Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Missions
    • Various mission tweaks and fixes.

Mind adding a bit more detail?

Am I the only one who finds it funny that the only ones crying about servers are the PS4 players? Ah remember the days of Xbox server crashes? When you couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time. Let them update, I'm home for the summer anyway.

Originally Posted by CitedMold02441 View Post (Source)
    You have flight assist turned on.
    Silly me... All this tiem, i thought after boosting, u slow back down, with or, with out FA...
    I can get a lot more saracastic than this. U slow back down with FA off, too.
    Unless they fixed that. But it would make even less sense to maintain boost speed with FA off, and not with FA on.
    The whole flight systme needs a rework.

...All though, too many people like this flight system. Personnaly i find it abnoxious.

Originally Posted by Neutroframe View Post (Source)
    How abut the PS4 Crashes?

It crashes every other time when you start a Jump to another solar system, when you land and when you outfit some part. Practically quit the game without saving to the main menu and an error message.

It's really bad, sometimes 15 crashes in a 30 - 45 min play time. It makes it unplayable.
    What? Did you build your PS4 yourself? I've had the game for a week and it has crashed twice. Must have executed 1000+ jumps by now without a single crash. Think you might want to get your PS4 looked at.

Thanks Brettsky!

Originally Posted by neutronium View Post (Source)
    Thank You for the ATC fix! Actually why do we still call it ATC and not STC?
    Same reason we still call them ships.

TRADITION!

Pretty bummed that the falling skimmers isn't being sorted today, was looking forward to visiting surface ports again... :-(

Originally Posted by scotchegg View Post (Source)
    It would be helpful if the launcher didn't list server status as 'ok' while these patches are being rolled out. Bit confusing...
    I'll second this.

Originally Posted by Kaltern View Post (Source)
    Apologies for saying, but isn't this a very small list of things for a 5 hour patch? Is it possible there are... other things happening that don't necessarily need to be in patch notes...?
    That's elementary, my dear Watson.

Originally Posted by Ben Sevil View Post (Source)
    Hi all!

My second post in these forums, so be nice.

Being hit with a five-hour outage a day after installing the game is not much fun! I also read in some posts that these outages are fairly frequent. Is that indeed the case?
    Today was supposed to be my morning to do my own thing. Instead there was a patch, so i did chores. Lol

It's just bad timing. Lol

These hot fix patches aren't that common. Sometimes we go months without a patch. That said, after a large update, we do get a few weeks of hot fixes.
    And regular downtime in Thursday morning. But sometimes that only takes 10 minutes.

Fly safe CMDR, don't let updates discourage you.

CMDR Cosmic Spacehead

Hate to hear whinging about the down time CMDR's: I am off work too and would have loved to be out in the black. But the point is... work needs to be done by FD, and yes, they are based in the UK... so it is going to happen during the working day. Imagine, everyone arrives at 9:00, they grab a coffee and spend half an hour chatting through who does what, when and delegate post patch testing offline. Off they go at 9:30, issue the shut down warnings over the game, shut down, upload all of their hard work, re-start. OK, start checking... is it all behaving? No, OK re-patch a few things, Check...OK, yes. Oh...no... this is not right, adjust. reboot. check. good to go. And presumably that have to grab a bite to eat in there too.

Commanders. Please. FD are in business, but they are not slaves. They are doing a brilliant job of bringing us the very best. $19.99 does not make you own someone.

So.... chill, relax. prepare for your next session. And thank Flux that you can actually play the best space game ever, and that it is constantly getting better.

No, you really do not need to complain more. Don't you think those guys know they are up against it? People should stop feeling so bloody entitled. It is a game, it needs to be constantly worked on because it is a dynamic system. It is not static.

Over and out, CMDR Maudibe.

Originally Posted by Ben Ryder View Post (Source)
    Hello Dom,

Thank you for the update. Please can you confirm whihc 5 micro resources have been removed so that we can dicth them if we have them taking up space in our inventory. A few players have poosted what they think they are, however, I think it would be bets for us all to get the details straight from teh Dev's mouth.

At your service,

Commander Ben Ryder
    Grab a copy of EdEngineer, nicely highlights what Mat/Data is not used in current Blueprints.

Originally Posted by Darth269 View Post (Source)
    I'd be reluctant to refer to it as an outage... it's a patch. This is good news... (usually)
    Speaking of outages..
    I remember a server move in LOTRO from UK to USA
    what was supposed to be a 24-48hr downtime ended up being a full 5 DAYS outage !!!

I think FDev do remarkably well, given Elite is now PC, XBOX and now PS4.
    The game is still under development, patches are to be expected.
    People should lighten up.

Originally Posted by Bad Move View Post (Source)
    Silly me... All this tiem, i thought after boosting, u slow back down, with or, with out FA...
    I can get a lot more saracastic than this. U slow back down with FA off, too.
    Unless they fixed that. But it would make even less sense to maintain boost speed with FA off, and not with FA on.
    The whole flight systme needs a rework.

...All though, too many people like this flight system. Personnaly i find it abnoxious.
    New players not used to the game yet and yet complain about something the rest of us love and are quite happy with is kinda .... N00bish.

I have to salute the Development team at Frontier Development.

I encountered so many software bugs after the 2.2 release that I had serious doubts about your quality control.

But the last 3 releases have been almost bug-free, at least for how I play the game. In the most recent release (until today), I only encountered the "overworked air traffic controllers" bug, nothing else. With every release succeeding 2.2, the number and severity of bugs has seemed to seriously decline.

Considering the complexity of this game, the short list of bugs you're resolving with this patch list is amazing.

Thank you for producing such a high quality software product.

P.S. A middle of the night software deployment is a killer. I know. I'm in I.T. Make sure your employer let's you catch up on your rest after this deployment.

Do we need the servers for the sandboxed tutorial modes? Because I can't get into those now. I'd like to test my VR setup. No need to be in the actual universe for that.

Oh well, I'll patiently wait. Good thing the ATCs are getting some relief.

Page 27 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast