Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Witcher 3 completionists ?

Originally Posted by Jezzah View Post (Source)
    Very fair points. I suppose I was kinda thinking I could bring a few perks from the DLC into the latter stages of the main game especially those from Hearts of Stone. Think I might do that one halfway through main and leave last DLC till after the main. Sadly this time I might go the route of yennifer over triss. Every play through I've done I've gone triss cos I'm such a sucker for red heads.
    That is the one true great decision to make in all of Witcher 3. Triss, or Yen?...

I went with Yen on my first playthrough, mainly because I already romanced Triss on W2, and also because I like tough women . On my second playthrough I went for Triss. Yen's story is richer and more entertaining IMO. And she makes a great counterpart for Geralt.

You can also go for both.

...but it doesn't end well.

One challenge you could try in The Witcher 3 is to have as many mods as possible at the same time. I'm trying to have Photomode 2inOne and Hood Cape toggle mod but nooooo. I end up having one of them and not both lol. And AMM just...never works for me.

Haha god no. No mods for me I'm afraid don't want my system to collapse from the burden. Getting a full high end system summer next year, until then I'll be playing this on high settings rather than ultra.

Well white orchard done for me just a few question marks to find and that's my completionist urges tickled for the place...

Originally Posted by askavir View Post (Source)
    That is the one true great decision to make in all of Witcher 3. Triss, or Yen?...

I went with Yen on my first playthrough, mainly because I already romanced Triss on W2, and also because I like tough women . On my second playthrough I went for Triss. Yen's story is richer and more entertaining IMO. And she makes a great counterpart for Geralt.

You can also go for both.

...but it doesn't end well.

I try to go for neither.
    I skipped through all romancing stuff as fast as I could.
    The romantic conversations bore me to no end, as they do in real life . It is simply not my thing.
    I am as standoffish as I can be in all situations.
    I wish there was an option to break them (the romantic conversations) all off right at the start, so I wouldn't have to jump through, what I perceive to be, all the pointless conversation hoops, full of vacuous babble.

I am not yet sure how this will work out. I am still playing the Witcher 3 now.
    I am about to have the big fight at Kaer Morhen.

So this surprised me today looking at acheivements.

Only 51% of people playing via GoG have unlocked the rather simple and early task of....finding yennifer.

That's pretty incredible really or am I just reading it wrong? Only half of people that bought got this far???

Only 51% of people playing via GoG have unlocked the rather simple and early task of....finding yennifer.

That's pretty incredible really or am I just reading it wrong? Only half of people that bought got this far???
    I have a colleague who bought TW3 last year and he never even left White Orchard. It just wasn't his cup of tea but then again he actually asked me why Star Wars Battlefront didn't win any game of the year awards.

Oh wow, that's pretty sad...
    However, I also heard the GOG platform was a bit bugged...

I had a love/hate relationship with Witcher 3, and couldn't get myself to clean the map and finish all side quests. As with all Witcher things the story was great, the world building, the atmosphere, the characters, all of that was top notch. The gameplay too had very good foundations, the character levelling was quite deep, so was gear customization, and potions were so much more convenient to use than in W1 and 2.
    But for me all of that was seriously spoiled by the lack of challenge even on death march. Or to be more accurate, by the fact all you had to do to win virtually all combats was to just...dodge, and even then only just vaguely at the right time. Dodging worked against almost all enemies and contrary to rolling cost no stamina and didn't put you out of range for a counter attack. Against groups of enemies you could easily spam it to avoid multiple attacks, relying only on rolling once in a while to get out of the way when too many were crowding around (too many being 10+).

What's interesting though, is that they fixed that in both HoS and B&W, with faster, tougher enemies using more AoEs and faster, much less telegraphed attacks which actually required proper timing and attention. The expansions genuinely felt like I was playing the game as it should have been from the start, so that was a bit of a bittersweet experience. And after I managed to beat Dettlaff with a large grin on my face at the end of a long streak of deaths, I decided against going back to the main game to tie up loose ends. I had had a trully great time in Toussaint (and I did in fact mostly clean up the map and quests) and regular W3 just couldn't compare.

The DLC is excellent in this indeed. I particularly liked Hearts of Stone but Blood and Wine had some brilliant stuff in it.

Can they please announce the release date for Cyberpunk soon. There's literally nothing else I can be bothered about on the radar.

The DLC is excellent in this indeed. I particularly liked Hearts of Stone but Blood and Wine had some brilliant stuff in it.

Can they please announce the release date for Cyberpunk soon. There's literally nothing else I can be bothered about on the radar.
    Blood and Wine could hold up as a Witcher 4 stand alone game imo, excellent piece of story and playable content.

Something about Cyberpunk 2077 that I'm looking forward to is to make our own characters. In TW3 you were just Geralt. Hopefully Cyberpunk2077 will be more of a role playing game in that fashion.

Hard to say what format will be with this. I get the "feeling" that you'll be making your own character and story. The devs have said that there will be a multiplayer aspect to cyberpunk but no real details how that will fit into the game. This is maybe the single aspect that concerns me with cyberpunk mixing multiplayer with singleplayer is an area that a few games have tried before but didn't really work or felt tacked on and unnecessary.

I feel that single player story telling is their massive strength and I liked the fact you played as Geralt in an brilliantly realised open world like Witcher 3. I'm not sure how they will handle that when you can make your own character and story. I'm optimistic though as they clearly have the talent and ideas to make it a success.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234