Thread: Astronomers have detected 'strange signals' coming from a star 11 light-years away

Astronomers have detected 'strange signals' coming from a star 11 light-years away

Astronomers have detected 'strange signals' coming from a star 11 light-years away

" Astronomers say they've detected "strange signals" coming from the direction of a small, dim star located about 11 light-years from Earth.

Researchers picked up the mysterious signals on May 12 using the Arecibo Observatory, a huge radio telescope built inside of a Puerto Rican sinkhole.

The radio signals appear to be coming from Ross 128, a red dwarf star that's not yet known to have any planets and is about 2,800 times dimmer than the sun. Abel Méndez, an astrobiologist at the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo, said the star was observed for 10 minutes, during which time the signal was picked up and "almost periodic".......................... "

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techan...nAt?li=AAnZ9Ug

Originally Posted by cosmo-genesis View Post (Source)

" Astronomers say they've detected "strange signals" coming from the direction of a small, dim star located about 11 light-years from Earth.

Researchers picked up the mysterious signals on May 12 using the Arecibo Observatory, a huge radio telescope built inside of a Puerto Rican sinkhole.

The radio signals appear to be coming from Ross 128, a red dwarf star that's not yet known to have any planets and is about 2,800 times dimmer than the sun. Abel Méndez, an astrobiologist at the University of Puerto Rico at Arecibo, said the star was observed for 10 minutes, during which time the signal was picked up and "almost periodic".......................... "

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techan...nAt?li=AAnZ9Ug
    Offtopic -> Astronomy forum that way
    Only 4 images. ; )

Not really surprised. Since the Thargoids are back

Originally Posted by cosmo-genesis View Post (Source)

The radio signals appear to be coming from Ross 128, ....................
    Now you know why your need a permit to visit it.

Originally Posted by MalcYorks View Post (Source)
    Now you know why your need a permit to visit it.
    Surely the prisoners who hit on the pans to have better conditions of detention

Originally Posted by Patrick_68000 View Post (Source)
    Not really surprised. Since the Thargoids are back
    ...and not just in Elite : Dangerous...
    Where logic won't work, I will.

Originally Posted by gunbladelad View Post (Source)
    That's our Zorak...

So bizarre that I got my girlfriend to watch Contact for the first time today, and now I see this...