View Poll Results: Pick three of these stories

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • 01 - Galactic Midden - Bottled Love, A Brother's Gift

2 20.00%
  • 02 - phong - i'll get back to you on that.

1 10.00%
  • 03 - RoyalHankey - A birthday never to forget.

2 20.00%
  • 04 - Edith_The_Hutt - Fish processing plant 3354, Merlin

5 50.00%
  • 05 - Listeri69 - 34th century toy, I wanna be your boy....

4 40.00%
  • 06 - Simoof - One more gift? Wait, huh no, wow!, two more? Yay.. what? aww. Tumour. Bummer.

2 20.00%
  • 07 - Cmdr Pseudonym - If a leper gives you the finger, do you have to give it back?

0 0%
  • 08 - cleonymus - Some gifts are better to give than receive - Tam-a-gotcha!

4 40.00%
  • 09 - insanephoton - The gift of life

3 30.00%
  • 10 - Nat - Gift from the grave?

3 30.00%
  • 11 - Frank - White Elephant

4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Drabble Short Story Contest #211:

Drabble Short Story Contest #211:

This is a Drabble contest. Please vote for your favourite Drabble. The subject this week was picked by last week's winner, Simoof.

His choice was "THE UNEXPECTED GIFT"

Psykokow hosts the Abraka-Drabble live reading show and "comedy" hour at 7pm BST, Fridays on...
    HUTTON ORBITAL RADIO! http://streaming.radionomy.com/HuttonOrbitalRadio (audio only)
    LAVE RADIO! http://laveradio.com/ (audio only)
    TWITCH! http://www.twitch.tv/psykokow/ (audio & visual)
    and will also be uploaded to his You-tube channel & anywhere else he can inflict the world with our drabblings!

Come back on Sunday night to see how well your Drabble has done. At least come back before Monday 15:00 to check if you're the one that has to provide us with a topic.

Please vote. And a plea to all of the contestants, Don't vote for yourself.

01 - Galactic Midden - Bottled Love, A Brother's Gift

"It's time", he said holding the antechamber door open for his brother, "you don't want to keep the ladies waiting".

"It'll just be like last year", his ceremonially robed brother sighed, "20 suitors repelled at the sight and smell of me".

"Oh I don't think so brother". He chuckled and withdrew his outstretched foot as his brother tried to regain his feet, his tangled robes complicating matters.

"Git!"

"Don't worry brother, let's meet your Chooser", he said, discretely patting a highly potent illegal pheromone on his brother's back.

The greatest gift he thought...
    ....until they passed the Imperial Guard dogs.

02 - phong - i'll get back to you on that.

The eMperor rose from his throne And advanced on a bewildered Simoof with outstretched arms,chuckling all the while.
    'Welcome my friend.Just my little joke.'
    He gestured for one of the guards to remove the dog,then convulsed into further fits of laughter at the ensuing tussle,before embracing him.
    He wiped at the corner of his eye,leaving a smudge as Simoof adjusted his mitre before taking the proffered stool,limping slightly.
    The dog,enamoured,looks on with loving eyes.
    Zen,curled within the embrace of a giant tartan slipper,waits for the other shoe to drop.

03 - RoyalHankey - A birthday never to forget.

Everyone was gathered in reception for Psykokow.
    Psykokow appeared to the great sound of applause.
    It was his birthday.
    Winnard gave him a present which Psykokow opened.
    It was a free entry pass to winnards hole.
    Then Mouse666 gave him an envelope.
    Psykokow opended it to find Mindwipes hairdressing reciept.
    Mindwipe gave him a small packet.
    Which Psykokow then opened to find Mindwipes shaven haircut remains.
    Frank was next and Psykokow said "What you got me".
    Frank replied "Me I'm still alive"
    RoyalHankey was next and said "Happy birthday Psykokow here is your present.
    "Remember when you had a brother".

04 - Edith_The_Hutt - Fish processing plant 3354, Merlin

Ilsa started at the infopad.

“Me?”

“That’s right! Eighth Generation!” The agent was far chirpier than software had any right to be.

“Of Jameson? *The* Jameson? You’re certain?”

“Yup, it’s been a couple of centuries but we keep close track of these things”

“So…”

“So you qualify for part of the legacy! Happy 21st Birthday! … erm, sorry it’s seventy-three months late, you were kind of hard to track down”

Documents flashed across the infopad’s screen, certificates of ownership automatically registered against her citizen profile. Finally a six year old e-mail popped up:

“Dear Descendant, welcome to the Pilot’s Federation”

05 - Listeri69 - 34th century toy, I wanna be your boy....

'But i'm nearly 60!' Simoof protested at the doctor..'And that's not the only problem I can see here'
    the doctor shook his head 'We've done all the tests and I'm afraid it's come back positive'
    'So how long have I got left?'
    'Well from what we can tell about two months maybe three, it's hard to tell what's natural and what isn't here'
    'But how did this happen I always take precautions?'
    'My best guess is nanosperm, it's found it's way through the atomically small holes in your body and changed it'
    'So that's it? I'm Pregnant from a pegging?'

06 - Simoof - One more gift? Wait, huh no, wow!, two more? Yay.. what? aww. Tumour. Bummer.

The old soft-spoken gentleman returned the torch to his immaculate white lab coat and removed his finger from Commander Winnards butthole.
    "I am afraid I have some very bad news for you."
    Listeri knew it was not going to be good. You don't spend that much time with two-way traffic and expect all to remain functional.
    He thought of Commander Midden and grimaced.
    "Tell me it straight!" Listeri demanded.
    "I'm not a doctor"
    "Well I have some bad news for you!" a red-faced, semi-nude, balls-out Listeri replied, voice all gravelly this time.
    "What's that?" the un-doctor asked.
    "I already knew"

07 - Cmdr Pseudonym - If a leper gives you the finger, do you have to give it back?

'You can keep that' The man croaked
    'Oh thanks' Said skiprat. It wasn't easy masturbating a leper but somehow he'd pulled it off'
    The outbreak had spread rapidly since the first case had been discovered
    It was assumed it started when a visiting pilot used an unsanctioned gloryhole.
    Then it was further spread around by Skiprat trying a new technique that involved a homeless dog
    Since becoming a nurse Skiprat had had to deal with outbreak victims every single day
    Apparently he found out on the first day people will trust anything wearing a uniform.
    Time for the next Leper

08 - cleonymus - Some gifts are better to give than receive - Tam-a-gotcha!

All across the bubble, children were waking and rushing around their habitat rings, to see what the local present giving entity had brought. It was the season finale, a Christmas in space.
    Huge cargo ships had been spotted delivering to major starports. Haulers spread the packages to even the smallest outpost.
    There were excited cries as the presents revealed a shimmering green egg and a set of instructions for it's care and maintenance.
    Parents watched as the gifts they had bought were cast aside and the eggs were given pride of place.
    Inside, the Thargoid young waited for hatching day.

09 - insanephoton - The gift of life

The planet was lifeless. Just one of countless terraforming candidates that for some reason hadn't generated it's own life. Miles above it dancing lights indicated a life or death struggle. A convoy of traders had been ambushed by privateers from a rival faction. A trader broke away and tried diving close to the planet to shake off it's pursuers. The violence of the manoeuver proved to be too much for the cargo hatch. Canisters streamed from the ship. Many of them broke up as they hit the ground and spilled their contents, Somehow this was enough to kick start life.

10 - Nat - Gift from the grave?

Bethan stood gazing at the Alien creature in front of her, heart pumping. It was insectoid, but had 4 limbs and was oddly humanoid looking.

“Not Thargoid?” she pondered

She drew her Laser Pistol and pointed ready to fire, the alien raised its arms as if to shield itself.

She holstered her pistol, the alien beckoned her to follow. Sneaking through the alien complex they came to cavern, a ship, a Fer-de-Lance, named “esprit de espérer”, her Dad’s ship.

How?

She turned to where the alien was standing, but it was gone. What was it? Why did it help her?

11 - Frank - White Elephant

The new station commander's smile was fixed as the GalNet photographers snapped their photos. He knew Sid was up to something. The two faction leaders shook hands over the weird bulky thing that coo-ed and moaned like whalesong.

Sid was appalled by the accusation. He spoke to the small crowd addressing the commander. "Your faction won this station fair and square, and to show that there's no hard feelings, my faction decided to surprise you with these...", he looked down at one of the shimmering items, "...unexpected gifts."

After a few hours the station started experiencing system failures and shutdowns.

Thanks for the votes all

Next Topic: Chocolate