Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is instancing selective based on whether a player is 'Wanted' or 'Clean'?

Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post (Source)
    Instancing is different between supercruise and normal space... Stations seem to instance more players together than SC typically does.
    I can confirm from my blocking research that you will still see people you've blocked in super-cruise regularly, they are just not there after interdiction. You are also far far less likely to see anyone blocked in a station.

This issue doesn't sound like blocking at all.

Originally Posted by Stigbob View Post (Source)
    I can confirm from my blocking research that you will still see people you've blocked in super-cruise regularly, they are just not there after interdiction.
    Wait, what? Are you saying that blocked players can still interdict you, but won't fall into the same instance as you once interdiction is complete? Because that's seriously messed up if so.

(I'm assuming I've misunderstood your meaning here)

I only found out they'd fixed block a couple of weeks ago, that's not very long at all. If you have concerns about me abusing/exploiting you could always report me for it, please keep me updated so I can let you know nothing whatsoever has happened at every stage.
    Why would I report you? I have no need to be instanced with you because you haven't given me a good reason to kill you. Like I said you made your mind up about this a long time ago before the block feature was "fixed". Just another one of those players.

Originally Posted by GreyAreaUK View Post (Source)
    Wait, what? Are you saying that blocked players can still interdict you, but won't fall into the same instance as you once interdiction is complete? Because that's seriously messed up if so.

Your statement is correct. You get interdicted by a blocked player and they don't end up in your instance. Pure cheese.

Originally Posted by Kaa Mchorror View Post (Source)
    Why would I report you? I have no need to be instanced with you because you haven't given me a good reason to kill you. Like I said you made your mind up about this a long time ago before the block feature was "fixed". Just another one of those players.
    How did I know what FDEV would do so far in advance, and why am I not aware that I knew this all along ?.

It does seem to be happening that way occasionally. I think the blocking rules might be a bit more relaxed in super-cruise as it doesn't really matter.

It does seem to be happening that way occasionally. I think the blocking rules might be a bit more relaxed in super-cruise as it doesn't really matter.
    Oooo. No, that's bad. Blocked players shouldn't show (or you be shown to them) in SC either, otherwise what's the point? Better no interaction than broken interaction. Hopefully this is just a bug they'll iron out.

Oooo. No, that's bad. Blocked players shouldn't show (or you be shown to them) in SC either, otherwise what's the point? Better no interaction than broken interaction. Hopefully this is just a bug they'll iron out.
    I don't know, from my view it was a good way of confirming blocked players were in the same system whilst not appearing in instances with me. And the comm block is absolute, so it's largely irrelevant they can't interact with you which is the main feature of block.

Yeah its a problem. Open is supposed to be the "Anything goes" mode, yet people still get to decide "what goes".

Im not one for conspiracy theories but given the level of whinge on the forums since ....forever about people having the audacity to use their turrets on other hollow squares; it wouldn't surprise me if this was a stealth move by FD.

I don't know, from my view it was a good way of confirming blocked players were in the same system whilst not appearing in instances with me. And the comm block is absolute, so it's largely irrelevant they can't interact with you which is the main feature of block.
    Oh, I agree it's good for testing, but it's pretty bad for actual gameplay. Well, IMHO, obviously.

However, this doesn't appear to be the block feature at work (I think) so we're a wee bit off-topic

Doubt it will get fixed any time soon.

It's the result of FD giving a tool to players for countering abuse, but then letting players be their own arbiter on who is blocked. The result is only half the people out there being offensive actually get reported, but the "feature" then gets advertised by gratuitous tools as an FD endorsed "play Open but pre-block those nasty aggressive combat types, or anyone else that may or may not hurt my feels even though I haven't met them yet".

Originally Posted by StiTch View Post (Source)
    Doubt it will get fixed any time soon.

It's the result of FD giving a tool to players for countering abuse, but then letting players be their own arbiter on who is blocked. The result is only half the people out there being offensive actually get reported, but the "feature" then gets advertised by gratuitous tools as an FD endorsed "play Open but pre-block those nasty aggressive combat types, or anyone else that may or may not hurt my feels even though I haven't met them yet".
    The irony that the tool to counter abuse is being abused .

Oh, I agree it's good for testing, but it's pretty bad for actual gameplay. Well, IMHO, obviously.

However, this doesn't appear to be the block feature at work (I think) so we're a wee bit off-topic
    We were effectively summoned via paranoid posts blaming us, so I don't think we can really be blamed for that.

Still good point, sorry OP.

Maybe it's the other way round. FD doesn't want to protect clean Players from wanted griefers, but want to protect Players who got unvolutarily wanted (oops friendly fire) from being Serial-interdicted by Player bounty hunters.

Originally Posted by Friedenreich Xante View Post (Source)
    Maybe it's the other way round. FD doesn't want to protect clean Players from wanted griefers, but want to protect Players who got unvolutarily wanted (oops friendly fire) from being Serial-interdicted by Player bounty hunters.
    Lol.

This is not a thread about blocking, but an apparent instancing bias between wanted and clean players. Assume that nobody has been blocked by anybody for the purpose of this discussion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast