Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: You V The Weekend: Post after action report time and Bran's personal challenge begins!

Originally Posted by verminstar View Post (Source)
    Snip
    Change is good as is challenging yourself to do something different. Good luck to you in your new goals, looking forward already to hearing your future tales!

As for routine, normal service is being resumed this week...

Monday's will normally be Forum Madness.
    Wednesday - The most important questions will be getting asked. Questions that Frontier needs to know the answers to...
    Friday - Well what would the weekend be without without a bit of fun and inspiring others to try new 'Stuff'!

The other days are for the mods to get some sleep.

Never incur the wrath of the Mods!

Originally Posted by Bran Tse Mallory View Post (Source)
    Me? An ambassador for the Human Race... Oh boy, that would be disastrous for all of us and them!

Real life had to be the priority on Friday but fear not, normal (If you can call it that) service has been resumed. My eternal conflict with the mods continues!
    it was that, or blaming Tj.

Change is good as is challenging yourself to do something different. Good luck to you in your new goals, looking forward already to hearing your future tales!

As for routine, normal service is being resumed this week...

Monday's will normally be Forum Madness.
    Wednesday - The most important questions will be getting asked. Questions that Frontier needs to know the answers to...
    Friday - Well what would the weekend be without without a bit of fun and inspiring others to try new 'Stuff'!

Mods pff...did it once years ago too much hassle and stress and Im way too rebellious to toe the line as it were. They have more patience than I have, they deserve to sleep because they gotta deal with the likes of me.

Keep up the charity work really though...inspiring stuff. Im back in the chair since friday after some bad news...Im in relapse again fer the second time this year so far and oh boy the pain...pain helps one focus better though. I know all about pain...literally the story of my life. I watch the invictus games with a mixture of pride and jealousy...I was a semi pro mountain biker fer almost a quarter of a century before I became one the folks yer doing charity work for. How funny is that?

I need gaming right now...Im sure ye will understand why ^
    M8 who ye talking to?
    Nobody.
    So who am I talking to?
    Me.
    Wha....?

13A spent many quiet hours heading away from the bubble in the quest to become Elite.

24B spent some quiet hours mining stuff in the hopes of being introduced to Selene Jean.

Good luck with the training. 50 eh? Oh for the heady days of being a youngster again
    13A - Freelancer, living on the lam
    24B - In the black, pacifist explorer

This weekend I have been mostly working on access to Alioth.

ZZZZZZZzzzz.

ZZZZZZzzzzz.

ZZzzzzzzz.

Ring. Ring.

"Hi T.j"

"Hi Ian. Did you know Bran is aiming to give himself a heart attack, and is asking for sponsors?"

"He's doing WHAT?"

"Yes. How do you feel about sponsoring him?"

"Hell YES. Anything for such a good cause "

Hi Bran, I'd be happy to sponsor your valiant efforts! When is the great day?

This weekend I didn't get to play any ED, due to illness (myself and my new son-in-law and daughter).

...isn't sure what's going on.
    What's the daft old sod up to now?

And yeah I'll happily sponsor you as well.

Best of luck, Bran! I'll be cheering for you.

As for Elite - this weekend I did about 3 runs for the asteroid base CG. Yup...that's about it! lol.

I spent a little of the weekend doing stuff around the house to help the wife. Vacuuming, shampooing the carpet here and there, moving apparently random things from place to place. She thinks it's amazing and it really takes no effort on my part.

And that left the lion's share of time for playing ED with the wife happily encouraging my "off time".

I spent the majority of it unlocking engineers and upgrading a small ship for one of my alts. I went with the Diamondback Explorer this time. I forgot how fun that little thing is to fly. I need to finish it up, which means swapping back to my Asp Explorer for a little while. Gotta unlock Palin for those G5 Dirty Drives. My Power Plant was having fits until I got the G5 overcharge on it. It can now handle 2 PAs and a beam. Got a god roll on the charge enhanced distributor, too.

I might swap that beam out for something a little less heaty. Maybe a cannon.

As usual Bran you are being totally inconsiderate to those of us who can't play at weekends...... namely and most importantly ME!

My selfish mother in law turned 70 this weekend, 'er indoors should have really dealt with it but oh no, 'Theo go get the cake, Theo come help get the hall ready, Theo go pick my sister up, Theo help the DJ set up because my sister wants to sing, Theo, tidy the hall after the party, drop my sister home', that was my Saturday.

Sunday comes around and I was on garden shed, fence and lawn duty as well as other hubby stuff.

So Bran, walk away in short jerky movements pal, and TJ and the moderation team - we will never forgive or forget.

Yours sincerely

Grumpy old English exile somewhere in South Lanarkshire.
    "It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small - Neil Armstrong"

NEVER FORGET ENGINEERGATE OR WHO WAS INVOLVED!

11. This is the last staff post in this thread. #26
    Can you tell that the mods were alerted to this at the same time!? ;p

Drop me some details of the Torture Run in PM, Bran. I'll let a few folks in the office know about it.

As for Elite, my time was completely unproductive. I set out with the goal of getting some sweet, sweet Empire rank. Ended up bumbling around with a friend teaching him the ropes on the PS4 and getting my buttocks in the Cobra pilot seat.
    Totally not a Thargoid sympathiser and/or servant. Honest.

Imperial, opulent, and endlessly rubbish with landing pads. :/

Planned BGS actions got stalled by an unforeseen conflict pending on Friday, which left time this weekend to....

* end a couple of wars in a system we manage to return stability and peace
    * fit a race imp eagle, and engineer the hell out of it (603 m/2 top speed; 803 m/s boost). Found myself a nice little "race track" for low altitude canyon flying >>> probably died more yesterday pulling off daring stunts at speed then in my entire ED career Rarely had so much fun killing myself repeatedly

Explorer's – Find anything interesting this weekend?
    Not really. I'm on a slow leisurely trip out to Colonia and spending more time looking at planets than jumping (still trying to find an interesting non-beige HMC or MR). Scanned an undiscovered ringed water world. Found a slew of untagged neutron stars high above the galactic plane, one of which had two M class stars orbiting very close to it. That was a fun jump in!

Nothing ground breaking though. Didn't play all that much honestly.

Since this weekend, I'm on my Way to Colonia.

But there's a Catch :
    Since I don't have the Credits to haul all my other Ships over, I have to do the honorable "Sir Scanalot" in order to earn more Credits.
    More Credits - less trips, because otherwise it'll be far more than one. And more than 5 likely

So if "Sir Scanalot" stays disciplined and does a good job, the number of Transfer trips can be reduced. Work good & hard right now - benefit later

PS.
    I already renewed the Membership in the following (unofficial) Exploration organizations :
    - the Give Icy Planets some Love foundation
    - the Distant Lonely Suns foundation

Greetings from the black void!

PPS.

You wait all day for a mod to come along and then 3 turn up at one!

Thanks for the support folks... Training started today and I'm aiming to do the run early next year. I'll be posting updates as I begin the torture and of course let everyone know which event I enter.

My weekend was spent looking at training plans and local running clubs. More info on Friday!

Never incur the wrath of the Mods!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast