Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Bought the game few weeks ago, I’m a Fan of the first one back in the 80s
    If today I’m a pilot it’s also Because this game.. in real life I do transport missions with elite cabins just for few bucks.. I wish I can do bounty hunting or pirate... uff
    BRING THE SERVERS BACK!!!!!!

I can't believe how calm everyone is about another outage during peak gaming times for half the planet.

I played EVE Online for years, with daily server maintenance windows, not to mention all the patching and it never felt as intrusive as the last few weeks of patches for Elite has been.

Maybe it's just been a bad time to get into the game.

Also did this patch get advertised anywhere in advance? When I saw the in game message and it sent me to the forums this thread nor anything about a 2.3.11 patch didn't seem to exist.

So now I've got to listen to the wife and kids about how I don't pay them any attention?? Don't they realize I'm helping protect them from the invasion??
    The drones can mow the lawn and I'll look for a job next week! I keep telling them: if we don't stop the Thargoids the rent money will be the least of our worries.
    This 5-hours downtime may be the Thargoid's attempt to catch us off guard!!!

TO THE DARK!!!

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi all,

I don't know where you've got the idea that mission commodities are gone, but they aren't.

All that has changed is we added MEFs to the micro resources given by missions and we removed 5 unused micro resources.

Commodities remain unchanged.

Thanks,
    Dom
    Hello Dom,

Thank you for the update. Please can you confirm whihc 5 micro resources have been removed so that we can dicth them if we have them taking up space in our inventory. A few players have poosted what they think they are, however, I think it would be bets for us all to get the details straight from teh Dev's mouth.

At your service,

Commander Ben Ryder

Originally Posted by Fizzbanger View Post (Source)
    I can't believe how calm everyone is about another outage during peak gaming times for half the planet.

I played EVE Online for years, with daily server maintenance windows, not to mention all the patching and it never felt as intrusive as the last few weeks of patches for Elite has been.

Also did this patch get advertised anywhere in advance? When I saw the in game message and it sent me to the forums this thread nor anything about a 2.3.11 patch didn't seem to exist.
    Dont really see how it is peak gaming times as half the planet and more is at work during these hours or school

I'm just taking it in my stride. I think all patches are good, no matter how long the servers are down. I'm pretty new to ED so maybe not as much withdrawl here.....but I have started doing rasping noises like the engine of my Asp Explorer. Does that count as withdrawl symptoms?

It didn't get announced in advance. They don't normally announce patches like this in advance.

It's in the nature of selling the game all over the world that, no matter when you take it down, it's going to inconvenience someone. So they might as well do it during their own working hours.

And this thread started at 9:30 this morning: I found it as soon as the in-game message came up for me.

whats the point of raging they wont listen so no point

Originally Posted by aRJay View Post (Source)
    I thought the fix for this was to set Flight Asist off as default.
    I haven't played the game for some time, like a month.
    Do u maintain boost speed with FA off those days?

First: It's not peak time.
    Second: I'll make you personally responsible next time they don't fix a bug immediately. People go crazy on this forum when there are serious issues and FDEV takes their time to fix it / includes the fix in a major update rather than a quick hotfix. I'll tell everyone that it's Fizzbanger's fault when some people can't play the game again.

'Hey FDEV, why it's so hard to fix X or Y?'
    'Don't know, ask Fizzbanger?'

Yes, you are right - I will start to shout v.soon - it will help things move along - thanks for the tip

Thanks for that, good to know

No, it's always like this. But you are right, we should complain more. Thanks again.

Yes. But you are right, they should develop more slowly and give us a month's notice before changes.

Right, I'm off to complain to my MP - or maybe have a nice cup of tea, really cannot decide which biscuits though...

I'm calm about it as it's just a game. Not real life. There are more things to worry about in life than not being able to play a computer game.

Originally Posted by silvrav View Post (Source)
    Dont really see how it is peak gaming times as half the planet and more is at work during these hours or school
    Presuming US is biggest market, midnight US time for maintenance would be the best fit for the majority of the planet. 5m US time hits most of the rest of planet.

Originally Posted by Stocky81 View Post (Source)
    More Alien Thargoid encounters? i havent seen one yet nor any artifacts. any tips while we wait till 4pm?!?!
    Open Professor Palin. He sells special cargo racks that hold UAs without them destroying modules.

Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast