Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Originally Posted by nazradu View Post (Source)
    Still the question. 5 hours. Is that normal?
    Lately it's been more like 8 hours, so you WIN 3 hours

Originally Posted by Athan View Post (Source)
    If this genuinely improves matters for anyone then it points to the DNS servers their ISP specifies (and probably runs) having some issue with the necessary host lookups to play ED.
    I've just started reading around this solution - oh my god the amount of shouts of 'snake oil!' there are around it. Point is, though: if it works, it works.

I'm betting the PS4 does something weird with its DNS requests when on auto which fouls up the geo-load balancing or something. Like the first time I enabled Chrome mobile's 'Data Saver' feature and immediately started getting US-targeted web pages

Anyway... drums fingers on desk, waiting impatiently for 5 hours to be up hopefully in 30 minutes because it's not fair!

Sulks... had the morning off to play Elite Dangerous! Good job I have the afternoon off too!

5 hours. Is that normal?
    Well, I don't like to brag ...

Unlike Cmdr Factabulous who's just showing off.

For sure at the spot where the big money comes from. Seems like this is not europe.
    People from europe, buy more stuff!!! Still the question. 5 hours. Is that normal?
    thinking back, as someone who've used to help with NPCs in an mmorpg, Yeah. if there's been new quest tweeks and some other "under the hood" changes to make sure they run better, you will have to actively kick everyone off. After that, you start the server in "offline mode" and personally check the nps, both in game and through the code's spaghetti to make sure it all links up. One time we went from a 4 hour maint to 10 hours as some NPCs wouldn't stop breaking the server.

Originally Posted by Psychotic_dwarf View Post (Source)
    I was all ways having a server disconnect every half an hour it was frustrating so after a bit of resurch I found that changing the DNS setting on the ps4 could help. What did I have to lose? Right. Since then I hardly get a connection loss. I'm based in the UK and my IPS is bt
    So we're saying BT DNS is b0rked, and I switched from using Virgin DNS a while back as it was b0rked. Seems brit companies aren't good at DNS - lucky we have google.

Originally Posted by Knightshark View Post (Source)
    Is that list complete? And it's 100% save to dump these?
    According to Inara these

Basic Conductors
    Chemical Storage Units
    Compact Composites
    Crystal Shards
    Filament Composites
    Heat Resistant Ceramics
    Tempered Alloys

are the very common and common ones not tied to a blueprint at present. You might also include Unidentified Scan Archives as well, Common data not currently being used.

Peculiar Shield Frequency Data would be another one, but it is classed as Very Rare, while Polonium and Yttrium, elements not used in blueprints, are reserved for synthesis recipes.

And then there are all the Thargoid and Guardian materials and data.

I don't know if it is safe to dump these. Who knows what else 2.3.11 may bring?

Devastated! PC version down as well!!

Can you guys at least tell us that you are working on fixing the Horizons season pass bug for ps4 users??? Other accounts can't access to it. Jesus christ. It's been 2 weeks...

Originally Posted by Raven Blackwood View Post (Source)
    Devastated! PC version down as well!!
    As well as what? You are aware that the game clients all share the same universe, riiiiight?

I am very aware. I play all three versions and a lot of the time they don't go down at the same time.

Originally Posted by Ottoman View Post (Source)
    Can you guys at least tell us that you are working on fixing the Horizons season pass bug for ps4 users??? Other accounts can't access to it. Jesus christ. It's been 2 weeks...
    Well, the FAQ does say they are aware & working on it - next you'll hear will probably be in patch notes saying it's fixed. But not this time

Edit: FAQ https://support.frontier.co.uk/kb/faq.php?id=391

unknown probe issue?

Originally Posted by Raven Blackwood View Post (Source)
    I am very aware. I play all three versions and a lot of the time they don't go down at the same time.
    Nope - unless you're talking about client crashes - they happen at different time

I'm glad to hear about the traffic controllers. That bug bothers me more than it should I think. I hope they tell us the assigned landing pad now, too, and not only if we engage a docking computer. For a long time the whole traffic controller "flow" has been not right. I'd also like to hear about the falling skimmers at surface settlements. I'm not fond of visiting any until this is properly fixed. I think it's close to a game-breaking bug. Also, I'll be curious to see if the mission board is back at Blackmount Orbital.

Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast