Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier Expo: October 7, 2017!

So looking forward to the outputs from this event.....only wish I could justify the expense of flying over from Australia. Any rich people want to fund me coming? Hmm, maybe I should start a Kickstarter to fund it.....

Make sure to request landing first, folks :D

I'll be coming along of course, can't wait! [heart]

I'll certainly try to make it. Don't wanna miss the first Frontier Expo.

Can't wait to see everyone there. Sounds super exciting.

Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post (Source)
    I just did a sexwee, where does it say this ?
    Don't slow the hype train with demands for facts :D

Why?

Not sure how to break it to you FD but you're not Blizzard. You're a long way from where they're at.
    It's a fair bit of hubris to think you need your own expo.

I'm sure you'll get a fair few attendees as some of your fans are seriously dedicated (a bit too dedicated, If I worked at FD and was expected to mix with fans at this expo I'd expect danger pay).

At the very least we will (I assume) get some new info about the game. Shame it's still several months away, means no 2.4 for another 2 months at least and post 2.4 fixes are light years off.

I just did a sexwee, where does it say this ?
    Someone was reading between the lions, and found a Panther.

Not sure how much ED detail we're really going to see at this event. Much of the 2.4 content is 'secret', the subsequent releases are core fixes/changes that I'd imagine will evolve over time. It could be a long way off before we see any if the big, headline features we want (visiting atmospheric planets & gas giants, exploring our ships, EVA, and surface first-person gameplay etc..etc..)

Finally managed to get though the work firewall and take a proper look! Looks as exciting as it sounds!

Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Why?

Not sure how to break it to you FD but you're not Blizzard. You're a long way from where they're at.

I'm sure you'll get a fair few attendees as some of your fans are seriously dedicated (a bit too dedicated, If I worked at FD and was expected to mix with fans at this expo I'd expect danger pay).

At the very least we will (I assume) get some new info about the game. Shame it's still several months away, means no 2.4 for another 2 months at least and post 2.4 fixes are light years off.
    LOL, you're the guy who said the same thing on facebook aren't you.

I just looked up "expo" in the dictionary. I'm at a loss to understand why Blizzard deserve "an organized presentation and display of a selection of items" and Frontier don't.

Don't know why you have to be such a downer on this really exciting news but I hope you decide to come along. If this has anything like the buzz and community spirit of the Lavecon events then it's going to be absolutely brilliant and I'm fairly confident that you'd come away from it with a very different opinion of Frontier and what they're about.

Enter AC/DC playing shoot to thrill - Elite is life..!!

?
    with a singer with damaged vocal chords and a guitarist with dementia who can no longer remember how so play, sadly I doubt we will ever see ACDC live again :(

Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Why?

pretty uncalled for tbh. go, or dont go, but who are you to judge who is or isnt "worthy" of doing an expo for their fans and to gain more public awareness.

at worst it will be a damn good knees up with scifi geeks (just like the launch party etc)

October 7, 2017, that's a long time from now. :rolleyes:

Cool that Frontier is hosting their own event though. I'm pleased that Frontier is using our suggestion to host their own convention.

Off work? Check.
    Can travel? Check.
    Doing his damnedest to get a ticket? Check check check!

Sounds great, can't wait. Not quite a special event here in Ireland, but it's as close as we're going to get...

...attendees are asked not to bring alcohol, outside food, drugs, glass, fireworks or any sharp objects to the venue...
    ..insta-log. What's the point?

:P

15. Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. #45
    Originally Posted by optimal_909 View Post (Source)
    Yay, Panther Clipper confirmed!
    Always on the first page of any announcement, there's this comment in some form or another. Never change Elite community. Never change [heart]

Originally Posted by MarktJones View Post (Source)
    Looks exciting, no ticket price info yet?
    Not yet. This will be announced in the very near future.

Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    Woooo hooo! Awesome. I'll be there for sure (unless I can't get a ticket).

Is this the "special event" that was mentioned a while back where you'd be announcing more about what's coming next?
    Well, it's a special event, not sure which mention of special events you're referring to. Most likely, though. There were some minor hints dropped about it in the past couple of months.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast