Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 443

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Frontier Expo: October 7, 2017!

  1. #46
    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    LOL, you're the guy who said the same thing on facebook aren't you.

    I just looked up "expo" in the dictionary. I'm at a loss to understand why Blizzard deserve "an organized presentation and display of a selection of items" and Frontier don't.

    Don't know why you have to be such a downer on this really exciting news but I hope you decide to come along. If this has anything like the buzz and community spirit of the Lavecon events then it's going to be absolutely brilliant and I'm fairly confident that you'd come away from it with a very different opinion of Frontier and what they're about.
    I wasn't the person on Facebook sorry, I don't go on it.

    I would like my opinion changing, I do actually want to be positive about the game and FD but I can't kid myself. It's why I still hang around here even after all the disappointments. I want to believe!

    I expect the ticket prices to be eye watering though, like north of £100.
    I'd come if it only cost £20. Considering it'd cost me a good £100 in train fares as I live up t'north.

  2. #47
    Sounds fun. Sadly I doubt after ticket price, train fare, hotel cost, booze, food etc I'd be able to afford it.

    Look forward to the live stream though. Me blog is starved of updates!

  3. #48
    Originally Posted by Dale Emasiri View Post (Source)
    Always on the first page of any announcement, there's this comment in some form or another. Never change Elite community. Never change [heart]



    Not yet. This will be announced in the very near future.



    Well, it's a special event, not sure which mention of special events you're referring to. Most likely, though. There were some minor hints dropped about it in the past couple of months.
    Dale... come on Dale... "near future"? The box office opens tomorrow, having the info in advance of this would be preferable to help make the decision. Especially if the tickets are going to be limited. I don't wanna have to umm and ahh over whether to get one based on the price, only to find it's all sold out.

  4. #49
    Originally Posted by Mad Mike View Post (Source)
    pretty uncalled for tbh. go, or dont go, but who are you to judge who is or isnt "worthy" of doing an expo for their fans and to gain more public awareness.

    at worst it will be a damn good knees up with scifi geeks (just like the launch party etc)
    Well If I said we're having a KING5TON Expo so all my fans can get together and we can raise public awareness would you not think that I was being a bit full of myself?

    So I don't think it's uncalled for to point out that a developer/self publisher with 2 niche games doing their own expo instead of going to the industry expos is a bit hubris'y.

  5. #50
    Originally Posted by JesusRocks1988 View Post (Source)
    Dale... come on Dale... "near future"? The box office opens tomorrow, having the info in advance of this would be preferable to help make the decision. Especially if the tickets are going to be limited. I don't wanna have to umm and ahh over whether to get one based on the price, only to find it's all sold out.
    Tomorrow?? I'm sure it said Friday 28th on the site goes off to check - yep so that would be 2 days away, unless it is suddenly Thursday, in which case I have bigger issues as I should be home packing not at work! Gotta have something to announce tomorrow :)

  6. #51
    Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Well If I said we're having a KING5TON Expo so all my fans can get together and we can raise public awareness would you not think that I was being a bit full of myself?

    So I don't think it's uncalled for to point out that a developer/self publisher with 2 niche games doing their own expo instead of going to the industry expos is a bit hubris'y.
    I'm sure all the tickets will be bought and people will have fun. Not sure much else matters?

  7. #52
    Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Well If I said we're having a KING5TON Expo so all my fans can get together and we can raise public awareness would you not think that I was being a bit full of myself?

    So I don't think it's uncalled for to point out that a developer/self publisher with 2 niche games doing their own expo instead of going to the industry expos is a bit hubris'y.
    I really can't see what the issue is. If they can pull it off and it's a success, then great. If Star Citizen can do it without a product, I can't see why FDev can't do it with two pretty successful titles and another in development.

  8. #53
    Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    I wasn't the person on Facebook sorry, I don't go on it.
    Fair enough (what are the odds of two different people comparing FD to Blizzard in the space of half an hour? Are Blizzard known for their "expo's" or something?). Anyhoo ..

    I would like my opinion changing, I do actually want to be positive about the game and FD but I can't kid myself. It's why I still hang around here even after all the disappointments. I want to believe!

    I expect the ticket prices to be eye watering though, like north of £100.
    I'd come if it only cost £20. Considering it'd cost me a good £100 in train fares as I live up t'north.
    I'd be absolutely astonished if the tickets were north of £100 (unless you're including accomodation). I'd have thought maybe £35-ish? What does it cost to get into something like GamesCon these days? Very curious to see now.

    o7

  9. #54
    Originally Posted by Max Factor View Post (Source)
    I really can't see what the issue is. If they can pull it off and it's a success, then great. If Star Citizen can do it without a product, I can't see why FDev can't do it with two pretty successful titles and another in development.
    No issue really, FD can do what they want, fans can go if they want.
    I think Citizencon is a waste of time and CIG are up themselves for having it when they haven't released a game so I'm not just picking on FD! :)

    Originally Posted by Alec Turner View Post (Source)
    I'd be absolutely astonished if the tickets were north of £100 (unless you're including accomodation). I'd have thought maybe £35-ish? What does it cost to get into something like GamesCon these days? Very curious to see now.

    o7
    Well I dunno. FD have a history of being a bit gouge-y with prices IMO. We'll shortly.

    p.s. I just had a look on Facebook, no, I'm not Michael Snaporello :)
    If I'd of posted on Facebook you'd know it's me.

  10. #55
    99% chance that I am in London this week (and weekend) for work reasons... hey... :)

  11. #56
    I know it isn't a competition, but FDev even manage to get their expo out before "the other game" this year! ;)

    If the ticket prices aren't too silly I will have to look at getting a hall pass. Long drive down from north of Hadrian's wall though :/

  12. #57
    Could do with hearing development plans now rather than the beginning of October. Oh well. :)

  13. #58
    Originally Posted by KING5TON View Post (Source)
    Why?

    Not sure how to break it to you FD but you're not Blizzard. You're a long way from where they're at.
    It's a fair bit of hubris to think you need your own expo.

    I'm sure you'll get a fair few attendees as some of your fans are seriously dedicated (a bit too dedicated, If I worked at FD and was expected to mix with fans at this expo I'd expect danger pay).

    At the very least we will (I assume) get some new info about the game. Shame it's still several months away, means no 2.4 for another 2 months at least and post 2.4 fixes are light years off.
    PSA: Anyone can host a PR event.

    If it is worth flying 7 mega-meters each way, at roughly 200 meters/second, going through Security/TSA, and Customs on both ends, and using vacation time I do not have, is another, completely different, question. :(

    How much does it cost to stay in a London hotel, nowadays?

  14. #59
    The launch event tickets were not cheap. Approx £60 as I remember it. Now, Im not sure how that translates here. They have to hire the hall, and do all the setup, and they want some kind of feeling of exclusivity. So, as there are Founders Tickets, Im guessing there will be a small range of prices.

    Anyway, Friday is not far off, so lets wait and see.

  15. #60
    I would want my free Sidewinder, for the trip back. :) The real-life one.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast