Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Update 2.3.11

Originally Posted by Psychotic_dwarf View Post (Source)
    I very rearley get them any more by doing a minor change via the ps4 settings.

Press the ps button on controler
    Go to settings
    Set up connection
    Manual set up

Now put everything as automatic apart from the DNS THE new DNS are as follows

Primary DNS 8.8.8.8

Secondary DNS 8.8.4.4

this will dramaticly change how many times you get a server loss. I played for around 12 hours solid yesterday with only 1 loss to server. Hope this helps. Fly safe commander
    Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    Interesting. Will pass this over to the QA team.
    Hi Brett,
    As a PS4 user, I'd just like to chime in and report that the solution posted for the constant transaction servers does work. Since making this minor change, I've had one disconnect due to a transaction error, rather than constant drops on supercruise/ docking/ mission boards I had in the first week or so that made the game unplayable for me. I'm also a BT home hub user, which is what a good number of us experiencing the problem seem to use.

Thanks,
    DZ
    “A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?” - Albert Einstein

Originally Posted by Monoceros View Post (Source)
    Grab a copy of EdEngineer, nicely highlights what Mat/Data is not used in current Blueprints.
    Allow me to nitpick your comment: "downlights" probably would be the better term.

But... just curious, can PS4 players even make use of EDEngineer without using a PC?

Originally Posted by maudibe View Post (Source)
    Hate to hear whinging about the down time CMDR's: I am off work too and would have loved to be out in the black. But the point is... work needs to be done by FD, and yes, they are based in the UK... so it is going to happen during the working day. Imagine, everyone arrives at 9:00, they grab a coffee and spend half an hour chatting through who does what, when and delegate post patch testing offline. Off they go at 9:30, issue the shut down warnings over the game, shut down, upload all of their hard work, re-start. OK, start checking... is it all behaving? No, OK re-patch a few things, Check...OK, yes. Oh...no... this is not right, adjust. reboot. check. good to go. And presumably that have to grab a bite to eat in there too.

Commanders. Please. FD are in business, but they are not slaves. They are doing a brilliant job of bringing us the very best. $19.99 does not make you own someone.

So.... chill, relax. prepare for your next session. And thank Flux that you can actually play the best space game ever, and that it is constantly getting better.

No, you really do not need to complain more. Don't you think those guys know they are up against it? People should stop feeling so bloody entitled. It is a game, it needs to be constantly worked on because it is a dynamic system. It is not static.

Over and out, CMDR Maudibe.
    We expect down time and the Devs expect us to whinge. Who are we to question the natural order of things?

Originally Posted by Brett C View Post (Source)
    • Overworked Air Traffic Controllers will no longer greet pilots as they are leaving.

Poor poppets.

Many thanks Brett

[Remember Wheaton's Law.]

Originally Posted by Bad Move View Post (Source)
    Silly me... All this tiem, i thought after boosting, u slow back down, with or, with out FA...
    I can get a lot more saracastic than this. U slow back down with FA off, too.
    Unless they fixed that. But it would make even less sense to maintain boost speed with FA off, and not with FA on.
    The whole flight systme needs a rework.

...All though, too many people like this flight system. Personnaly i find it abnoxious.
    I find your grammar and spelling obnoxious. Out of all the great features in the game, you are trolling over the boost not being unlimited and completely realistic? Realistically, the game has to have unrealistic limits to remain playable and enjoyable. To each their own, but if you are going to criticize FD, at least do so intelligibly!

Originally Posted by Tychu9 View Post (Source)
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that the only ones crying about servers are the PS4 players? Ah remember the days of Xbox server crashes? When you couldn't play for more than 10 minutes at a time. Let them update, I'm home for the summer anyway.
    Bite your tongue. I'ma Ps4 player and I've been filling my time with other things like this month's PS+ freebies and waiting for the PSN update =p

8. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #413
    Originally Posted by Madouc View Post (Source)
    Mind adding a bit more detail?
    Hi there,

That would be telling...

One thing was bumping up micro-resource reward chances a bit.

Most of the rest is along the lines of "Mysterious things added"...

Thanks,
    Dom

Originally Posted by Dominic Corner View Post (Source)
    Hi there,

That would be telling...

One thing was bumping up micro-resource reward chances a bit.

Most of the rest is along the lines of "Mysterious things added"...

Thanks,
    Dom
    Oho?

Mind giving a few more juicy details?
    http://inara.cz/data/sigs/16/16159.png

I'm fine with the down time but why does the launcher say "server status: ok" and "update now live" when it's clearly not the case?

Please make the server status indicator actually reflect the server status.

Originally Posted by Bad Move View Post (Source)
    Silly me... All this tiem, i thought after boosting, u slow back down, with or, with out FA...
    I can get a lot more saracastic than this. U slow back down with FA off, too.
    Unless they fixed that. But it would make even less sense to maintain boost speed with FA off, and not with FA on.
    The whole flight systme needs a rework.

...All though, too many people like this flight system. Personnaly i find it abnoxious.
    So what you want is an unlimited boost? Better to just ask the devs to buff the max thrust provided by engines than to overhaul the entire flight system to effectively become, what, Kerbal Space Program with guns?

What planet were The Clangers on? Will I find them in EDH?
    Asp Explorer - Goblin Wyrd
    Beluga Liner - Tomothy's Tail
    Fer-De-Lance - Dermy Bud
    Type-9 Heavy- Friars Keep

Originally Posted by picommander View Post (Source)
    But... just curious, can PS4 players even make use of EDEngineer without using a PC?
    If they have a smart TV with built-in browser they could conceivably switch between game and browser on the fly...

Whats the point of having a server status thing if it say "OK" when the server is offline

Originally Posted by scotchegg View Post (Source)
    It would be helpful if the launcher didn't list server status as 'ok' while these patches are being rolled out. Bit confusing...
    but then you might know what's going on, can't risk that

Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast