Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Wont get mission update and reward on pirate lord assasinate missions

Wont get mission update and reward on pirate lord assasinate missions

Hi all,

I have tried it now for several times with always the same outcome:

• In a station I pick an pirate lord assasinate mission and fly to the specified location.
    • I get a mission update with a point marked in space or get pulled out of Supercruise by the pirate.
    • I check for the pirate, find it (and in at least one run I scanned the pirate for additional bounty).
    • The pirate starts attacking me, I fight back finally killing him.
    • But then, NO MISSION UPDATE - Every time.
    • I return to the station to get my reward - Nothing there (and it is just plain credits reward - I'm aware of not being able to receive my reward when it's based on freight and I don't have enough space)

I already checked if I have to get the bounty first. It doesn't matter. But there is still the mission sign on the specified system. But when I return, no pirate anymore. Obviously because I already killed him. And then after the given timeframe ends I get a mission failed message..

I don't know what to do. Am I'm missing something or is this a bug? ..all other missions I could always complete. It's only that specific mission type. Is it necessary to scan the pirate before killing him (perhaps scanning was not complete last time - but I doubt it) or to choose a fraction (was not possible in 1on1)..

Did anyone experience a similar issue?

Tried again today.. 2 Missions, always the same.. Flying to system, find mission objective update with point to fly to, drop out of Supercruise at point, find pirate, correct name, scan him, attack him ,destroy him, NO MISSION UPDATE.. What's wrong? Is that a bug???

3. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #3
    Hey CubicCode, I'd recommend sending us a ticket so we can investigate fully. Be sure to include screenshots of the full mission details!

Definitely follow CMDR Tronador's advice and submit a ticket. Pirate lord assassinations are normally very reliable, and from your description you are doing everything right. There's no need to scan the target, other than the standard ship's scan to determine that they are wanted (at which point your HUD info will also notify in red text you that they are the mission target).

The only reason that they might not update is that you have picked an NPC that is not the mission target. When you fly to the location given in the first update, are you dropping into a mission specific USS, which has blue text and also you get a notification from your ship's computer? Another possible reason, which it doesn't sound like is happening is that you must destroy the target in the system given in the mission description. If they wake out and you follow them to a different system then the kill doesn't get counted against the mission, at least that used to be the case.

Originally Posted by Faded Glory View Post (Source)
    When you fly to the location given in the first update, are you dropping into a mission specific USS, which has blue text and also you get a notification from your ship's computer?
    Yes, I do.

Originally Posted by Faded Glory View Post (Source)
    Another possible reason, which it doesn't sound like is happening is that you must destroy the target in the system given in the mission description. If they wake out and you follow them to a different system then the kill doesn't get counted against the mission, at least that used to be the case.
    Nobody ever escaped. I always killed them right in the place where I first encountered them.

Thanks for your answers! I think I have to collect some screenshots and open a ticket.

Originally Posted by CubicCode View Post (Source)
    Thanks for your answers! I think I have to collect some screenshots and open a ticket.
    Yes, I would do that. I've had that happen a couple of times, but it was a long time ago, and they have generally been very reliable and bug free for some time now.

Now I'm totally confused.. I tried again today to collect screenshots and did nothing differently than before but now everything went fine and I got my mission updates and rewards.. All 3 times. Strange.. It seems, the game knows when somebody is bughunting it.. So, as everything works (at least for now) I won't open a ticket. Thanks again for your replies, hopefully I don't have to return to this thread.

8. This is the last staff post in this thread. #8
    Cool stuff, glad to hear it's working for you but it's a shame that we can't get to the bottom of it. If you find something that doesn't need our direct intervention but you'd still like to have it looked at, do consider submitting it to the bug forums!