Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Originally Posted by srb View Post (Source)
    I believe its a G type (yellow) star. Scoopable.
    get a surface scan of planet 3 and run. miserable place

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi all,

I don't know where you've got the idea that mission commodities are gone, but they aren't.

All that has changed is we added MEFs to the micro resources given by missions and we removed 5 unused micro resources.

Commodities remain unchanged.

Thanks,
    Dom
    That's people for you. We tend to read a comment that somebody who doesn't know what they are talking about has made, and take it as thus saith Frontier Developments

People with slow internet will be pleased to know the patch is less than 100mb

Bloody hell. Now Psn has an update itself X,x Oh well. Servers are still down (RIGHT?! o.O) so I'm sure this'll be ok.

Originally Posted by Evil Flanker View Post (Source)
    I'm glad, I bought a space game to fly in space, I hate landing on planets, I hate even more driving around them. All mats should be available from a variety of sources.
    What! No way! I love landing on the planets and exploring for goodies and WANTED skimmers to smash up.

Hi all,

I don't know where you've got the idea that mission commodities are gone, but they aren't.

All that has changed is we added MEFs to the micro resources given by missions and we removed 5 unused micro resources.

Thanks,
    Dom
    So combat mission still force combat ships to have cargo racks? - or have FD finally seen sense and added an option to disgard the commodity part?

"- Various mission tweaks and fixes."

'Fixes' gives the impression stuff like this has been fixed.

Hi there,

Yes, MEFs are back as mission rewards.

Thanks,
    Dom
    I hate to sound stupid, especially seeing as I've played off and on since the kickstarter, but what's a MEF? Apart from the .NET Managed Extension Framework, but I can't see that ever being considered a reward...

Originally Posted by Mark67 View Post (Source)
    Like many players on the forum in the UK, I'm at home this morning and expected to take a bit of time on Elite. 10am is a ridiculous time. Yes, US is affected too, but surely a 12am US ET time, 5am UK time would have been less disruptive to the majority of players? For those further East, it is prime play time for them too right now (6/7pm SE Asia time!)
    Therefore, next patch time, please cause less impact by choosing a better down time start.
    Hey Mark, this may come as a bit of a shock, but there are many time zones across the entire planet; so it's going to be a "bad time", regardless of when. So rather than having a little fit over the fact that a developer is patching bugs and fixing things that are otherwise busted as heck, maybe have a tea or coffee and chill out a bit.

Or you know, complain a bit like a 3 year old on the forums, assuming you know of course entirely the best time, globally, when to promote a new build to a geographically dispersed set of infrastructure.

So combat mission still force combat ships to have cargo racks? - or have FD finally seen sense and added an option to disgard the commodity part?
    This reminds me of flying my Dolphin and having 0 Cargo room and they all go "Hey! Here's 4 of this item!" but I can't complete the mission cause they want to give me som'in that I was going to sell anyways T~T

Originally Posted by KitBallard View Post (Source)
    .....I must be getting tired.. I keep seeing "s" <,>
    Edit: Seems the lettering is in their "Censor Deletion" thing so I'm sure you know which one I mean..
    ...no I don´t.....but I was talking about MODIFIED EMBEDDED FIRMWARE (MEF'S) !!!

Originally Posted by srb View Post (Source)
    I hate to sound stupid, especially seeing as I've played off and on since the kickstarter, but what's a MEF? Apart from the .NET Managed Extension Framework, but I can't see that ever being considered a reward...
    MEF = Modified Embedded Firmware

Hi all,

Thanks,
    Dom
    THANKS DOM !!!
    MANY PEOPLE LOVES YOU FOR THIS STATEMENT

I'm glad, I bought a space game to fly in space, I hate landing on planets, I hate even more driving around them. All mats should be available from a variety of sources.
    I guess some of us think that in 2017 a space game as diverse and wonderful as Elite Dangerous should have more to it than 'flying in space', and that every part of the game should be included in a player's attempts to advance. The fact that you 'don't like' driving on planets should not force the developers to cater to your personal taste by removing part of its content from your experience.

MEF = Modified Embedded Firmware
    And what's that good for? (I'm another newbie in the crowd)

How many of you are regularly checking to see if the Frontier servers are back up ... so you can be the first to come here and announce, with an air of great importance, "The servers are back up!" ?

Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast