Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Buckyball Racing Club Presents: Prison Brake (07.08.3303 - 13.08.3303)

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    This course is phenomenal!

And I've decided I'll be racing my Imperial Courier, "Jackalope I".

I just did a run-through of the course to check it all out, and made a little "course overview" video in the process. Maybe it will help get some new folks interested in joining in!

https://youtu.be/YdtRNTVVSZE
    Yay - a Codger video for my morning commute! Always love these, thanks - ripping to iPad now.

- Sulu
    - Fish172
    - Open
    - Celeste
    - Imperial Courier

May god have mercy upon my hull!!

Saw this race and wanted to do it, but then I realised that I was out exploring. So I decided to do it on my Second Account instead. Problem Solved.

- CMDR BigBubbles43114
    - CMDR PlungedSphere34
    - Open
    - Freedom I
    - Sidey

Originally Posted by artigan99 View Post (Source)
    I just did a run-through of the course to check it all out, and made a little "course overview" video in the process. Maybe it will help get some new folks interested in joining in!

https://youtu.be/YdtRNTVVSZE
    I watched it and it makes for an awesome introductory and instructional video about the race, I'm honoured you took the time to do this!
    I hope you won't mind if I add a link to it somewhere in the OP.

Originally Posted by Fish172 View Post (Source)
    - Sulu
    - Fish172
    - Open
    - Celeste
    - Imperial Courier

May god have mercy upon my hull!!
    God will have mercy upon your hull for exactly 40 seconds. After that, godspeed

Originally Posted by CMDR PlungedSphere34 View Post (Source)
    Saw this race and wanted to do it, but then I realised that I was out exploring. So I decided to do it on my Second Account instead. Problem Solved.

- CMDR BigBubbles43114
    - CMDR PlungedSphere34
    - Open
    - Freedom I
    - Sidey
    Welcome to the races!

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    I watched it and it makes for an awesome introductory and instructional video about the race, I'm honoured you took the time to do this!
    I hope you won't mind if I add a link to it somewhere in the OP.
    By all means! I hope it's helpful.

Originally Posted by ZX Spectrum View Post (Source)
    Mitterand Hollow: You cannot land, the moon lands on you!
    I'm in. Intent to race:

- ZX Spectrum
    - ZX Spectrum
    - Open unlimited
    - CELERITAS LUCIS
    - Courier

I will keep a track of rebuy expenses...
    You can afford it!

Originally Posted by SushiCW View Post (Source)
    - Eagle
    - "Wee Mad Arthur"
    -
    LOL! LOVE IT! Just headbut it until it fly's faster

I'll be sitting this one out, considering i'm currently about 6,000ly from the bubble

Intent to race.

CMDR Cruel Rabbit
    Unlimited Class
    Mortal Coil (Viper Mk3)

I mean c'mon, look at that course! How could I not?

Since I just did a trial run, I'll leave this here:

Off to buy a Sidewinder

Originally Posted by Ashnak View Post (Source)
    Since I just did a trial run, I'll leave this here:

Off to buy a Sidewinder
    That's a diagram that will surely come handy for a lot of situations, this race very much included. Thank you!

If you're going to buy a Sidey to "clean" your wanted status, that's not even really necessary, from what I got from my tests being wanted doesn't change the reaction of the penal colony you are approaching, tolerance times remain the same. Unless of course you prefer not to be wanted in these systems for other reasons.

Originally Posted by AkenBosch View Post (Source)
    That's a diagram that will surely come handy for a lot of situations, this race very much included. Thank you!

If you're going to buy a Sidey to "clean" your wanted status, that's not even really necessary, from what I got from my tests being wanted doesn't change the reaction of the penal colony you are approaching, tolerance times remain the same. Unless of course you prefer not to be wanted in these systems for other reasons.
    I noticed. After buying and stripping that Sidey, I went to L... 4somethingorother (the mother system of the Bailey Penal Colony) in order to get myself killed.

First problem: the only station in the system was under different management, so I tried the outpost managed by the penal colony's faction. No reaction. They even let me dock and welcomed me, and the only ship in the vincinity (an Orca) refused to scan me.
    So I undocked and tried the main station. As expected - no reaction from the station, none from security. Ramming (at speed) other ships (ok, 2) in front of the slot only got me a couple of reckless flying fines. Headbutting the station wall got my ship destroyed, but didn't get the bounty paid. So I gues I got a dormant bounty now.

So I can confirm that during the race runs, it won't be necessary to get rid of bounties. It may not even be possible.

Intent to race!

CMDR <-lightspeed->
    Reg Eagle : James Earl Ray

I'll probably (who am I kidding - definitely ) have a go at Open as well. Just need to find a suitable ship name for the occasion

Fly nimble

ps If you haven't watched Barkley Marathons you definitely should

Originally Posted by superflyguy View Post (Source)
    ps If you haven't watched Barkley Marathons you definitely should
    Just checked and incredibly, against all odds, it's available in the italian catalog too! (Netflix Italy is still a joke compared to other countries...still waiting on The Expanse season 2 ). Will definitely take a look.

The race is about to start ladies and gentlemen, warm up your engines, check your Remloks and don't forget to sign your insurance policies!

Looks an interesting course. Not sure how much time I will have to play this week but will try to get a few runs in. I am just about to speed back to my home base in my T9 (cough) and then I think I take a look at the course and decide what ship to race. At the moment I am leaning towards my Hauler as it will be cheap to rebuy if I get shot

Intent to race. I've cobbled together the following with modules taken from a Viper MkIII, Dolphin, and a Hauler.

CMDR Jak (Jhyrryl)
    Unlimited
    Enigma Shuttle (Adder)

edit: I'm torn on whether or not to mod the thrusters more...they're currently only at tier 4. I'll probably get a couple runs in as-is first.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast