Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Originally Posted by Evil Flanker View Post (Source)
    So combat mission still force combat ships to have cargo racks? - or have FD finally seen sense and added an option to disgard the commodity part?
    Nope, they are referring to materials not commodities, which will continue to flow and force you to, I don't know, store a module like most anyone else who doesn't have a cargo rack and fit one, for the purposes of completing a mission - this is because commanders agitated to have commodities removed (temporarily) from blueprints rather than the more sane option of having them moved to commodity markets (which frontier suggested, by the way) so they would be available that way and not ever then need to drop from missions.

So this isn't actually Frontier's fault, so much as the inability for a lot of shouty commanders to think about consequences. Like at all. Anyhoo, you'll be needing that cargo rack still.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    And what's that good for? (I'm another newbie in the crowd)

I think they're used by the in-game Engineers to make goodies for our ships.

Hello!
    In case any frontier peple read this.
    I want to start playing the game again. But, slowing down after boosting, ceeps me away.
    R they any thoughts to make a new normal space flight system? Something that makes more sense?

NOTE.

I am not talking about full newtonian physics, i have an idea about how to fix that problem... The first time i loged in to the game, boosted, and found my sidewider slowing down right after for no good reason what so ever, i thought it was a bug...

Originally Posted by MoonWeb View Post (Source)
    I guess some of us think that in 2017 a space game as diverse and wonderful as Elite Dangerous should have more to it than 'flying in space', and that every part of the game should be included in a player's attempts to advance.
    My point is people buy the game for many reasons, not just the same as you, forcing players to find stuff you might need in only one particular way is incredibly boring and tedius to those of us who have NO interest in landing on planets.

I am not adverse to diversety, in fact my post actually promotes more diversity, where you actually want to lessen it by forcing people to scan planets only.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    And what's that good for? (I'm another newbie in the crowd)
    Overcharged Weapons,Especially Multi Cannons.

I see MEF prety good at scanning data points,but it is hell good to see them as Mission rewards alternative.

As i play 24/7 Ed,want to thank FD,that i finnaly have time for bath for this year...

I'm glad, I bought a space game to fly in space, I hate landing on planets, I hate even more driving around them. All mats should be available from a variety of sources.
    You can get mats from astroid rings as well btw. There's a famous fuel rat story somewhere on the forums that used that exact thing

Will this patch also repair the issue with the horizons season pass

Originally Posted by kofeyh View Post (Source)
    Nope, they are referring to materials not commodities, which will continue to flow and force you to, I don't know, store a module like most anyone else who doesn't have a cargo rack and fit one, for the purposes of completing a mission - this is because commanders agitated to have commodities removed (temporarily) from blueprints rather than the more sane option of having them moved to commodity markets (which frontier suggested, by the way) so they would be available that way and not ever then need to drop from missions.

So this isn't actually Frontier's fault, so much as the inability for a lot of shouty commanders to think about consequences. Like at all. Anyhoo, you'll be needing that cargo rack still.
    I don't have cargo racks in a combat ship nor will I be forced to add them because FD cannot see the sense that they are mostly sold unless needed specifically, with that in mind having an option to automatically sell them on completion makes sense, expecting combat pilots or as pointed out above passenger freighters to have cargo is rediculous.

Originally Posted by Arcadius300 View Post (Source)
    Will this patch also repair the issue with the horizons season pass
    I assume you mean for alt accounts on PS4, in which case I join your choir of hopeful song.

That's because you have flight assist turned on.

I'm glad, I bought a space game to fly in space, I hate landing on planets, I hate even more driving around them. All mats should be available from a variety of sources.
    Play ELITE DANGEROUS !!!
    Disregard ELITE DANGEROUS:HORIZONS...that easy !

We no longer award micro resources that are not used for anything as mission rewards
    Does this mean a better chance for modular terminals as a reward?

Originally Posted by Bad Move View Post (Source)
    Hello!
    I want to start playing the game again. But, slowing down after boosting, ceeps me away.
    R they any thoughts to make a new normal space flight system? Something that makes more sense?

NOTE.

I am not talking about full newtonian physics, i have an idea about how to fix that problem... The first time i loged in to the game, boosted, and found my sidewider slowing down right after for no good reason what so ever, i thought it was a bug...
    I thought the fix for this was to set Flight Asist off as default.

Originally Posted by Bad Move View Post (Source)
    Hello!

NOTE.

You have flight assist turned on.

I don't have cargo racks in a combat ship nor will I be forced to add them because FD cannot see the sense that they are mostly sold unless needed specifically, with that in mind having an option to automatically sell them on completion makes sense, expecting combat pilots or as pointed out above passenger freighters to have cargo is rediculous.
    I agree. What would make more sense to me is that you should be able to accept the mission even if you have zero cargo space. You can accept ground missions when you currently have no SRV, so what is the difference here? If you don't want to be rewarded the commodities at the end of the mission that's your choice; right?

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast