or lack of exploration features it falls on deaf ears.

But luckily we got a barbie simulator instead. Showing off your new cringeworthy facial tattoos is so much more important than fixing something irrelevant as planets.
    Sits like a man, smiles like a reptile
    CMDR Alad Insane - Exploratory Plonker - Boldy faffing where no man has faffed before

"CTRL-Z" is figurative, LOL, meaning that FDev knows how to deliver interesting, non-beige worlds, because they did it once before. I've even encountered a few very rare interesting worlds in 2.3 (PS4) with a variety of colors, so I have a hard time believing that this is purely a technical issue, but rather a design decision, and that is what should be "undone" IMVHO.

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post (Source)
    I want them to progress. The idea they had was sound, but unfortunately badly implemented. The new system has the potential to reflect the planet's material composition in it's colour. Sadly planet appearance doesn't seem to have a high priority so we've been stuck with this for over a year now.

As ever, explorers are useful idiots when FD needs pretty pictures or want to advertise their Stellar Forge. But whenever they have grievances such as this one or lack of exploration features it falls on deaf ears.

But luckily we got a barbie simulator instead. Showing off your new cringeworthy facial tattoos is so much more important than fixing something irrelevant as planets.
    The best explanation yet for of the "they've answered this already" and "they're working on it" responses as to why this is a big deal to the explorers. I'm on my way back from Beagle and I'm starting question as to whether or not I'll keep exploring because seeing the same fracking planet 2000 times gets old.

I think that the killer feature of ED is the stellar forge. No other game offers a whole realistic 1:1 galaxy to roam in. I mean, it predicted a star system where NASA later discovered one. That's how awesome it is. It is what makes ED unique in the same way that a actual working player economy makes EvE Online unique.

As such I think that the stellar forge, and the general visual art of the galaxy should be a priority item. It should have the sort of attention to detail that the sound design has received. It should just be lush, lush, lush wherever you look. Total eye candy. Every system, every nebula, every vista should leave players slack-jawed with awe.

ED is space pron. That should be emblazoned in big neon letters in the Frontier office.
    I aim to misbehave.

Originally Posted by nexxo View Post (Source)
    I think that the killer feature of ED is the stellar forge. No other game offers a whole realistic 1:1 galaxy to roam in. I mean, it predicted a star system where NASA later discovered one. That's how awesome it is. It is what makes ED unique in the same way that a actual working player economy makes EvE Online unique.

As such I think that the stellar forge, and the general visual art of the galaxy should be a priority item. It should have the sort of attention to detail that the sound design has received. It should just be lush, lush, lush wherever you look. Total eye candy. Every system, every nebula, every vista should leave players slack-jawed with awe.

ED is space pron. That should be emblazoned in big neon letters in the Frontier office.
    Totally agree! Why go to the bother of making such a humungous galaxy and then not making fixing planet colours a priority after they've messed them up?!

It's as if the people who first made the game have now handed it over to some other mob to run.

A whole year and they still have not fixed that nonsense they did. This is already a lack of competence and commitment.

Chasing the goid-dollar now ain't they. Think they think just about everybody is excited about some aliens.

I got ED cos I love astronomy and space and all that. Feel kinda sad that I bought it cos of that and it turns out they don't actually seem to care about that despite making seven hundred gazillion planets for us to visit.

Made a whole galaxy, then focused on shooting stuff...

Page 141 of 146 FirstFirst ... 131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast