Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Lead Designers advice on dealing with griefing (part 2)

Self bump for a thread that is not mine? Seriously? I also think that a personal .txt for names of CMDRs I wouldn't want to ever meet again would be one of better solutions.

Originally Posted by space voyager View Post (Source)
    I just want a 'blocklist.txt' to add anyone I never want to meet in the game and that we can share. I'm sure gankers would soon be playing with themselves.
    It seems only fair, since PvPers keep KOS lists and share them amongst themselves. It'd be easier than the usual routine of warning people about gankers upon returning to the nearest station.

Originally Posted by EvE4evah View Post (Source)
    Aaaand necroed
    Hardly.

Originally Posted by jasonbarron View Post (Source)
    Who else thinks Stigbob should just start an MKIII version of this thread? I bet the mods would be down with that!
    Already got you covered there Jason old bean, just as soon as this one dies or is rendered obsolete by new information I promise to copy and paste part three straight on in there.

Originally Posted by EvE4evah View Post (Source)
    This right here is what is wrong with Block. And with this thread.

But please, Stig, go ahead and make a PART 3.
    I think you'll love it, it has an info-graphic. But you'll need to be patient.

Originally Posted by racer1 View Post (Source)
    It is an obvious necro/self bump, just look at the post content. An update from something that wasn't new.

Personally I think this thread has turned into Hotel California.
    I considered that when I added the update post, I thought will the whining PVP types go "WAH NECRO" if I add a post that I've updated the OP, and I concluded they would. Then I thought will updating the OP without posting that I've done it result in the whiny PVP types going "WAH SECRET EDIT, IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO KILL OPEN, HE'S IN LEAGUE WITH THE MODS" and I concluded they would.

So I decided to go with transparency and clear information for normal players, as the PVP'ers would probably get all miffed either way and it turns out I was right.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    Hardly.

Already got you covered there Jason old bean, just as soon as this one dies or is rendered obsolete by new information I promise to copy and paste part three straight on in there.

I think you'll love it, it has an info-graphic. But you'll need to be patient.

I considered that when I added the update post, I thought will the whining PVP types go "WAH NECRO" if I add a post that I've updated the OP, and I concluded they would. Then I thought will updating the OP without posting that I've done it result in the whiny PVP types going "WAH SECRET EDIT, IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO KILL OPEN, HE'S IN LEAGUE WITH THE MODS" and I concluded they would.

So I decided to go with transparency and clear information for normal players, as the PVP'ers would probably get all miffed either way and it turns out I was right.
    Wallowing in PvPer salt is fun! And great for the skin, too.

Self bump for a thread that is not mine? Seriously? I also think that a personal .txt for names of CMDRs I wouldn't want to ever meet again would be one of better solutions.
    Personally I think it would be OTT and easily exploitable, but it's definitely an idea with one hell of a lot of support with players. It would also breach forum naming and shaming rules so it would have to be run externally like the menu exit/clogger list on reddit.

Whilst I'm in favour of the block feature being there (provided it isn't heavily used) I'd be 100% against a distributable list. It seems to be that in a weird way it would amount to griefing, but from the other direction.

Personally I think it would be OTT and easily exploitable, but it's definitely an idea with one hell of a lot of support with players. It would also breach forum naming and shaming rules so it would have to be run externally like the menu exit/clogger list on reddit.
    If that is my personal file on my personal computer, it shouldn't be breaking any naming rules. But files, being what they are, can be shared among players...

Originally Posted by racer1 View Post (Source)
    It is an obvious necro/self bump, just look at the post content. An update from something that wasn't new.

Personally I think this thread has turned into Hotel California.
    Just to keep this wonderful thread alive and well, as said the last post was but four days before the post that got it rolling again, thus not really dead or necro to use the greek.

if it had been four weeks or four years or getting on for anything pre 2015, then yeah necro for sure, and as necroed is past tense (but then I guess the action to reopen the thread was already taken so necroed does work) EvE4evah should have gone with oh who's necroing this old tosh or something like that.

But my post adds nothing to this thread thus I'm out

So happy to see that ganking and murderhoboing are apparently alive and well, since the necroing and "blocklist.txt"ing are rampant. Keep up the good work guys, shred them to smithereens!!!

Gotta say, I'd be very, very, dubious of just downloading some kind of "blocklist.txt" and applying it to the game.

I can't help thinking that chances are it'd end up being a list created by, say, some loopy Fed' faction which just blocked every Imp' player from your game. Or vice-versa.

Any release date for the block.txt in sight? One of the best features of ED since Horizon release, imo.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)
    Gotta say, I'd be very, very, dubious of just downloading some kind of "blocklist.txt" and applying it to the game.

I can't help thinking that chances are it'd end up being a list created by, say, some loopy Fed' faction which just blocked every Imp' player from your game. Or vice-versa.
    This is a valid concern. Different players play different ways, and by the nature of competitive play some will choose one side over another. I'm happy with the current system where you are instanced with someone at least once & then choose whether to friend, block or take no action. So far I've friended a few, blocked no-one & taken no action on the rest.

Originally Posted by Stealthie View Post (Source)

Same here. That is why I'd probably do my own list based on the in-game experience.

I'm being griefed by a star:

I gather there's no way out. Thinkin' I'll hit that self destruct button about now.

Same here. That is why I'd probably do my own list based on the in-game experience.
    With something like the blocklist your own opinion really is the only one that carries any weight.

Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast