Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
Results 646 to 652 of 652

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.
Thread: Lead Designers advice on dealing with griefing (part 2)

  1. #646
    Originally Posted by Mesolithic View Post (Source)
    The very functionality of the block feature allows me to enforce my own rules, in addition to Frontiers.
    If you can't understand how every player playing by their own set of rules in a multi-player game is going to cause issues, we're never going to find common ground on this topic.

  2. #647
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    I keep track of known habitual combat loggers, when I can, so that I know not to waste my time interacting with them. They aren't willing to play the game and I don't feel compelled to conform to their personal set of rules where they never have to face any consequences for their actions.

    I don't block combat loggers anymore as it's counter productive to my own instancing and the instancing of others. Nor would I block someone just because they were part of some list. I either need to have statements from individuals I consider credible, sufficient evidence gathered myself, or clear cut cases caught on video (preferably multiple times or including an admission of guilt from the accused). I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, using context clues, and patterns of repeat incidents, so that I'm not claiming a confirmed willful disconnection without due cause.
    Sounds reasonable to me. You are taking personal responsibility for the improving the quality of your game experience. You have chosen not to use the block function to achieve this. Others find the block function a useful tool for achieving the same goal.

    I don't use the block list either, never have. I don't keep or use any lists except for my personal friends list. But I see no reason to deny others the use of blocking if it helps them enjoy the game more.

    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The very functionality of the Block feature is a statement of Frontier's abdication of responsibility when it comes to enforcing their own rules.
    I agree that Frontier don't do a very good job of enforcing their own rules, but I disagree that they have abdicated responsibility. It's a difficult task and I get the feeling they are learning how to do it as they go along. Enforcement will never be perfect anyway. I prefer Frontier making a hash of it to unaccountable players trying to enforce their own rules on the community. If individuals are using the block list to paper over the cracks in Frontier's enforcement then it seems like an appropriate use of the tool.

  3. #648
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    If you can't understand how every player playing by their own set of rules in a multi-player game is going to cause issues, we're never going to find common ground on this topic.
    The multi-player aspect of ED is optional, and customisable. I think the misunderstanding is yours in this case.

  4. #649
    Originally Posted by Riverside View Post (Source)
    The multi-player aspect of ED is optional, and customisable. I think the misunderstanding is yours in this case.
    The multiplayer aspect of ED is not optional in any mode and the customization available within the Open mode is one of it's key issues.

  5. #650
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The multiplayer aspect of ED is not optional in any mode and the customization available within the Open mode is one of it's key issues.
    Not an issue, a design choice & a feature. BGS manipulation is the only part of the multiplayer experience that is universal, direct player to player contact is optional & customisable by design.

  6. #651
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The multiplayer aspect of ED is not optional in any mode and the customization available within the Open mode is one of it's key issues.
    There is no such thing as compulsory in either a video game, or interacting with other people.

    It's all entirely voluntary.

  7. #652
    Originally Posted by Morbad View Post (Source)
    The multiplayer aspect of ED is not optional in any mode and the customization available within the Open mode is one of it's key issues.
    This only rings true if your talking about the BGS as if im playing in solo im choseing not to play with others and I can chose not to touch the BGS thus Mp aspect of the game is very optional.

    But then I never brought the game under the premise of it being anything but a solo game with the option to play with others if I wanted to which on the whole I dont.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344