Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: FDev, I want Autopilot

Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post (Source)
    What I would like is an npc multicrew system that enables me to hire a copilot
    I would absolutely love this! Since the latest trailer dropped, a whole lot of other players are starting to request the very same thing. In fact, I'll take this over autopilot any day. If you could pick between Scarlett Johansson being the ship's computer or Scarlett Johansson sitting in the empty chair next to you, which would you pick?

Originally Posted by Teh Smoo View Post (Source)
    Translation: "I do not want it, therefore nobody else can have it."
    A lot gets lost in a translation in particular when a whole paragraph is reduced to a single sentence.

I do not just want some simple device.
    I would like a richer system that also adds new gameplay features.
    I'd love an optional "faster supercruise" mode where you have a beat an engaging mini-game while flying to get there in one piece, with the current style supercruise still available for when you want to play it safe (out exploring, for example).

I do not just want some simple device.
    I would like a richer system that also adds new gameplay features.

What I would like is an npc multicrew system that enables me to hire a copilot who does certain tasks for me.
    He might do a bit of long range supercruise flying and then warn me when we arrive at our destination, so I can take over.
    Or he might do the very long range interstellar travel jumps from system to system.
    Of course he could do the docking too like the docking computer, but I personally like to dock myself.
    This co-pilot would also be qualified to fly the SLF or fly my ship when I want to fly the SLF myself.

Such an npc would be worthwhile to have on board. He would have a lot to offer and be worth his wages even when I fly a ship that does not have an SLF on board.
    This would be awesome. And mean my money isn't wasted when I have no fighter hanger.

Yes having a AP,Helmsman NPC would add a lot to the game, even make it more enjoyable.

Hegh Daq maj jaghpu

An idea if FDev ever improves the acceleration and max speed of supercruise. Have it done the same time as implementing an FFE orrery for system view. Where planets, bases, locations and ships can be plotted and autopiloted too (presumably by an npc copilot if no autopilot allowed), and waypoints can be shift-added similar to "Stellaris", "Homeworld" or any past space-strategy games. And interdiction works the same way with maybe adjustments to interdictors' ranges etc. if needed.

Originally Posted by Old Duck View Post (Source)
    If you could pick between Scarlett Johansson being the ship's computer or Scarlett Johansson sitting in the empty chair next to you, which would you pick?
    lol, well Johansson doesn't quite do it for me. More like Charlise Theron/Vickers. btw, did you finally get back to the python and new "medium" ship adventures?

no wonder this game is lacking on features.

anyone suggests anything. and it's like Ww3

devs probably look at it and say. F that..

Originally Posted by krylite View Post (Source)
    lol, well Johansson doesn't quite do it for me. More like Charlise Theron/Vickers. btw, did you finally get back to the python and new "medium" ship adventures?
    I was making a reference to the movie "Her" (where Johansson is an AI and thus only a voice). As interesting as the computer's voice is, I'd much rather have a "human" besides me saying, "Charging the Frameshift drive now" and other such things. Some occasional light banter would be fun, too, like "Oooh, that's a beautiful view!" I have a certain love / hate relationship with my very chatty companions in DDA, but overall I very much enjoy their company.

Hahaha - Python. You mean that flying Christmas tree / Las Vegas night show that all the soccer moms drive? Nope, I have no interest in that gaudy freak of engineering. I'm still having way too much fun in my Keelback, Diamondback, and Humpback (Orca). I've got a Vulture when I need to do seriously scary combat; an engineered Keelback with fighter is pretty deadly but it can't run away when in trouble. I have my Type-7 for hauling cargo, and I actually enjoy the challenge of flying shieldless with no weapons. And I still have my incredibly tough Viper III for fun, high-speed dogfights. The galaxy already has too many Pythons in it, it doesn't need one more, LOL.

I was making a reference to the movie "Her" (where Johansson is an AI and thus only a voice). As interesting as the computer's voice is, I'd much rather have a "human" besides me saying, "Charging the Frameshift drive now" and other such things. Some occasional light banter would be fun, too, like "Oooh, that's a beautiful view!" I have a certain love / hate relationship with my very chatty companions in DDA, but overall I very much enjoy their company.

Hahaha - Python. You mean that flying Christmas tree / Las Vegas night show that all the soccer moms drive? Nope, I have no interest in that gaudy freak of engineering. I'm still having way too much fun in my Keelback, Diamondback, and Humpback (Orca). I've got a Vulture when I need to do seriously scary combat; an engineered Keelback with fighter is pretty deadly but it can't run away when in trouble. I have my Type-7 for hauling cargo, and I actually enjoy the challenge of flying shieldless with no weapons. And I still have my incredibly tough Viper III for fun, high-speed dogfights. The galaxy already has too many Pythons in it, it doesn't need one more, LOL.

So, you need one ship build for Mining, one built for combat, one for exploring, one for passengers, one for cargo. Which except for the T's are all wedge shaped when view by their profile. But having one ship and items in storage is assine. Hmmm, five ships vs five reconfigurations. Both of which need to be shipped to one's destination to be of any usefulness. Though shipping mods is cheaper and faster, uninstalling and reinstalling make up the difference in time but not the cost.

It's not the ship that is a problem with one ability to do a variety of things; It's the pilot. Taking me out of the best combat equipt FDL and putting me in the best combat equipt Conda or Vette or even a capitol ship, would not improve my combat abilities. It's the pilot.

Having a Python for example can allow an experience combat pilot to do some other things if and when combat slows down. Just use the mods on has in storage and boom, it becomes a trade vessel, explore, miner and or bus. Giving the player a chance to make bank. Confining one to have to switch ships can do the same, but not very cost effective.

In the begging (launch), my first upgrade to a different ship was the T6. The vast majority of other player's near as I could tell based on retorts here, were they upgraded to combat type ships. And over the course of the next two or three weeks, while I was making bank, they were ranking up rebuys. In a month I had sufficent funds to do whatever I wished without any concern of cost. While other player were still trying to save up for an Asp X. And worring about having sufficent funds afterwards for a rebuy.

Almost three months in now, most player have establish a style of play that suits them so were all pretty much like we were orginally, well those that were really noobs and not cross over from the other platforms. Though you and I for example have played completly differently, I'd concur that we both are close to being in the same financial positon, though I may be incorrect, because I do have more time to invest.

The only reason I've finally giving up my python is the Conda and or Vette which ironically are shaped exactly the same, are considerably larger, thus, I can install a couple sets of mods to do at least two things simotaniously. I mean if it weren't for more slots and the ability to pick and choose what fills them. Everyone would still be in a Side Winder. Yes, one stock ship can go faster, further than another, but with the ability to engineer the componets. The bigger or larger craft can match that of the smaller craft, thus makeing those differences null and void. Astetics are cool and I've installed a couple but, it's boils down to the crafts over all ability that I've used when choosing a ship.

A stock Vette's range compared to a stock Python's range, sucks. But add in some engineering, and the Vette is a better choice. It has more slots!

I've managed to get as far in this game as I am without the use of any combat. And though there are still things to do that don't require it, thus keeping my interest longer. I'm at a point in time whereas I'm contimplating adding a weapon or two and learning how to do combat. The nice thing is, though I could have learned in a cheaper ship, becasue of my complete lack of experience, I'd spend most of my time doing rebuys. Small ships get destroyed faster in general that a Conda or Vette does. Thus, my schooling or class schedule would be of a longer duration, thus giving me a chance to actually learn to do it right rather than spend all my time at the rebuy screen. Not that I can't afford it, it's just time consumming and takes me out of the mind frame.

Just like you had to learn how to use the ship your in effectively, the same would go for a Python. But once you got use to it, you sing a different tune.
    https://inara.cz/data/sigs/78/78744.png

Fill that which is empty; Empty that which is full; Scratch where it itches!

Originally Posted by Cmdr Nemo LXXI View Post (Source)
    Just like you had to learn how to use the ship your in effectively, the same would go for a Python. But once you got use to it, you sing a different tune.
    But I don't want a Python

You remind me of kids in high school (years and years ago) trying to convince me to wear a certain brand of jeans or to cut my hair a certain way. I'm very happy in my current jeans and hair, thank you very much

But I don't want a Python

You remind me of kids in high school (years and years ago) trying to convince me to wear a certain brand of jeans or to cut my hair a certain way. I'm very happy in my current jeans and hair, thank you very much
    No no no, I'm not trying to get you to buy one just to fit in. I'm one of the last people to obtain trendy items, to a point where as I'll finally do it, and the trend is over. I know you've attempted to like a Python. But not adpating as fast as you like, it was considerably faster and easier to go back to what you were happy with. I had the same experience going from a Python to a Conda. The difference is though it took several deliberate attempt to learn how to fly it, and investing millions in the reselling each time I failed. I finally got it. I can now handle the Conda and or the Vette exactly as well as I could the Python. But inso much as the Conda and or Vette has more slots and given I can handle them in the same manner that my style of play allows. So why bother with the python any longer. Except for resources of course. Everything cost more but then, one can make more so it all works out. Your of the mind where having mutiple ships is conducive to your style of play. I'm of the mind having multiple mods in storage is conducive to my style of play. Neither of us is wrong nor right. I mean even if the shoe fits both of us, doesn't mean we have to wear it. We have are own prefences in style and or color.

I spent 50 years in the Twin Cities located in Minnesota. And hated every moment, I loathed the cold weather, and having to wear hugh boots in an effort to keep my feet warm. In my planning to retire someday and move to a subtropical place, one of the reasons was I hated wearing those oversized dam boots, gloves, coats, hats, etc. Simply to exist in an outside enviroment. My kid brothrer on the other hand never had a problem with the cold and hence still lives their happily and content. So, yes the Python may not be to your liking and it no longer is of usefulness to me. But just like them dam boots, that I no longer need because my new enviroment only requires the use of Jesus boots. The previous still have a purpose, though not for me.
    https://inara.cz/data/sigs/78/78744.png

Fill that which is empty; Empty that which is full; Scratch where it itches!

old duck.

9 pages of debate over a simple request.

we are in space but yet are technology has yet to be put into ships.

night vision for dark side planet landings?? did humanity deinvent this stuff?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789