Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast

Thread: FAS Owner Club - The definitive Assault ship!

Here she is, dressed to kill in her pirate faction outfit.
    Does she not look like a real fatal beauty?

It's ridiculous, I love this beast ever more the longer I fly it, and there was an extra burst with any other ship I ever tried. They are all gathering dust now in some far away starport garages, including the brand new Krait. They are all just... nah. Not for me.

I'll do an oil change now, vacuum clean the cockpit, refill the coffee maker, and go kick some asses

Originally Posted by Hans v. Volldampf View Post (Source)
    Pure laziness
    Fuel stops suck, and where the distance to cover allows it I prefer to go non stop. The obvious choice to swap out for a scoop is the interdictor - but with a size 2 scoop each fuel stop just takes forever
    Yet a size 5 scoop has no mass and will finish scooping by the time you're on the other side of the star.
    The tanks just seems the worst of options.

Thou hast a point
    Never thought about it that way. I'll sure try this out the next time I leave (temporary) home.

As after any game update I've seen so far, mission rewards are on an all time low, so I'm sticking with power play longer than intended, raking in the weekly 50 mil plus the missions I do once the required merits are secured. Somewhat spooky, I'm in hostile space yet allied with everybody, and the cops all stay green while I shoot down legions of clean ships

Originally Posted by Hans v. Volldampf View Post (Source)
    Thou hast a point
    Never thought about it that way. I'll sure try this out the next time I leave (temporary) home.

As after any game update I've seen so far, mission rewards are on an all time low, so I'm sticking with power play longer than intended, raking in the weekly 50 mil plus the missions I do once the required merits are secured. Somewhat spooky, I'm in hostile space yet allied with everybody, and the cops all stay green while I shoot down legions of clean ships

I generally swap a fuel scoop for whatever largest mrp I'm running, then buy a new one at/near the destination since you can't engineer those anyhow.

If you leave a scoop in it also absorbs some of the module damage you incur, not sure if tanks do or not.

Honestly, since I started flying the FAS shieldless, I found myself reluctant to look for a different combat ship, as they would probably require shields to work well, and I got spoiled rotten by not having to touch the pips at all.

Originally Posted by Ozram View Post (Source)
    My current FAS is a mixed bag of stuff but I like the way t handles itself in a fight. Normally packhounds would be the death of any ship that relies heavily on hull, but Point Defense can make a real difference:
    I'd loose them if I were you, you ate nearly the amount you'd eat without it, more heatsinks and silent running.

Originally Posted by TheMegaTurnip View Post (Source)
    I'd loose them if I were you, you ate nearly the amount you'd eat without it, more heatsinks and silent running.
    That engagement was from a while ago. My FAS is currently sidelined but it will make a comeback. Always does.

I presently run mine shieldless, with prismatics or bi-weaves depending on what I'm up to. Prismatics are great for short-term engagements like assassination missions, they hold up fine with no pips to sys until the mission target is dealt with. For conflict zone or RES runs I prefer the bi-weaves since the prismatics eventually do go down and it takes forever to recharge them. I just don't have the patience to wait that long, and regularly end up fighting shieldless again

What do you guys weapon loadout wise for PvP? I've recently tried out different builds to see if i could find an optimal one for me, but i think it's just made me more confused overall. I used to run 3 long range plasmas and a cannon, which was a good loadout, problem was the heat gets quite intense. I've found that running 2 medium long range plasmas and 2 large long range cannons fixes the heat problem, but it feels like that loadout lacks dps, as the cannons only do kinetic damage while plasma's deal 60% absolute. There's also no useful experimental effects for the cannons, as high yield has been nerfed, and force shell makes the shot speeds out of sync. I also tried running 2 rails and 2 plasma's, but i honestly don't like using rails, i prefer projectiles.

My long proven layout consists of 2 Imperial Hammers (G5 short range, Super Penetrator/Feedback Cascade), and 2 gimballed Frag Guns (G5 overcharged with incendiary/corrosive specials).

I tried around intensively with Plasmas, MultiDakkas, Cannons and whatnot. Said setup is what suits me best by far. However, you need to find out what sits best with you anyway.

Fly safe, CMDR. 07

I think i may have just found my new loadout after intense testing of almost everything possible. I decided to ditch the lang range plasmas since they generate too much heat (wish i had legacy modded thermal reduction ones) and try out the efficient blueprint. Even though the shot speed is only half of what i'm used to, it's honestly not as hard to use as i thought. So now i run 2 large efficient plasmas, one with target lock breaker and the other with phasing, 1 medium efficient PA with dispersial field, and 1 overcharged medium PA with phasing sequence. This gives good alpha damage, even with the phasing sequence effect taking 10% of the damage away, i still reach over 106 dps, and heat isn't an issue, at least so far.

Fiddling around with the equipment sometimes leads to surprising findings. Outfitting another ship, I temporarily slapped on a pair of G5 long range Rails I happened to have sitting around uselessly. To my amazement, it turned out that although missing the 75% damage bonus of the short range mod, they are no less effective at removing shields - which is the main purpose I use them for.

I rarely fire them at range, but with the lower power dissipation and heat generation the long range mod brings along, I can fire them forever with 1,5 pips to WEP and without overheating my boat. I have consequently long ranged a spare set of Imperial Hammers and fitted them on the Federal Assault Beast. They work very well and will allow me to replace the "monstered" experimental on the Power Plant with something more useful.

You just never can try around enough

Btw, if you can get close enough, nothing beats Space Shotguns (aka Frags) when it comes to shredding things very fast

Long range require MORE power and has no heat reduction.
    Do you mean sturdy?

Originally Posted by Punchdrunk View Post (Source)
    Long range require MORE power and has no heat reduction.
    Do you mean sturdy?
    Feedback cascade experimental has 40% drop in thermal though I’m not sure about power requirements. Perhaps that’s what he meant?

You are right gentlemen, sorry I mixed up a few things and also failed to express myself clearly. The heat reduction is of course in comparison with the short range mod, which comes with +40% thermal load. Both the Super Penetrator and Feedback Cascade experimentals come with 40% reduction of thermal load, however these effects were also present on the short range rails I used before. You are also right about the power draw. However, the fact remains that it seems impossible to overheat the boat with the long range rails, which used to happen very quickly before the change.

Sorry for spreading nonsense, that was probably before my third coffee

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 69101112 LastLast