Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newsletter #184

Newsletter #184

All the latest Elite Dangerous news

NEWSLETTER #184

Welcome to the Elite Dangerous Newsletter, the place to find all the latest from the Elite Dangerous galaxy.

This week we’ll let you know all about the Frontier Community Meet at gamescom 2017, Lead Designer Steve Kirby joins our fledgling Commander Bo in her first flight on PlayStation 4, and the Buckyball Racing Club have announced Armed and Dangerous, their latest race!

As always, you can hear the latest news and updates directly from the development team on our Forums, Twitter, Facebook, Community Homepage, and right here in the newsletter every week, and we're always eager to hear your feedback.

On the Horizon
    All the latest for Elite Dangerous: Horizons

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting another awesome Frontier Community Meet, at gamescom 2017 with free food, drinks, and fun!

We will be taking a break from the gamescom show floor this year as we focus on another special event that we will be announcing soon.

If you are in Cologne on Thursday, August 24, 2017 and would like to join us for the evening, please sign up via this Google Form and wait for us to confirm your tickets.

We hope you can join us for the evening!

Livestream Lowdown
    Catch up with videos from the community team

COMMANDER BO IN TRAINING

This week on Twitch, Community Manager Bo was joined by Lead Designer Steve Kirby who assisted her as she set up her Sidewinder and ran her first mission on the PlayStation 4! Impressively, Bo managed to dock her Sidewinder without a hitch first time! If you missed the first part of this adventure, you can watch it back here.

In part two of Bo’s adventures in Elite Dangerous, master pirate Steve Kirby returned to take Bo through the creation of a Holo-Me, and to carry on modifying her first few ships. If you are just starting out with Elite Dangerous and would like to brush up on the basics or learn how to create a Holo-Me, you can rewatch the stream here.

Bo’s first steps into Elite Dangerous have been successful thanks to all the community support, and we know that she will be a star pilot in no time – provided she doesn’t fly her ship into them!

STORE SPOTLIGHT
    The latest goods and the best deals from the Frontier Store

WHITE DETAILING

Send your enemies spiralling with the brand new white Weapon and Engine Detailing. Tear them apart, then make yourself scarce in style out in the black.

LUMINARY FLIGHT SUITS

Give your CMDR an inspiring set of new threads with the Luminary Flight Suits. Be the most valiant crew member on-board your vessel and set yourself out from those around you.

Community Central
    The best from the community, all in one place

ARMED AND DANGEROUS

The Buckyball Racing Club presents: Armed and Dangerous, their upcoming cross system race running from July 22 – July 30! Check out the thread on our forums for details! 

Galnet Focus
    All the news from across the Galaxy

NEW RESEARCH CENTRE AT THARGOID SITE

As the number of newly discovered Thargoid structures continues to grow, reports from the Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 indicate that the Oracle, an Ocellus starport, has relocated to the system in order to study the region’s Thargoid structure.

Governor Ahmed, the starport’s principal administrator, released the following statement:

“The Oracle has long been a hub for scientific research, and in recent years many of our researchers have started focusing on Unknown Artefacts and Probes. The Thargoid structures are ripe for further study, and I therefore believe it is essential that we have a dedicated research centre at one of these sites.”

The Govenor expanded further: 

“We need to know more about the Thargoids – what they want, why they’re here and ideally how to communicate with them. My hope is that the Oracle will help us answer some of these questions.”

The Oracle is expected to arrive in the Pleiades Sector IR-W D1-55 within the next few days.

Community Goals
    The latest missions for you to take on

NULL CAMPAIGN CONCLUDES
    Conway City, LTT 4961

A spokesperson for NULL has announced that its appeal for commodities has been enthusiastically received by the galactic community, resulting in a massive influx of deliveries to Conway City, the organisation’s base of operations. The organisation’s campaign to clear the system of agitators has also been a success.

PLEIADES RESEARCH OUTPOST

Campbell Horizons, ABROIN

The Abroin has announced plans to establish a research outpost in the Pleiades Nebula, one of the centres of Thargoid activity. A spokesperson for the organisation said: “There is potentially a great deal we could learn from the Thargoids. Hopefully this new outpost will let us do just that”.

Comms Chatter
    A round up of this week's community content

LOOKING FOR SUPPORT

Do you support Felicia Winters and want to co-ordinate with like minded Commanders? Then look no further! The Federal Liberal Command is looking for Commanders to support Felicia in her endeavours, actively engage in Powerplay, and defend her territory. More information is available here.

PRIORITIES. THIS DAD KNOWS THEM

CMDR Samdpsois father knows how to prioritize.

HOW BIG?

CMDR Arithon tries to figure out how big his ships would be if he landed them on his street.

Check it out here.

See you in the black, Commanders

The Frontier Developments Team

If you no longer wish to receive emails from Frontier about Elite Dangerous, you can unsubscribe

Enjoyed this email? Why not forward to a friend

Frontier

Copyright © 2017 Frontier Developments plc. All rights reserved.

Frontier Developments plc, 306 Science Park, Milton Road, Cambridge, England,  CB4 0WG, UK

Always a pleasure to receive the newsletter. Thanks

Hooray for everything

Flimley

If my kid dropped the F bombs on me like that cartoon kid did, he'd be running bio-waste from the bubble to Colonia and back.

Playing Elite on PC, Mac and XBox One

Originally Posted by CMDR QUANTIS TRAP View Post (Source)
    As a cartoon dad, if my cartoon kid dropped the F bombs on me, he'd be running bio-waste from the bubble to Colonia and back.
    I was surprised when I read that. Not to be prudish but doesn't that go against FDs own forum rules to post it here?

What happened to Peekson McWeekson?

We will be taking a break from the gamescom show floor this year as we focus on another special event that we will be announcing soon.
    When is this special event?

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    I was surprised when I read that. Not to be prudish but doesn't that go against FDs own forum rules to post it here?
    I wondered the same thing. Tut tut FDev, PEGI rating 7 and above and you send them a newsletter with a link to a naughty word?!

Originally Posted by madbilly View Post (Source)
    I wondered the same thing. Tut tut FDev, PEGI rating 7 and above and you send them a newsletter with a link to a naughty word?!
    Indeed, makes a mockery of the naughty filter in ship names, which in itself is an irony in a game that features piracy, contract murder, smuggling ...etc

It's newsletter time! Thank you, Jenner.

Great streams this week, Steve and Bo. You guys are talented commander creator users. I had a fun time watching both parts, thanks guys!

Interesting engine color, feels like arctic breeze. I wonder if it makes your ship run with less heat too...

Nice comic strip, real life situation, lol.

They seriously sent me an advisory for using the letter "f" and aimed at no person. And the "moderators" account is not accepting PMs.

And this newsletter comic remains.

That, and the art in that "comic" is quite STUFFing terrible. Some STUFFing great moderation, yup.

Originally Posted by Teh Smoo View Post (Source)
    They seriously sent me an advisory for using the letter "f" and aimed at no person. And the "moderators" account is not accepting PMs.

And this newsletter comic remains.

That, and the art in that "comic" is quite STUFFing terrible. Some STUFFing great moderation, yup.
    The comic was made by a young bloke on reddit. No need to so obnoxiously gruff about it. But I agree that it isn't appropriate for this forum given Frontiers own rules...
    Elite Dangerous short stories:
    https://voidstarblog.wordpress.com/

Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post (Source)

When is this special event?
    Soon(tm), of course

Wow! Spelling mistakes and grammatical errors are one thing but an uncensored F-bomb!?!?

Guys, time to find yourselves a new newsletter editor I think.

(click this image to discover the best of the forum)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast